Please help! Shotgun holds tighter pattern than my .22mag - Page 5 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:08 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

I don't understand the necessity of degrading someone to get a point across? The OP was being guided in the right direction without any such unpleasant measures. It's a real shame certain people always allow these types of comments. It's no wonder an endless stream of members continuously leave for other forums.

Regarding my own comments here, I was "led astray" by some earlier comments related to 22lr ammo. Without thinking, along with forgetting the original title to this thread, I mentioned things about 22lr ammo, when in fact the rifle in question is a 22WMR/Magnum. For this confusion on my part, I apologize.

Sam, please don't spend a lot of time or money trying different kinds of ammo at this point. I'm 100% convinced your action is moving around in the stock, which I believe your pad and testing proved (as others also feel). If you doubt this, and have any of that new ammo left over to test with, removing the pressure pad will confirm what we're trying to tell you (the groups will open up again). Testing with your original ammo (with the pad in place) will also confirm this (with smaller than 8" groups). I also happen to believe that if you add a 2nd pressure pad, roughly mid-way between the action screw and the other pad, your groups will get even smaller, with any of the ammo you currently have.

Should you trust us, and confirm our recommendations, what happens from there is up to you, and what your willing to do or spend. A full bedding job by a professional, do one yourself, or take the low buck, low tech approach and just keep using some kind of make-shift pressure pad(s), but hopefully using a longer lasting material. Good luck.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:07 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (40)
Bicycle tire inner tube works great and itís cheap. Itís just me but no way I would pay someone to bed a $200 marlin. If Sam wanted a project thatís another story, it isnít that hard to bed a rifle if you do a research and watch some videos. Either way good shooting and enjoy or sell it
Iron
Old 05-24-2020, 07:54 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfSS454 View Post
I don't understand the necessity of degrading someone to get a point across? The OP was being guided in the right direction without any such unpleasant measures. It's a real shame certain people always allow these types of comments. It's no wonder an endless stream of members continuously leave for other forums.
I didn't go back and read every post on here but I didn't see anywhere between this post and your last one where anyone said anything degrading. Unless it was something earlier in the thread?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2020, 09:24 PM
Neal71
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would go back and check the crown on that barrel with a bore scope. I traded for a custom built bench gun that wouldn't hold 3/4 inch at 50 yards. I tried everything until one day I was looking at the bore with the scope. When I was pulling it out I noticed very fine circular scratch marks around the crown that I couldn't see with the naked eye. I had the barrel recrowned and it shoots bug holes at 50 yards now.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:07 AM
WillR
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Let’s see a photo of the gun with the scope.