Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Ozob

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So, who went Shooting today?

Who went shooting today (Sat Aug 20) Where did you go and how did you do?
Old 08-20-2005, 08:15 PM
mwm0816
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
next wednesday for me...to hot today.
-mwm
Old 08-20-2005, 08:15 PM
riggins
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Worked on my Garand inside with the AC on. To hot and humid to shoot.

riggins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2005, 08:18 PM
nwo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No shooting today. Crap In A Hat.
Major headache, so no range for me!

Tomorrow for sure! I'm going to burn up LOTS of ammo to make up for not going today!

Instead of this thread being titled: 'So Who Went Shooting Today?', it should be titled 'So Who DIDN'T Go Shooting Today?'. All of our responses so far indicate that nobody went!

Good Shooting!

Last edited by nwo; 08-20-2005 at 08:21 PM. Reason: add text.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:31 PM
1022guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking Went Shooting Today

I was not too hot here in Western Canada! My son and I took out a 10/22 and Lee Enfield No 4 Mk1* to the Homestead range about 50 kilometers (30 Miles) west of Calgary. On the way we passed a moose and a deer. Luckly for them it is not hunting season.

It was great to shoot outdoors, we do most of our shooting at 50 yards at an indoor range. It was fun to plink at non paper targets like old cans, clay pigeons and 12 ga. shells at 50 yards.

It was interesting to experience how far the .22 drops over 100 yards. Hope to go back soon.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:06 PM
m15a4

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nope, working today
Old 08-20-2005, 09:17 PM
gunguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Did not go today, but did go yesterday. Had a great time. Some friends that came down to visit went with us and are now thinking of buying a gun of their own, as they are new to shooting and realy enjoyed it.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:20 PM
GJackson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Shot a steel match this morning. Waiting on results to see how I did.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:26 PM
shsrcat

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Went to Duchesne (Utah) to shoot PDs. Unfortunately, the dog town was the same one we shot up last month. To make things worse the alfalfa had grown to about two feet and made spotting dogs even harder. At least I got a chance to sight in my 10/22 DSP with its newly installed PC hammer and adjustable sear. I also got to sight in my Savage 93R17 FSS which had the action installed in a Boyds stock.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Waxer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Went shooting today!

Well, My dad and I went shooting today! I took my trusty 10/22 and did my best to keep up with my dad. I must say he is more accurate ... but I always like to try! It's always fun to go shooting with your dad!

Waxer
Old 08-20-2005, 09:49 PM
xring5

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
rimfire twest

Went out, had fun, got a little wet, no problems
Old 08-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Yesterday, one advantage of being disabled is the schedule. I don't ever shoot on weekends any more, to many people. So I shoot during the week and the young man that I have been taking out and helping him some could only go on Fri. Unfortunately it was the hotest day of the year here in the Nashville area....97* I'm told the "feels like was 107". Yeck. But had a good time. Got to try out a new barrel on the 10/22. I traded a NOS Rem 788 22-250 magazine to MR. GEE here at RFC for a stock carbine barrel, blue. Put it on Thurs day and it was off to the range. Mr GEE had told me that this was a very good barrel. You know how that goes....you want to believe but was it? BOY WAS IT!!!

I shot Wolf MT and ME, Federal #510 Champion and American Eagle 38gr HP. Some WW Dyna points that OldSwede gave me to test. I shot at least 5 or 6 groups with each type. Mr.GEE if you read this you have made me a very happy guy. I shot about 20 groups right around 1/2". Many of these groups were like 3/8" with a flyer that made it .5 or.6"!! All at 50 yards. If there are any doubters my friend Andy from here at RFC was there and he shot the rifle as well. Oh yeah the rifle. Pretty much a 29 year old BONE STOCK 10/22 carbine!!!!! Oh, well I did tinker with the trigger back in 77. Just cleaned up the contact edges and snipped a coil here and a coil there. Not bad but not a great trigger. No bedding. Barrel band still on. These things are NOT supposed to shoot like that at 50 yards. I bought this rifle new in 1976. I has been my main plinker up to last year. I'm thinking it has between 75,000 and 80,000 rounds thru it.

Probably won't be till next january till I can afford to do it but I got this barrel with the intention of sending it to CPC for set back, rechamber and crown, Gonna do some trigger work in the next two weeks. This is going to be my "Super Stock" rifle. Stock appearing but very trick underneath. Cpc will also get the bolt next year. The question is if it shoots this well now.....what is it going to do after I do the trigger and Randy works his magic? I am very happy with my old rifle with the new barrel.

Now I have two half inch 22 plinkers with my T/C and this Ruger and my Space Gun 17m2 is now consistantly under a half inch. Too bad I don't hunt anymore. But you know what? I'm a very happy guy to have three rimfires shooting like that. Happy indeed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 08-20-2005, 10:11 PM
PassPigeon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Am caught tween M15A4 and Vincent.

Work weekends (today included)...and find things way too busy for recreation type stuff (too many people) cept during the weekdays.

Being an odd duck does have its advantages....sometimes.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Spike52
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
%%%% gamers!

Cowboys took over the town last week -- IDPA'ers took over my pistol range today! When does it ever end!?

Seriously, I don't begrudge them their matches and I'm glad they choose our range to play, but my Lord it's inconvenient! Had to drive another 10-12 miles up the road and pay 10 bucks to shoot.

Nice range though, if small. Lori was our rangemaster and an authoritative voice on the line. Her attentive courtesy was appreciated.

I did find they have a permanent rimfire spinner fixture on station 17 -- a pair of little 4MOA (or so) spinners at 50YDS and a can of neon survey marker paint near the fire extinguisher -- so that sort of made up for things. I'll remember them as an alternate place or when I'm in the area.

Right nice fun day with the Buckmark Camper w/BSA red dot, until the battery started to go dead. Got out the CZ Scout and spun some steel for another 3-400 rounds after that. Probably burned through 5-600 rounds of that crappy Peters ammo I've been wishing I didn't buy, and shot 50 rounds through the Makarov.

Pretty good couple hours with a friend today... till the girls called from the mall ready for a ride. All good things must eventually come to an end.

Hey, spinners ROCK! Try spinning one for 5 rounds without letting it stop... with a bolt action. Loads of fun! I highly recommend it.

-S
Old 08-20-2005, 11:22 PM
woodchuckssuck
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Send a message via AIM to woodchuckssuck
no shootin today, my brother was home this weekend visiting wifes family, but of course his wife was off with her cousin today so we took his dog Lily, a black lab, for a walk through the woods behind where i live. about a 2 mile total trip, maybe more...im outta shape but it was lots of fun.

tomorrow is Skeet shootin day if its decent out...well i mean if its dry highly doubt ill shoot anything else. skeet will kill most of my spare time anyways. was gonna get out today with bro but didnt wanna drag the dog to the range in my blazer. leather + puppy = not good.