Rws subsonic hollow points. - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-19-2018, 11:51 AM
dantheman2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

RWS Subsonics are great suburban sniper rounds when varmints are cleaning out the vegetable garden.

Work great on squirrels too.

Dan
Old 01-19-2018, 01:31 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I forgot to mention I've taken a couple grey fox with em, broadside only at nite for me. One of the fox had a broken front leg on the side facing me and the round went thru the lungs and exited the critter. Dropped like a rock.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:58 PM
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KassperT View Post
This round has been on my mind since this thread started. It made me realize I had no real quality hunting 22lr in my possession. I found some Norma Subsonic HP close to me and bought some but have yet to try it out. I live in CA and they don't like us using lead but I'm not certain if it's law or what.

buckweet- how do you like this round this far?

Well.. so far one possum's opinion is...
It took the whole back half of his head off.
By golly, I was impressed.
Yes, I said I was going to try this anmo in the Tennessee ridge runner clone.. Feddersen barrel.
But... Grabbed the Ruger VELH clone instead.
Very accurate in the GM barrel.
Looking forward to seeing better weather, and a nice calm day.
I think ? So far this ammo has a lot of potential.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:56 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I wish someone would test and write up a report on whether the RWS and Norma are the same or not. RUAG is the parent company that markets both. I would have done so in the past but now money is tight and body less willing.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:54 AM
Sloop_JohnB

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil in Alabama View Post
I wish someone would test and write up a report on whether the RWS and Norma are the same or not. RUAG is the parent company that markets both. I would have done so in the past but now money is tight and body less willing.
I am thinking that components are the same but quoted muzzle velocity is 1017 fps for Norma and 1033 fps for RWS. Is this resultant from different loading or perhaps different test barrels?
Old 02-02-2018, 05:15 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
No information from me, although it does sound very possible. Too bad someone in Europe who is familiar with RUAG doesn't use RFC. Insider knowledge is great!
Old 02-02-2018, 06:18 AM
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Ive hunted with RWS SS over thirty years. In my rifles there was negligable differences in accuracy between RWS and Eley, but RWS seemed to kill better and gives a louder THWOCK when it hits.

Recently I have been shooting CCI SS HP and in my rifles shoots as good as the other two and is half the price. I just received CCI SS segmented which advertises 1050 velocities. Havent tried them yet.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:37 AM
armtx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought several bricks of RWS SSHP about 4 years ago. I was trying to use ELEY SSHP through a couple of Ruger LVT's and the OAL on the Eley, made it impossible to use them in the Rigers.

In a 10rd mag, I would get at least one FTF. Thr nose would of the round would get stuck in the face and when it did feed, it would shave lead off of the round.

So, RWS tested second in accuracy behind the ELEY SSHP. I went all in with 5 bricks.

It has done the job on everything it has hit and at 70.00 a brick(2013 prices). I have found it to be much cheaper than ELEY SSHP. I was able to get sub .50 with RWS and right .41 with ELEY, but has to hand load each round to get that out of the ELEY.

The RWS shoots well out of my CZ SuperMatch and American as well. Although I use ELEY through those two rifles.

I will buy RWS again, when thw present stash gets low.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:07 PM
K22
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
It is by far my favorite Squirrel hunting round. I started using it in the late 70's with a KDF K22 and a S&W 41, superb accuracy out both. The Mauser 201 I have shoots it quite well also, in fact, most of my rimfires do.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:15 PM
Dobeardsley
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I really like the THWOCK.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:42 AM
Scrumbag

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes, use them in my Brno Model .22lr. Most consistent ammo I have found. Use same brand for target shooting.

Scrummy