Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-07-2019, 10:44 PM
Alan Aronstein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
High Standard Firearms USA, LLC

The State of Texas Revoked the Charters and Authority to do Business for High Standard Mfg Co, Inc and High Standard FA, Ltd for failure to: 1) File a Franchise Tax Report 2) File a Public Information Report 3) Pay Franchise Tax 4) Designate a Registered Agent to the State of Texas. The State of Texas served the papers by mail to Jim Gray(Chairman of the Board of directors) in Montana in 2018. These Facts are ALL a matter of Public Record. I am President of High Standard FA USA. As I stated in Late August and September, I (as President) acquired the remaining Houston Assets from the Landlord who had foreclosed under their "Landlords' Lien". The place was trashed !!! I had forecast that it would take several Months to consolidate the operations and re-start the business. Interarms which is the sales operation was moved over and operational by the middle of October. OFM Corp (which has the FFL ) has completed its' Lease agreement and should be moved into the Bldg by Mid December ( which is about 2 weeks late based on my original estimate). OFM Corp started doing Repairs and Manufacturing in 2016 in its' 34th St Location. OFM Corp originally manufactured the Luger for Stoeger Co in NY. That contract ended and OFM(Mr Romo) had all of the Luger Tooling and some remaining Tooling(that was usable) for the Fake HS Pistols that were made for Stoeger. We made an agreement and OFM started production of parts and firearms on 34th St. The problem was that OFM only had a few machines and workers. Production was VERY slow and, now that issue is solved !!! The results are that the Gunsmith/Machinists that have been working with me since 1993/94 are still on the job. Bob Shea went over ALL of the fine points of Building and Working on theHigh Standards with EACH ONE of them over the years !!! I am trying to either get a Shot Show Booth or Use the Corner in one of our suppliers or customers Booth. Very Soon- You will see MORE: 1) "X-Series" Match Pistols 2) AMT "Hardballers" 3) M1911 Match Pistols 4) AR-15 and M-4 Rifles 5) AKM and AK-9 Rifles 6) Magazines, Grips, Parts, and Accessories for ALL Models. This has been VERY Difficult and Expensive. I am still having fun and, ALL of us feel at HOME in the old location !!! More reports to follow- Alan Aronstein
Old 12-08-2019, 01:30 AM
chuckbiscuits

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Old 12-08-2019, 06:17 AM
LDBennett
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good job, Alan, in pulling it all back together. I look forward to seeing your new lineup.

I thank you again for fixing my Houston Trophy several years back with its new stainless steel frame. The gun is a jewel and gets shot regularly in rotation with my many other target guns. It easily holds its own against almost any of them!

LDBennett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2019, 12:51 PM
heron163

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I will buy some magazines if you offer them for sale...
Old 12-08-2019, 06:56 PM
NVaVettes

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Congrats on your patience, persistence, dedication, and hard work on keeping the 'High Standard' brand alive!

Don
Old 12-14-2019, 08:53 AM
Nuvolari

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congratulations on great progress on this project. Very glad to see a growing business. Do you do repair work on original AMT Hardballers? Thanks.
Old 12-14-2019, 12:41 PM
CPC
RFC Sponsor
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
Middletown CT, Earth, 1st door on the right
TPC Rating: 
96% (22)
Sounds good... I started a successful LLC with only a unemployment check as a asset...

Last edited by CPC; 12-14-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:59 PM
Alan Aronstein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
AMT Pistols

OFM can service the AMT Pistol Line. The "Hardballer" is a Model That OFM can repair at this time. Thanks for your inquiry.- Alan Aronstein
Old 12-14-2019, 10:07 PM
Alan Aronstein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CPC Comments

Starting any business is a challenge !!! Glad that you were successful !!! Rebuilding a Train Wreck and, the willful destruction at the HS Plant has been a real challenge. I was gone by the end of Oct 2014 and, the company closed in April 2018. It was hard to beleive the findings in April 2019 !!! - Alan Aronstein
Old 12-14-2019, 11:32 PM
LarDaBear
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
If you can produce the High Standard Sentinel MK IV's with the 4" barrel count me in for one!
I've wanted one for decades but have just never been in the right place at the right time.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:07 AM
chopperman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Aron, if you build a competition Hardballer could you build it in good carbon steel. I have an old Hardballer that some gunsmiths won't machine on to make accurate. They said the stainless steel wasn't a preferred grade and/or it had inclusions in it. One said it wouldn't be in spec and would be a lot more work and expense, I guess that comes with worn out tooling or inexperience. I did buy a Springfield RO for that reason and then had some machining and parts replacement to make it an even better Bullseye pistol.
I still shoot my E.Hartford Victor, those are hard to improve on, it is very accurate, and still is the best trigger I ever pulled on a 22 pistol.
Thank you Aron
Old 02-07-2020, 01:19 PM
LoneWolfSS454

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hi Alan.

Today I saw Mike Myer's recent post about his new X-Series HS pistol which got me curious, and wanting to add to my growing collection... You see, I'm the very happy and proud owner of an inherited (from my father), early 50's, New Haven Conn, Supermatic (Ser.#41XXXX). Originally it came to me with Franzite "near bakelite" (closer to Tenite™️ ) plastic thumb-rest grips (which is how my father always had it), but a while back I found, modified, and installed some vintage Herrett's thumb-rest grips. Besides looking and fitting the pistol much nicer, the wider and flatter thumb-rest better suits my somewhat large hands, and they closely resemble the Fritz wood thumb-rest grips on my late fathers old 6" K-38 S&W revolver (which I also ended up with & it fits me perfectly). The old Supermatic has always been a great joy to shoot, with awesome accuracy, while never failing to feed and function perfectly. I think another reason I like it so much is the perfectly (for me anyway) light breaking 1.75 lb trigger with wide serrated shoe.

So this brings me to today and the strong desire I have for a "new model" HS ("HS-Style"?) pistol (X-Series? I don't even know what's currently available...). The only thing is I haven't been able to find a single link or web address where I can place an order. Can you please help with this situation Alan? BTW, like Mike, I too could use a rail for mine, but I only need to mount a (short) micro-sized Weaver brand, single cross-screw weaver-mount, holo type (red dot) sight. I do want the option to use iron sights (w/fully adjustable-rear) as well. If possible, I'd also love the new one to have the same high quality 1.75lb trigger of the old Supermatic. Thanks in advance.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg With New Herrett Grips_003_800x.jpg (226.2 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg With New Herrett Grips_002_800x.jpg (226.6 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg With New Herrett Grips_005_800x.jpg (151.7 KB, 294 views)

Last edited by LoneWolfSS454; 02-07-2020 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:16 PM
Alan Aronstein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
X- Series Pistols

The Pistols are well made and, they have some features that I changed over the years. I changed the barrels, the magazines, the frame material, and the Finish. I know that the ones that have been shot since 2018 are great performers. The production after that initial run has been a small but a steady flow. NOW- the former HS/TX work force at OFM is stepping up production !!! It takes 3 to 4 weeks after ordering to receive your pistol. The lightest trigger pull that we offer is 2#. The pistols are supplied with 2 magazines and a scope base. The traditional HS Vent Ribs will be available in April at a reduced price to X- Series Pistol Buyers. The OFM group has a new and in development web site www.highstandardfirearmsusa.com You can reach them thru that site.-
Alan Aronstein
Old 02-07-2020, 02:38 PM
LoneWolfSS454

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thak you very much Sir.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:20 PM
MikeMyers

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A few suggestions - the rail that Alan sent me (I have no idea what the part number is) seems to me to be as good as it gets. I told Alan I wanted to mount my Aimpoint Micro sight as low as possible, and all the way to the rear. This rail not only does that, but when I move the sight forwards for testing (will try at the range tomorrow) it seemed to me that the gun felt even better, and my "wobble" was reduced. In this morning's testing, one important thing for me was to put my thumb within the "thumb rest", but to NOT allow my thumb to touch anything, especially the grip to the right of my thumb. There was a microscopic change in my dot pattern as soon as my thumb touched - which explains why some of my groups yesterday were "higher" than they were "wide".

Also, the part Alan designed for racking the slide is worth its weight in gold. All my struggles from the past were gone.

Suggestion for Alan - as a final finishing step on the gun, especially in the slide area, have the machinists use a stone to smooth out the sharp angles. I've got three cuts from racking the slide - now that I know where to put my fingers, it's easy, but those edges are so sharp that one mistake and I'm bleeding.

I don't know enough to say "why", but the new gun is SO much better than any High Standard I have yet shot. The balance is perfect. Whatever Alan's technicians did to the trigger, I wish they could visit me and configure my other guns the same way. It's the best trigger I have ever felt, and it makes it so much easier to fire the gun without disturbing the sights.

The gun is not only everything I expected/hoped it would be, but a whole lot more.