FINALLY, a RUGER Single Six! - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-29-2020, 02:08 PM
300winmag
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
FINALLY, a RUGER Single Six!

Last summer I got a 1980 RUGER single Six for $315. and the magnum cylinder was unused. The blueing showed only some "holster wear" and I bought a nice Hunter brand leather holster with a snap strap to secure it.

The pistol has a 2.25 lb. trigger pull which is surprisingly light and must have had some work done on it because the let-off is crisp.

I'm very happy with the high quality work RUGER put into a "mere" .22 caliber revolver. And BTW, this was my 1st .22 revolver.
So my Single Six with the WMR cylinder is a "companion" to my RUGER 96/22 mag lever action rifle.
->I also have a .44 mag. Winchester 94 and .44 mag. TAURUS Tracker DA pistol. This was my year forgetting rifle/pistol combos because I ALSO got a RUGER 57 (5.7 x 28 centerfire) to go with my FN PS90 which fires the same NATO round.

So three rifle/pistol combos and all in 2020. Guess it wasn't all a dumpster fire year.
Old 12-30-2020, 10:25 AM
DGNY
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congratulations on your almost-new (given that fine build quality) Ruger single six revolver! Many of us have had great luck with them and we hope you will, as well. Sounds as though you had a pretty good year keeping the economy strong in 2020.

We all enjoy hearing of range sessions and reports when available!

Indeed, the combos of revolver/pistol and rifle are fun. Hope my own 44 Mag and 357 Mag combos will be out to play in warmer (and safer) times, soon.

Best for 2021!