Picked up a Uberti Stallion - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-08-2018, 08:04 PM
mythotto's Avatar
mythotto
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2011
Location: 
S/E Pa
Posts: 
130
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Picked up a Uberti Stallion



Log in to see fewer ads
After owning Single sixes for many years - I have recently been a little disappointed in them.
I picked up a Lipsey limited stainless - fixed sights and 4-5/8 barrel. Well right out of the box the cylinder pin release button was frozen in the frame. So the cylinder was not coming out. I took it back to my FFL and he coaxed it out. But honestly the button never worked as it should after that. Then I had issue's with the hammer locking up from time to time. I could of sent it back to Ruger - But a brand new Ruger out of the box really disappointed me. A Beautiful revolver and built like a tank but it was time to move on.
About a week back I stopped into one of my local Gun Stores and as I was browsing I came across a new Uberti Stallion 22LR - I never saw or held one - Well it was love at first sight. One piece walnut grip, case hardened steel frame and Hammer, Blued 5.5 Barrel, solid Brass trigger guard and back strap and that Wonderful 4 click Hammer. This revolver just felt right in my hands. It Loads and unloads lightning fast - when your emptying the cylinder - and you hear each click - the plunger is perfectly lined up to each chamber and out it comes. unlike most 22 SAA. It has The Traditional Colt Safety - 1st click safety and cylinder pin two position safety - But if your going to carry please load only 5!
I still have my Rough Rider Combo - that's a keeper
Ken

Last edited by mythotto; 06-22-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-09-2018, 09:16 AM
RickR
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Sep 2014
Location: 
Western North Carolina
Posts: 
215
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Good looking

Great looking gun. I have one but mine has the steel grip frame. I really like the looks of the brass trigger guard and grip frame. I have been watching a brass trigger guard on EBay for a while but does not have the grip frame with it. I might try to get the guard anyway after seeing yours.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-09-2018, 01:50 PM
bangbang's Avatar
bangbang is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Location: 
USA. Oregon.
Posts: 
4,201
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
what you found out on some of the new guns is why i like the older ones.

you can still find them but you will want to pay the price and do the work.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 06-09-2018, 04:17 PM
NHcollector

Join Date: 
May 2013
Posts: 
1,649
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have found Uberti firearms to be high quality, whether cap and ball or centerfire. I am waiting for a used revolver such as yours to show up at my favorite LGS.

I have Ubertis in 32-20, 44-40, and in 45LC. I'd like to find one in 38-40 because I have an old Winchester 1873 in that caliber. I bought the 32-20 revolver because I have a Winchester 1892 in 32-20.

The Ubertis compare quite well to my one Colt SAA.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-09-2018, 07:52 PM
lightflyer1's Avatar
lightflyer1
US Army Veteran

Join Date: 
Mar 2015
Location: 
Central Texas
Posts: 
96
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I too picked up an Uberti (Cattleman) to go along with my Ruger Vaquero in .45LC. It is a fine piece of work! Same dimensions as my Ruger so holster works for both. Swap them out when I choose something different.




Last edited by lightflyer1; 06-10-2018 at 08:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-09-2018, 08:37 PM
mythotto's Avatar
mythotto
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2011
Location: 
S/E Pa
Posts: 
130
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Two Beautiful Revolver's lightflyer - You have very good taste.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-12-2018, 04:39 PM
varmit hunter67
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2008
Location: 
Lilburn, GA, near Stone Mtn.
Posts: 
4,393
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHcollector View Post
I have found Uberti firearms to be high quality, whether cap and ball or centerfire. I am waiting for a used revolver such as yours to show up at my favorite LGS.

I have Ubertis in 32-20, 44-40, and in 45LC. I'd like to find one in 38-40 because I have an old Winchester 1873 in that caliber. I bought the 32-20 revolver because I have a Winchester 1892 in 32-20.

The Ubertis compare quite well to my one Colt SAA.
I have a 32-20 S&W Hand Eject. Do you shoot the Winchester White Box. I have some Precision Cartridge Inc. but that stuff is pricey. Does Remington still make 32-20? I heard they did, but have never seen any.

Please excuse me for hi-jacking the thread. I don't see the 32-20 mentioned often. Great shooting pistol. I would imagine yours is as well.

VH
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-12-2018, 10:56 AM
NHcollector

Join Date: 
May 2013
Posts: 
1,649
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmit hunter67 View Post
I have a 32-20 S&W Hand Eject. Do you shoot the Winchester White Box. I have some Precision Cartridge Inc. but that stuff is pricey. Does Remington still make 32-20? I heard they did, but have never seen any.

Please excuse me for hi-jacking the thread. I don't see the 32-20 mentioned often. Great shooting pistol. I would imagine yours is as well.

VH
I have Remington yellow and green box ammo. You might try reloading to cut the cost. The first 32-20 revolver I bought was/is an old Colt Police Positive, a very sweet revolver. I'm into off-beat calibers, I found an old Savage 23C in 32-20, had to have that too. Very little of what I buy is new. I'm 72, often what I buy is older than me. There is a song about the 32-20, "32-20 Blues" by Robert Johnson, it's on YouTube.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-28-2018, 10:32 PM
mythotto's Avatar
mythotto
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2011
Location: 
S/E Pa
Posts: 
130
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I have recently sold my Uberti (Nice Gun) I like my Heritage's a bit better.Ken
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-20-2018, 08:52 PM
Hawkmoon's Avatar
Hawkmoon
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2011
Posts: 
367
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a separate thread going with my request but, seeing a discussion specifically about one of the two guns I'm inquiring about, please excuse me for duplicating: I would greatly appreciate if those of you who have the Uberti in .22LR and/or .22WMR -- 6-shot version -- would remove the cylinder and post up a photo of each end of the cylinder. There's a screwball idea bouncing around in my noggin and I'd like to get some good, fairly close-up photos of the cylinder(s) to try to assess if my idea is worth pursuing.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-23-2018, 04:30 AM
gr8guns's Avatar
gr8guns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Oct 2002
Posts: 
2,436
TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I can post a picture here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
I have a separate thread going with my request but, seeing a discussion specifically about one of the two guns I'm inquiring about, please excuse me for duplicating: I would greatly appreciate if those of you who have the Uberti in .22LR and/or .22WMR -- 6-shot version -- would remove the cylinder and post up a photo of each end of the cylinder. There's a screwball idea bouncing around in my noggin and I'd like to get some good, fairly close-up photos of the cylinder(s) to try to assess if my idea is worth pursuing.

Thanks.
I can post a picture here, I will in a bit. I have a 7.5 barrel .22 Cattleman 1873.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-23-2018, 04:41 AM
flangster is online now

Join Date: 
Feb 2013
Posts: 
5,052
TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
What's the accuracy like on the Uberti rimfires?
__________________
============
n00by is now flangster on RFC -- still a newbie though
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-23-2018, 07:32 AM
gr8guns's Avatar
gr8guns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Oct 2002
Posts: 
2,436
TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I am not much of a shooter......

I am getting groups of about 1 1/2 to 2 inches at 20 yards with open sights.....my son does a little better than that. .....These Uberti pistols have a great trigger, and the cylinder indexes with the hammer at half cock for easy loading and unloading. I am not good with open sight pistols.

Last edited by gr8guns; 08-23-2018 at 07:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-23-2018, 07:36 AM
flangster is online now

Join Date: 
Feb 2013
Posts: 
5,052
TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guns View Post
I am getting groups of about 1 1/2 to 2 inches at 25 yards with open sights.....my son does a little better than that. .....These Uberti pistols have a great trigger, and the cylinder indexes with the hammer at half cock for easy loading and unloading. I am not good with open sight pistols.
Wow. That's pretty good. In fact that is as good or better than any group I have ever shot off hand at that distance. They look like nice little rigs.
__________________
============
n00by is now flangster on RFC -- still a newbie though
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-23-2018, 09:10 AM
gr8guns's Avatar
gr8guns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Oct 2002
Posts: 
2,436
TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Woah !

Quote:
Originally Posted by flangster View Post
Wow. That's pretty good. In fact that is as good or better than any group I have ever shot off hand at that distance. They look like nice little rigs.
That is off a sandbag for me........I couldn't average that free handed.....off the bag my son can do about an inch.....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x