Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:04 PM
mythotto
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Picked up a Uberti Stallion

After owning Single sixes for many years - I have recently been a little disappointed in them.
I picked up a Lipsey limited stainless - fixed sights and 4-5/8 barrel. Well right out of the box the cylinder pin release button was frozen in the frame. So the cylinder was not coming out. I took it back to my FFL and he coaxed it out. But honestly the button never worked as it should after that. Then I had issue's with the hammer locking up from time to time. I could of sent it back to Ruger - But a brand new Ruger out of the box really disappointed me. A Beautiful revolver and built like a tank but it was time to move on.
About a week back I stopped into one of my local Gun Stores and as I was browsing I came across a new Uberti Stallion 22LR - I never saw or held one - Well it was love at first sight. One piece walnut grip, case hardened steel frame and Hammer, Blued 5.5 Barrel, solid Brass trigger guard and back strap and that Wonderful 4 click Hammer. This revolver just felt right in my hands. It Loads and unloads lightning fast - when your emptying the cylinder - and you hear each click - the plunger is perfectly lined up to each chamber and out it comes. unlike most 22 SAA. It has The Traditional Colt Safety - 1st click safety and cylinder pin two position safety - But if your going to carry please load only 5!
I still have my Rough Rider Combo - that's a keeper
Ken

Last edited by mythotto; 06-22-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:16 AM
RickR

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Good looking

Great looking gun. I have one but mine has the steel grip frame. I really like the looks of the brass trigger guard and grip frame. I have been watching a brass trigger guard on EBay for a while but does not have the grip frame with it. I might try to get the guard anyway after seeing yours.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
what you found out on some of the new guns is why i like the older ones.

you can still find them but you will want to pay the price and do the work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2018, 04:17 PM
NHcollector

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have found Uberti firearms to be high quality, whether cap and ball or centerfire. I am waiting for a used revolver such as yours to show up at my favorite LGS.

I have Ubertis in 32-20, 44-40, and in 45LC. I'd like to find one in 38-40 because I have an old Winchester 1873 in that caliber. I bought the 32-20 revolver because I have a Winchester 1892 in 32-20.

The Ubertis compare quite well to my one Colt SAA.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:52 PM
lightflyer1
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I too picked up an Uberti (Cattleman) to go along with my Ruger Vaquero in .45LC. It is a fine piece of work! Same dimensions as my Ruger so holster works for both. Swap them out when I choose something different.

Last edited by lightflyer1; 06-10-2018 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:37 PM
mythotto

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Two Beautiful Revolver's lightflyer - You have very good taste.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:39 PM
varmit hunter67
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHcollector View Post
I have found Uberti firearms to be high quality, whether cap and ball or centerfire. I am waiting for a used revolver such as yours to show up at my favorite LGS.

I have Ubertis in 32-20, 44-40, and in 45LC. I'd like to find one in 38-40 because I have an old Winchester 1873 in that caliber. I bought the 32-20 revolver because I have a Winchester 1892 in 32-20.

The Ubertis compare quite well to my one Colt SAA.
I have a 32-20 S&W Hand Eject. Do you shoot the Winchester White Box. I have some Precision Cartridge Inc. but that stuff is pricey. Does Remington still make 32-20? I heard they did, but have never seen any.

Please excuse me for hi-jacking the thread. I don't see the 32-20 mentioned often. Great shooting pistol. I would imagine yours is as well.

VH
Old 07-12-2018, 10:56 AM
NHcollector

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmit hunter67 View Post
I have a 32-20 S&W Hand Eject. Do you shoot the Winchester White Box. I have some Precision Cartridge Inc. but that stuff is pricey. Does Remington still make 32-20? I heard they did, but have never seen any.

Please excuse me for hi-jacking the thread. I don't see the 32-20 mentioned often. Great shooting pistol. I would imagine yours is as well.

VH
I have Remington yellow and green box ammo. You might try reloading to cut the cost. The first 32-20 revolver I bought was/is an old Colt Police Positive, a very sweet revolver. I'm into off-beat calibers, I found an old Savage 23C in 32-20, had to have that too. Very little of what I buy is new. I'm 72, often what I buy is older than me. There is a song about the 32-20, "32-20 Blues" by Robert Johnson, it's on YouTube.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:32 PM
mythotto

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I have recently sold my Uberti (Nice Gun) I like my Heritage's a bit better.Ken
Old 08-20-2018, 08:52 PM
Hawkmoon
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a separate thread going with my request but, seeing a discussion specifically about one of the two guns I'm inquiring about, please excuse me for duplicating: I would greatly appreciate if those of you who have the Uberti in .22LR and/or .22WMR -- 6-shot version -- would remove the cylinder and post up a photo of each end of the cylinder. There's a screwball idea bouncing around in my noggin and I'd like to get some good, fairly close-up photos of the cylinder(s) to try to assess if my idea is worth pursuing.

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:30 AM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I can post a picture here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
I have a separate thread going with my request but, seeing a discussion specifically about one of the two guns I'm inquiring about, please excuse me for duplicating: I would greatly appreciate if those of you who have the Uberti in .22LR and/or .22WMR -- 6-shot version -- would remove the cylinder and post up a photo of each end of the cylinder. There's a screwball idea bouncing around in my noggin and I'd like to get some good, fairly close-up photos of the cylinder(s) to try to assess if my idea is worth pursuing.

Thanks.
I can post a picture here, I will in a bit. I have a 7.5 barrel .22 Cattleman 1873.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:41 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
What's the accuracy like on the Uberti rimfires?
Old 08-23-2018, 07:32 AM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I am not much of a shooter......

I am getting groups of about 1 1/2 to 2 inches at 20 yards with open sights.....my son does a little better than that. .....These Uberti pistols have a great trigger, and the cylinder indexes with the hammer at half cock for easy loading and unloading. I am not good with open sight pistols.

Last edited by gr8guns; 08-23-2018 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:36 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guns View Post
I am getting groups of about 1 1/2 to 2 inches at 25 yards with open sights.....my son does a little better than that. .....These Uberti pistols have a great trigger, and the cylinder indexes with the hammer at half cock for easy loading and unloading. I am not good with open sight pistols.
Wow. That's pretty good. In fact that is as good or better than any group I have ever shot off hand at that distance. They look like nice little rigs.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:10 AM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Woah !

Quote:
Originally Posted by flangster View Post
Wow. That's pretty good. In fact that is as good or better than any group I have ever shot off hand at that distance. They look like nice little rigs.
That is off a sandbag for me........I couldn't average that free handed.....off the bag my son can do about an inch.....