Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:50 PM
kfields
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
A model 121...one that got away this past weekend !

I went to the first gunshow of the season Saturday morning at one of the local county fairgrounds with the hopes of picking up a nice original German P-38 pistol. I was fortunate and ended up finding a nice original finish, matching, not import marked "cyq" for $525. As I was working that particular deal with the vendor and with the pistol COMPLETELY disassembled in my hands, in walks a guy down the aisle to the side of me with an immaculate, greater than 95% finish Model 121 ! Here I am attempting to stay focused on the first purchase, checking the finish, parts match, looking for hidden import marks, etc and this sharp rifle walks by. I quickly ask how much and he throws back $225. I had the cash and sensed the rifle could have been bought at $200 or possibly less but I couldn't mentally handle both deals at the same time so I let the 121 walk. After I purchased the P-38, I looked for the 121 but it had disappeared into the crowd. It would have been a wonderful buy.
This ever happen to you guys?

Kim
Old 10-09-2007, 10:49 PM
welderguy652
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What would you have done with another 121? Ya just sold your last one 6 weeks ago.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:00 AM
kfields
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I would have sprayed it in cammo colors, double the price and sell it to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Bullet Bob
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I would have dropped that "collectors item" so fast it would have broken the speed of sound, and gave the 121 guy $235.00 just for making me so happy.

But that's just me. Love those quality .22 pumps.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Red Tornado
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
What a horrible ending to the story. Did you ask the 121 guy to hang around for a few minutes? Oh well, at least you got a nice P-38 but don't expect too much sympathy at RFC. Bullet Bob knows what you SHOULD have done.
RT