SIGHTRON SIII LR 10-50x60 MOA-2 Reticle Scope - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-03-2021, 06:35 PM
airboatgreg

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
SIGHTRON SIII LR 10-50x60 MOA-2 Reticle Scope

Hi All, I shoot 50 to 100 yards with a decent22 rifle. Am currently using a Leupold 25 Vari X III with fine crosshairs. Am thinking of going to SIGHTRON SIII LR 10-50x60 MOA-2 Reticle scope. Eyes are getting tired and am thinking I like more versatility this type of reticle would offer.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Old 10-03-2021, 08:13 PM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The MOA-2 middle dot is on the large size, and if the shooting is at fixed distances such as 50 and 100, the MOA 2 reticle's hash marks are not used.

The Target Dot reticle offers fine crosshairs with a target that's small yet is ten times the thickness of the crosshairs. It's the one I use and would choose if I was looking for another scope for shooting at 50 and 100.

Old 10-04-2021, 05:03 PM
Gizmo60

Ireland - Across the big pond as they say
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sightrol make great scopes.

As PG says, go for the target dot with fine cross hairs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2021, 01:07 PM
BadaBing11
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I知 interested in this scope with the fine crosshairs and dot .

I had a Weaver T24 with a similar style reticle . I had to return it cause it was too hard for me to see .

Has anyone looked through both the Sightron and Weaver to compare ? I知 hoping the Sightron is easier to see.
Old 10-17-2021, 06:17 PM
Noknot

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadaBing11 View Post
I知 interested in this scope with the fine crosshairs and dot .

I had a Weaver T24 with a similar style reticle . I had to return it cause it was too hard for me to see .

Has anyone looked through both the Sightron and Weaver to compare ? I知 hoping the Sightron is easier to see.
To my eyes they are about the same.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:24 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
First , always focus the reticle. On a fine cross hair reticle this isnt always easy. Put the scope on the lowest magnification , unless ffp,and use a well lit white wall. Look on for a few seconds, adjust a little and look again , repeat , Then move to max magnification and repeat. any more than a few second peek, and your eye and brain will trick you , and you wont really have it focused.

I don’t really like a dot at all. For me simple intersecting crosshairs are best. But on my dots, If im shooting for groups i click poi up one and right one so i can put-the dot on the bullseye and not the hole im making.
If im shooting for score the dot is on the bullseye.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:56 PM
BadaBing11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Too Many 22s, I had thought the reticle focus adjustment was to be set only on high magnification and used for all other magnifications based on this setting. I値l try setting it at lower magnification and see if that helps . Although , I think it痴 an astigmatism problem.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:25 AM
Lloyd S.
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadaBing11 View Post
Too Many 22s, I had thought the reticle focus adjustment was to be set only on high magnification and used for all other magnifications based on this setting. I値l try setting it at lower magnification and see if that helps . Although , I think it痴 an astigmatism problem.
You are correct. The reticle only has to be focused once.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:40 AM
flatlander

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'd seen some information online concerning the improvements of the SV scopes over the SIII line, and got interested enough to purchase a SVSSED 10-50x60TD. I wish I had access to the SIII 10-50x60 to compare it to, but it's an excellent scope, even considering that it's HUGE and heavier than the SIII. Mine's mounted on my Vudoo V-22S single shot BR rifle, and I'm very impressed with both the optics & the tracking.