100% (14)
rossi 62 parts

does anyone know if the parts of the new taurus 62 fit the rossi 62
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...Picture016.jpg
Old 08-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Uncle Ji

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Same gun different label, parts should interchange with minimal fitting if any.
http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/rifle_manual.pdf
Old 08-26-2007, 09:11 PM
JMO

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
would you mind keeping your progress posted?

not trying to hijack your thread. i am supposed to acquire a pump that is broken in exchange for some work i did the other day. guy says he has carried this .22 to three different gunsmiths and no one seems to be able to repair it. i saw this gun bout 3 years ago and i remember the carrier? broke into. seems like it is a cast part and i did a lot of research because i have been trying to buy this rifle from this guy for 3 years knowing it was broken. there was a service center in miami that supplied parts at that time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2007, 11:13 AM
3006mv

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think there was a place in FL that had parts b/c they were the only place that fixed things for Rossi since they stopped making that model, give Taurus a call for parts and service now. You can also get parts from Numrich.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:17 PM
peeperx
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via MSN to peeperx
part's for Rossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO View Post
would you mind keeping your progress posted?

not trying to hijack your thread. i am supposed to acquire a pump that is broken in exchange for some work i did the other day. guy says he has carried this .22 to three different gunsmiths and no one seems to be able to repair it. i saw this gun bout 3 years ago and i remember the carrier? broke into. seems like it is a cast part and i did a lot of research because i have been trying to buy this rifle from this guy for 3 years knowing it was broken. there was a service center in miami that supplied parts at that time.
Dont know if this will help but the M&m gun shop Phone 1 703 739 2150 was the last place i could find parts for the m62 the shop owner bought up all the parts when the importer stoped selling them I think it was fire arms international , I have bought a hamer and triger from him , The gun smith where i bought my m62 had to repair it and used some other carrier that will not fuction with shorts or long 's and I would like to replace it but i dont have the funds right now . Gun part's corp. says that the winchester 06 and rossi parts will interchange but did not have any carriers when i called peeperx.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:39 PM
3006mv

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If the carrier you have now does not have the cross slot and drill hole across it and is solid, that is the one that only works for .22lr An original part with the cartridge stop and pin will allow you to use shorts. I wonder why your gunsmith had to replace the original carrier?
Old 09-01-2007, 07:58 PM
JMO

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
what a wealth of info!! i picked up this gun yesterday, it is a rossi, the third gunsmith has had it since 12/29, don't know how long the other two kept it. anyway i think the carrier is the part that tilits the cartridge upwards towards the barrell. the taurus diagram is grainy, but i know a portion of the carrier snapped off.

do you mind telling how much he charged you for the carrier?
Old 09-01-2007, 10:01 PM
3006mv

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Do a search for a winchester diagram. numrich should have the part, I don't know what it would cost though.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:19 AM
3006mv

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
http://stevespages.com/ipb-rossi-59-62.html http://stevespages.com/ipb-winchester-62a.html http://stevespages.com/ipb-taurus-62.html
Old 09-02-2007, 07:49 PM
JMO

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i did the winchester e-gunparts thing a while back, very few parts available.

BUT remembered a friend of mine has this same rifle, mentioned that at church this morning, rode to his house this afternoon, broke down both rifles and.... viola.. my carrier is broken and all of the little pins and levers that attach to it are gone, but i know exactly what i need. also his is the .22lr only and mine is the s.l.lr. carrier so that is why it has a little lever in the middle of the carrier. i will call m&m and see if he will sell me the whole carrier.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:45 PM
3006mv

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Your carrier takes the different lengths, that little lever is called the cartridge stop and has its corresponding cartridge stop pin (no.s 9 & 10 respectively in the Winchester diagram I posted earlier from stevespages; notice the Rossi has it also but diff. no.s of course and the Taurus diagram doesn't have this part at all). His doesn't have that or the slot cut but may have the hole for the pin because his only shoots the l.r. like you said. If he wants to convert his he should order those parts, I would like to do that to mine, can you post pictures? You just need the carrier and pins sounds like. If you were able to get it apart to look at I would imagine you guys can put it back together w/o the help of a gunsmith. Your friend may be able to cut a slot and do some judicious filing and get it to feed all lenghts. I am not sure how those parts work but I imagine it stops say a shorter cartridge from the magazine to go in too deep in the carrier and then it is able to get brought up forward into the breech by the bolt without getting stuck or jammed, maybe only J.M. Browning can explain this. Good luck, let us know of your progress, and if possible post some pix. At some point I had the parts to do this but lost them and never had anything to compare it with to be able to do the work, but in actuality I don't know that I would shoot the other cartridges b/c of the price in ammo, I think a box of CCI shorts and longs cost quite a bit more than the cheap bulk .22lr I am used to shooting. But if I ever find those parts it will give me something to do, I imagine if it doesn't function right for me I can just leave those parts out and back to original.

Last edited by 3006mv; 09-02-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:12 PM
JMO

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
my friend did take pics and i just got them. don't know how to post. if someone that knows how to post pics will email me i will send them and anyone interested could see.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:57 PM
peeperx
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via MSN to peeperx
wrong carrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3006mv View Post
If the carrier you have now does not have the cross slot and drill hole across it and is solid, that is the one that only works for .22lr An original part with the cartridge stop and pin will allow you to use shorts. I wonder why your gunsmith had to replace the original carrier?
I bought the m62 from this gun smith and he did not know that it was broken till we looked at it before i took it home so i left it there to be repaired and he could not get a rossi carrier and used one from I guess a taurus . I later had to replace both the hamer and trigger as they were also damaged , I now have more money in this little gun than it's worth so i did not care if it had any worth as a rossi so i had groves cut in the barrel to mount a scope. and fire laped the bore and it shoots real good but I can not use it to shoot the CB's like i wanted except as a single shot. peeperx
Old 11-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Thor Bloodax
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rossi Repair - More on M&M Gunsmithing

M&M Gunsmithing
204 South Union Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

(703-739-2150
703-739-9890 fax
E-mail [email protected]

Answers to "Mike"
Old 11-10-2007, 05:01 PM
welderguy652
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
M & M

I've had 2 different Rossi's to him in the last couple of years. I was very satisfied both times. He seems to be pretty busy. He told me he was the factory warranty station when Interarms was importing the Rossi.