Will a Stevens 416 barrel fit on a Savage 4C action? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:39 AM
CDSteding
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Will a Stevens 416 barrel fit on a Savage 4C action?

I have a Savage 4C action, there's a Stevens 416 barrel for sale. One of the "X" types. Unfortunately none of the photos show the chamber area of the barrel, it's still in a section off the sawed-off action. Was hoping someone might know. Thanks for reading this and for any time and effort in answering.
Chris
Old 08-04-2021, 02:57 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It think it should be a direct fit, the 416 action was larger diameter but otherwise I think the same. There was a 416 barreled Model 5 at an auction a few years ago, the barrel & receiver are almost the same diameter where they meet but it did not look like they had to modify anything on either to put them together. That had a tube magazine and that had to be fit flush to the barrel. The barrels on these are pinned on with the pins off center, that one had empty pin holes in the receiver and the barrel was held on by set screws threaded into the lower front of the receiver, the barrel never had the grooves for pins or if it did they did not line up with those in a Model 5.
Old 08-10-2021, 06:33 AM
CDSteding
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
SAV 22, my barrel came in last night and yes it should work perfectly. I little extra work on the stock and all will be well. The final touche is a Weaver J2.5 with a LITSCHERT, photos to follow. Thanks for your input, it's greatly appreciated. Now if the weather here in central up-state NY would fall into place as nicely as that barrel did, life will be good.