Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Heggis

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

From the other thread... Hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootn.tootn View Post
I discovered that my safety did not function. It could not be pushed into the "safe position".

Tore the gun down and discovered that the short leg of the spring (the one that faces forward) was going straight down and consequently fouling the safety lever. When I relocated the short leg of the spring so that it now angled across to the other side of the cavity- rather than straight down - life was good again.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:20 PM
mEnTL32
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah I actually read that before I posted.. mine might be some other issue. I tried taking the sear spring completely out; it still won't come up into position.

I'll fiddle with it some more..
Old 09-04-2007, 05:11 PM
farbynddrvn82

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
interesting

I have had the same trigger problems in my new buckmark after the spring flip as well. Tried adjusting the backlash on the trigger (no difference), but havent opened it back up yet. Was planning on putting it back to normal, but after that slamfire story I'm even paranoid to do that. Interested to see how this turns out. Please keep me posted
Old 09-04-2007, 07:23 PM
mEnTL32

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I went out and got one of those disassembly guides.. it goes through detail stripping the Buckmark but doesn't mention any special steps to prevent this problem. I did their steps in reverse order (sear spring, then sear, then safety, then hammer)... it looked like it was going to work until it was all back together.. now the safety won't push all the way up.

I even handled a new Buckmark at the store just to make sure I wasn't crazy. It worked fine of course (I didn't bother to ask if they'd let me tear it apart )

I can't help but think I've lost some little part or I'm missing some three-handed maneuver during re-assembly.

I just gave up and am going to use it for now without the safety. Truth is, it may have never worked I've never used it.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:34 PM
stainless45

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to stainless45
Question...

OK - please tell me what the sear spring mod is - and what does it: benefit / do / improve?

My BuckMark has the best / smoothest trigger out of ALL my handguns - but if the mod makes it better? Please someone explain...

Thanks!

Old 09-05-2007, 10:08 PM
mEnTL32

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It lightens the trigger pull, there's a long thread all about it on this forum. Just search for "sear spring" and you'll find it.

So, follow up. I took it to the range, all is good now. Shoots like stock. No slam-fires, no dropped hammers. I'm happy.

Still having trouble with the safety, so I took it to a gunsmith. He's confident he can figure it out.. after hunting season

Until then, if anyone gets any brainstorms.. I'd love to hear your ideas.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:38 PM
rusty22

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
you did n't replace the safety, right?

just for the record and clarification, you did not replace your original safety with a new one, right? i mean, that's the one you had in there originally?
-rusty22
Old 09-06-2007, 03:42 AM
mEnTL32

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yep original.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Heggis

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainless45 View Post
OK - please tell me what the sear spring mod is
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=174356

And read it all... page 4 has some step by step pictures
Old 09-06-2007, 06:13 AM
chim

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I've had two problems with safties on Buck Marks.

One caused light hits. It looked like a problem from the factory. The inner part of the safety lever interfered with the mainspring plunger if the safety was in just the right (wrong?) position. A short session with the Dremel cured it.

The other problem was on a pistol that the previous owner had apart. Apparently he used force to remove or reinstall the lever and he must have bent it slightly. I was never able to get it to work as smoothly as the others...............chim
Old 09-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Heggis

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mEnTL32 View Post
I'm trying to imagine how the safety works but I can't grasp it. Is the little leg on the safety supposed to wrap around the sear somehow? Just don't see it...
Finally got my hands on my Buckmark to solve how the safety works. Basically it just stops the sear from moving. Picture clears it pretty well

http://heggis.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Guns/Br...17-01.jpg/full

So since you had a brand new sear it would need some material to be removed from the other leg of the sear. Ofcourse the legs surface has to be in right angle so that the safety goes on but doesn't allow the sear to move.

Last edited by Heggis; 09-09-2007 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:58 PM
stainless45

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to stainless45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heggis View Post
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=174356

And read it all... page 4 has some step by step pictures
Thank you very much. I will take the time to review all, but mine is such a great shooter - I'm afraid to mess with it!!! LOL
Old 09-11-2007, 04:43 AM
mEnTL32

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Heggis!! In my mind, that's how I imagined it working. Strange strange... why won't it pop around that sear leg?

I took it to the range again today... still no problems other than the safety..
Old 09-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Heggis

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It propably wont go around the searleg cause it hasn't been fitted?

There is always difference between guns in measurements. So some parts do require fitting, some don't. In many guns the safety is one of the parts that needs to be fitted individually. In this case the fitting is not done to the safety itself but to the searleg. Or you could say it's easier that way and cheaper also for the manufacturer to create little oversized searleg and file the extra off than to start looking how much more to bend the safety.

A gunsmith can do the fitting if you don't feel that you can do it. Atm your gun will work just fine but the safety wont work until the leg sees some file
Old 09-11-2007, 11:56 AM
mEnTL32

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think you're right.. well, my local gunsmith says he'll have plenty of time to work on it after hunting season (I see his ads on this site BTW.. he's the guy who makes those 10/22 stocks with laser sights built in.. just had to say that)..