Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Micro-Groove barrels for a 10/22?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Toomany22s 
#1 ·
#6 · (Edited)
#8 · (Edited)
Any members here have one?

As the ol' saying goes about the Blind Hog & an acorn.

That's a heck of a 50 yd. group without any barrel seasoning. :eek:

Wonder if that's consistently repeatable?
Yep. One review doesn't make it a "got to have one of these" barrel. As we all know, only time will tell. However, the link in #1 post does show great promise. As long as they have been in business, that itself is a step in the right direction. However, the same can be said about some of the "other brands" that some don't shoot very well. Yep...... Time will tell. What we need is some very positive reviews, such as Toomany22s: "It shoots great." I'm sure if it shot as well / consistent as a Kidd or Feddersen barrel, he failed to mention it. Probably a slight oversight. What say ye Toomany22s? Inquiring minds want to know! :t:D Any other members have one? How does it shoot? :):eek::D AH

#10 ·
I've never tried one on a 10/22 but I do have a Keystone Micro-Groove barrel on my KSA 722 Varmint that shoots really well. Not sure that it shoots as good as my best Kidd and Feddersen barrels yet because I haven't put too many rounds through it yet or tested with any top tier ammo. From what I've seen the KSA 10/22 barrels are on par with GM. You may get a great shooter you may not. If you want guaranteed accuracy I'd stick with something like a Kidd or Feddersen.

#11 ·
Well i dont have a kidd or a Federson. I have gms, and a shilen. The shilen shoots better. And The gm running boar too.. but its no slouch. But all the set ups are different, stocks ,triggers , etc. so its hard to say .

But , like the guy said , it is my favorite to look into:D with a bore light!

Let me put it this way, it always puts a smile on every face!:) And i wouldnt be embarrassed shooting it against any 1022 .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.