Looking for a .17HMR semi auto pistol - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:40 AM
K2unit

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looking for a .17HMR semi auto pistol

I'm looking for something different so I thought a .17HMR semi auto pistol would be a fun next purchase. A quick search and I found these two pistols:
Excel Arms Accelerator Pistol and Volquartsen Cheetah pistol.

Does anybody know of anything else I've missed???
Any experiances with either of these pistols?

I see that the Accelerator pistols are available even on gun broker and they have a rifle version as well! I haven't found a Cheetah available anywhere???
I also heard that the Cheetah is just a Ruger 10/22 magnum rifle cut down to a pistol form.....Right now I'm going with the Accelerator.

http://www.excelarms.com/acceleratorpistol.html

Have I over looked something???
I'm only considering semi-autos not revolvers!
Thanx for any input!

K2

Last edited by K2unit; 05-20-2008 at 03:44 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:33 AM
whiffelball
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You should look into the accelerators before you get one. I have not heard any good, and I have heard much bad. All feeding issues, jams.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:47 PM
timlt

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Ditto. I raised a similar question last year on another forum, and got only bad feedback. Does that mean they are all bad, or that they have not been improved? No, but at least check it out. Raise questions like you did here, heck I'd even call the manufacturer (they're a small company) and see if they could put put you onto any reviews by reputable gun mags, or put you in touch with recent customers via email, who could give you a detailed report.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2008, 03:26 PM
John Watson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The one and only accelerator that I shot was in 22mag. Only had two types of ammo with me and can't remember what the brands were, however, the pistol shot fine with one brand and horrible with the other. Not unlike other rimfire pistols that I have tested.

The pistol was for a customer and he had asked me to try it out first. He only kept it for a little while because he didn't like the fact that it was so big. It sold to a hog hunter immediately and he really likes it. It has never been shot with the 17HMR barrel that it came with so I can't speak to that caliber.

I wish I had kept it longer and tried the 17HMR to see how it fed but didn't want to change out the barrels on a customer's gun.

John
Old 05-21-2008, 08:54 AM
whiffelball

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The reports were that WMR worked better than HMR.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:46 AM
ab4ka

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I wish Ruger would build the Charger in .17HMR...that would be sweet!
Old 05-24-2008, 10:55 AM
mardrobe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I haven't shot one, but was considering it. The manual used to state that only 20 grain ammo should be used.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:06 AM
TheeKillerBee

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It looks like a Browning Buckmark knock off, and like the Buckmark would probably prefer certain types of ammo. Too bad all I've heard are things not so good, but I only know one person that has shot one. I know you don't like the look of the Volquartsen, but it is highly reliable, and will shoot most excellent for you.