Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-29-2020, 01:07 AM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Macenzie's first rifle

Hey Guys as some of you know I have adopted a 11 year old little girl that has been in and out of my home the day after she was born...well everything is done now I have 5 daughters.

Anyway for the last 4 years while Macenzie was living with us every time one of my daughters came home from college we as a family would go out shooting clay games...and the one thing that could not happen was our little love bug could not go with us...until the adoption was done. Every time we would come back home and she would come from a friends house she would always ask when is it her turn. She even asked the day before we went to court for the last time she was not only excite to become a member of my family but she was also excited about going shooting.

I talk and PM with a lot of members here over the years and they are good friends and they know what is going on. One such member's son wanted to help out Macenzie with her first rifle...he very graciously gave up parts of a rifle that he owned and with the help of his father moved to a larger CZ rifle.

I am blown away at the huge gift this young man has given my family I can see that the apple has not fallen to far from the tree. His father helps everybody here all the time and He sent me all the parts I needed to make Macenzie's rifle out of one of my own.

Macenzie does not know about this...it's going to be a Big Surprise for her... I want to lay the ground work...so my RFC family knows what is going on. So here are a few pictures of the parts and the completed rifle...and yes it was my 455 FS in 17hmr used for the other parts and one of my spare scopes.

I am going to post pictures of Macenzie when she first sees her new rifle and the young man who made it all possible. It will be in the next few days. Now as far as the father goes he can now lay claim to fame to finally get Signalman with his first CZ 22 long rifle.

Just a side note: there will be multiple post as things happen here with Macenzie getting her rifle and when she gets to shoot it.

Signalman

UPDATE: Macenzie finally made it home to her big surprise and its all from this young man and his name is Cam Baum Rick Baum's son who made it all happen:

and here is Macenzie right as see pulled the towel off her new rifle:

and the huge smile and she even started to tear up.

Last edited by Signalman; 03-29-2020 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:12 AM
beartrax
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Gift

I think the real gift here may be you opening your heart and home to a child that needed both. Likely you will receive more of life's blessings for your efforts. This CoronaVirus thing reminds me of my mother's family during the 1918 pandemic that killed so many people worldwide. Her family took in two young girls whose parents had died in the flu epidemic and raised them along with 10 of their own. (9 girls and 1 boy). No social services, no paperwork, no questions in the time. She said many times what a wonderful blessing it was having two more sisters. God bless.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:20 AM
JSart

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Signalman, you are blessed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2020, 04:27 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Wonderful...
Old 03-29-2020, 05:18 AM
hickorynut
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Shooters by and large are salt of the earth people, recently I bought a stock from a member who had two stocks for sale, he sent the wrong one, I contacted him and he apologized profusely, assured me that the correct stock would be shipped that day, when it arrived he had included a stainless barrel "for my trouble" Its a barn burner barrel and I tried to pay him but he would have nothing to do with that.
Those who know Signalman1 know that he is such a man, I wish happiness for both of them in the years that follow, may God bless you both.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:29 AM
OldSwede

TPC Rating: 
100% (95)
Outstanding, Signalman. Stay well and safe.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:58 AM
tntmx9

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You are a wonderful person Signalman. I wish you and your family many years of happiness.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:17 AM
JimSC
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for a inspiring story to start the day with. There are still a lot of good people in this country and most of them have a NRA card in their wallet
Old 03-29-2020, 07:45 AM
dbuffington

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Dang it, who started cutting onions in here!?!

Congratulations!
Dave
Old 03-29-2020, 07:56 AM
chilly807

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Great story! I'm looking forward to seeing more of the events to follow.

This reminds me of the story of my brother's youngest son, now living in Philadelphia. His wife's sister had some problems growing up, and ended up dying at a young age. She left behind a young daughter, whom Matt and his wife adopted into their family. She's a blessing to them, from what I hear. I'm sure Macenzie will be a blessing to your family, Signalman.

One .22 LR CZ in the house is going to attract others, soon you'll be overrun.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:17 AM
rjferber
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Signalman - It's just a win, win, win situation all around. God's Blessings to you, Macenzie, and all your family. . .
Old 03-29-2020, 08:34 AM
papatrout65

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Having four daughters of my own you are going to be a very blessed man. This will come back to repay you many times over. God bless you and your family. You are indeed a richer man today.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:34 AM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Awesome job, Dad!

Props to you, Sir!

Looking forward to seeing her reaction...

DrGunner
Old 03-29-2020, 09:05 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSwede View Post
Outstanding, Signalman. Stay well and safe.
Yeah that Todd.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:17 AM
Tar-12

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I never expected to see a Weaver on that build!... Macenzie is very blessed and in more ways than one!