Remington 03-A3 .22 trainer? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-17-2020, 07:25 AM
Herschel
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

The 1922MII and M2 rifles sell for $1,000.00 to $1,500.00. If you want a training version of
he 1903 I suggest you get one of those. The collector value of the 03A3 is diminished by the
aftermarket Lyman front sight and the drilling and tapping that has been done to install the
rear sight. The C stock is a plus as they sell for $300.00 and up for one in that condition. The
installation tool for the barrel liner is no problem. I use a sheet metal shelf mounting bracket, unmodified, to remove and install the liner on a kit I have.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:30 AM
raul1984

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Carbine, stop beating about the bush and BUY it !!!
The price is low, the condition is OK, and the piece w/the Numrich conversion is scarce.I have one and the precision is perfect, besides, if you buy a 30.06 bolt, the triggerguard and the follower, youīll have the gun in 30.06 for very little money.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:26 PM
bangbang
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbine View Post
Thanks for the help everyone, sounds like this one is hard to put a value on, and is basically what it's worth to me, as stated above. Nothing to compare it to on Gunbroker, that's for sure! I don't think it's a Military Trainer like the seller thought....Could not find a singe rifle like that on the web after an hour of searching. Guess that makes it a rare bird, eh?

I'm trying to post a few pics in case anyone is curious, being the first one I've ever seen in decades of gun hunting, but the images post here grossly oversize for some reason.

If you can NOT afford it, then keep on looking. someone said they got one for 500 bucks from one of the auction houses. So keep on looking, hoping, praying, for one to be a give away price. But you cant hem-haw. Then keep in mind how often you come across one - for sale.

chances are you are young and will learn - eventually.

then i aways say .... "easy come, easy go"
Old 03-17-2020, 02:34 PM
Artd
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
If you decide not to buy it, pass on the contact info. I am sure there are several that would jump on it.

Art
Old 03-17-2020, 05:02 PM
BD1023

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a complete Numrich kit with box although the box is a little ratty. I listed it for sale a couple weeks back at $575 shipped----------no bites other than your typical lowball offers. I decided the hell with it I'll just keep it and find myself a 1903 to turn into a dedicated 22lr.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0762 (2).jpg (361.4 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by BD1023; 03-17-2020 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:01 PM
carbine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
If you can NOT afford it, then keep on looking. someone said they got one for 500 bucks from one of the auction houses. So keep on looking, hoping, praying, for one to be a give away price. But you cant hem-haw. Then keep in mind how often you come across one - for sale.

chances are you are young and will learn - eventually.

then i aways say .... "easy come, easy go"
Actually I only wish I were young. I'm over 60 and with retirement looming and no pension coming my way, I'm very careful with my gun purchases. Yes, I can afford to pay for this rifle right now or I wouldn't have considered it, but I'll need to sell it in the coming years and have no desire to own a gun that is not a wise investment at this point in time. I own many gems after collecting for over 40 years and have learned much along the way; the education never ends. Yep, I hem-haw on some like this one, and jump on others that I consider no-brainers.

That said, I've decided I'd rather put that money towards an original Springfield M22, being a dedicated .22, for my collection. Thanks for all the help on this one, I appreciate the expertise. The hunting and the research is most of the fun of this hobby as you know, and I'm happy to share what I've learned to others in turn. What comes around, goes around.

You guys can find this rifle at the Cabela's Rogers, MN store. Phone is 763.493.8625. You'll see the I.D. number on the tag from one of the pics.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:54 PM
A square 10

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
always buy the rifle not the story - do the research and know what you are buying , the traines were those made in the M1922 series

i did once convert an M1903,A4gery with a custom turned tube , as well as a M1903 with a numrich conversion , but i bought an M1922
Old 03-21-2020, 04:10 PM
Baltimoreed11754

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought a 1922 M2 last year after handling a cas buddies 1922M2Griffin and Howell. I love shooting mine. How do the conversion kits do accuracy wise? Equal to a typical .22 sporter? Iíve shot mine a little on paper but enjoy plinking at my small steel on my backyard range a lot better. Interesting thread. My vote for the op would be buy it. I canít imagine you would loose money on it.