Ultimate Build barrel & receiver help - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-05-2020, 09:39 PM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I have shot several 5 shot groups in the .1's with mine. Not hard to get a .2 group. Here was back to back 5 shot groups at 100yds since some say 50yds is to easy. Compare to dime.

Old 03-05-2020, 09:46 PM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
And here was the gun that shot those.

Here was the best I have done with it at 100yds.

Old 03-05-2020, 10:15 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingskeetman View Post
Just because it’s a Kidd doesn’t make it the best despite what people tell you all the time. I just recently completed a new build using a CST receiver and took advantage of their rear tang hold down (standard feature that you can either use provided you put the rear pillar in your stock or removed via standard 10/22 mount to stock up front). I also use their competition bolt with auto hold open feature which is really nice. I was very fortunate to have come across Zeke06 (Chris) on this forum and he makes custom barrels from Green Mountain blanks to your specifications. He made me an 18” from a stainless blank which he then cerakoted to match my black receiver. So far this barrel shoots fabulous. I just had it outside today since the weather finally warmed up and shot it at both 50 and 100yds from a bipod front rest with bag rear. Shooting SK Rifle it shot .27” five shot group at 50 and .65” at 100yds.
Kidd guarantees 1/2” at 50 yds, mine shoots much better than that and I didn’t pay as much for my barrel as I would have for a Kidd barrel. With 10/22 rifle builds it comes down to trial and error to find the best combinations, I’ve had several but for now am quite content with this newest build. Good luck on your build whatever you decide on.
Attachment 208577
Attachment 208579
I don't think anyone said they were the "best". Certainly better than GM. Kidd garauntee's that their barrels will shoot 1/2 or better @50 yards. Not that they'll only shoot that. I have several Kidd barrels and every one of them will shoot groups in the .1's - .2's @50 yards. I tried my luck with a couple GM barrels and I ended up getting rid of them. I know that some of them shoot great, but some don't. I'd rather not take my chances to save a few dollars. You can buy a Kidd barrel for $180. I would think that buying a GM blank and then having it made to your specs would cost more than that. It's not necessarily that Kidd is the be all end all for the 10/22 platform. It's just that they make an excellent product that they stand behind at a very competitive price. I own several Feddersen barrels for the exact same reason.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:39 AM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well said Nick. The Kidd barrels I have for $200 all shoot. That's why I have 5 of them. I would bet money if I bought 5 more, they would shoot with my first 5. And I would also bet every single one would shoot SK Pistol Match with some groups in the .1's to .2's.
Old 03-06-2020, 05:45 AM
Zepher

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
...great shooting!

Huntingskeetman,

Thatís impressive shooting!

I looked at the CST site and itís seems nothing is in stock. So Iím leaning towards a Kidd build. All these custom actions look really nice and each has cool features.

Thanks for all the information...

High Noon