Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-27-2019, 06:12 PM
FALPhil
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
... and I wish I could find this reticle in a good fixed-mag scope.

Not on every rifle of course. Most have a simple duplex reticle but there are a couple with this reticle in a variable-mag scope. I would prefer fixed mag but that appears to be a unicorn hunt.
You are not alone.

There are Trijion ACOGs in 4x32 with a similar reticule, especially in the ECOS line, but I am thinking that is not what you are looking for and ACOGs are spendy. An alternative would be to find your favorite Leupold fixed power scope and send it to Premier Reticles for retro fitting, but you would be close to what an ACOG cost when it is said and done. What I had in mind was an SWFA SS in 10x with that reticule. Alas, it is not to be for the forseeable future.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:15 PM
FALPhil
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbiest View Post
For my 452 I have a 3-12 with AO. For my 10/22 I have a nitrex 3-9 that I reset the parallax to 50 yrds. After putting a green mt barrel on the 10/22 shoots the same as the 452 and I prefer it for squirrel for the follow up shots and simplicity of not messing with the scope. I chose the nitrex for the clarity and brightness in low light which is great for what I spent on it. Big fan of fast focus also on a scope that doesnt have AO just incase its out of focus. AO will do that focusing for you.
Meopta is great glass, too. Euro glass and American assembly. I have an R2 on my CZ550 in 30-06, and it is the best scope at that price point that I own. But, I don't own any Tract scopes. Yet.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:27 PM
Flyguy65
US Army

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
One Mans Opinion

I think in purchasing any scope, there are multiple factors to consider. I think Sophia covered it quite well. I enjoy NRL22 and punching holes in paper so based on that criteria can give you my list of what I look for in a rimfire scope in order of importance.

1) Side Parallax Adjustable - Side adjustment for parallax is easier to access and quicker than Objective Adjustable scopes. I also look to get down to 10 yard parallax adjustable for shooting in NRL22
2) Exposed Turrets with crisp adjustments - Exposed Turrets offer ease of access for adjustments but crisp adjustments means you can count the adjustments vs having to get off the rifle to adjust the scope.
3) Reticle - I love the ease of BDC scopes (Nikon's are great BDC scopes and the Nikon Spot On App is great) but prefer Mildot reticles. The calculations are quick to calculate one you set your mind to using MILs for MOA
4) Magnification - Truly a secondary consideration. 3-9X is fine for most situations but 4-12 or 4-16 allows for more accuracy at longer ranges

Again, this is for Target and Competition shooting. If I was hunting for small game at 100 yards or less, I have several 3-9X Nikon's which are perfect for that purpose.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:29 PM
JGR_LV
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Another "How long is a piece of rope?" question.

It all depends on what you're doing with your rimfire. If you're shooting metallic silhouettes at a variety of ranges out to 100 meters, parallax is important. If you're plinking at cans at 50 yards or less, probably not. If you're hunting squirrels in the woods, a big objective with a lot of lightgathering power is good. If you're mostly punching paper or steel in bright sunlight, it's likely a waste of money.