25 & 50 Yd Offhand Rifle Matches Post all match scores & discussion here ! - Page 397 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:52 PM
STRUGL4X'SC

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinthills View Post
Thankyou, this was my first. I used to shoot 3p, but quit in 2012. What with knee replacement and difficulty getting up out of prone, offhand and benchrest are whats left. I've been dry firing my Martini for a while and hope to get endurance to shoot the 50yd 25 shot match with it soon. It is a handful. I'm happy to see this match being put on.

Rich
Is your martini a 12# international?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2021, 10:21 PM
flinthills
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRUGL4X'SC View Post
Is your martini a 12# international?

No, it is a MKIII i bought in 1963 when I got out of the Navy. I bought all the Al Freeland (he was the distributor) accessorizes, Heavy wooden case, palm rest, forehand stop, and interchangeable hook and prone buttplate. I also have the 50 yd and 100 yd Freeland front sights and a Redfield International rear. But I haven't been able to use irons for some years. I bought a Lyman Supertargetspot 20X in 1967 I still use. It weights 16 lbs with the palm rest etc on it. I can shoot about 15 shots before I get a bit wobbly. Working on that. I did not shoot it for about 4 years and it shows. So I do weights and dry fire most every day. Hard to find a nice day to shoot outside this time of year.
Rich
20200624_180240.jpg
Old 01-13-2021, 11:31 PM
STRUGL4X'SC

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Very nice, and heavy.

Old 01-16-2021, 01:30 AM
Bob4BVM
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Shot a 476-18X today with the scoped 82G.
Felt pretty good but i got tired toward the end
Still thought i might break 480, but with four 8's it was not in the cards.
Should have been better, all the 8s were due to lousy followthru.
I do feel good about the x-count though, my best in a long while., i must've been doing something right- now i just need to do it more often. (after i figure out what it was )
Cheers
Bob
Old 01-16-2021, 01:32 AM
Bob4BVM
US Navy NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
No, it is a MKIII i bought in 1963 when I got out of the Navy. I bought all the Al Freeland (he was the distributor) accessorizes, Heavy wooden case, palm rest, forehand stop, and interchangeable hook and prone buttplate. I also have the 50 yd and 100 yd Freeland front sights and a Redfield International rear. But I haven't been able to use irons for some years. I bought a Lyman Supertargetspot 20X in 1967 I still use. It weights 16 lbs with the palm rest etc on it. I can shoot about 15 shots before I get a bit wobbly. Working on that. I did not shoot it for about 4 years and it shows. So I do weights and dry fire most every day. Hard to find a nice day to shoot outside this time of year.
Rich
Attachment 241663
Hey Flinthills, WELCOME to the match ! Great to have you here.
Thats a sweet classic rifle, thanks for showing it to us !
Cheers
Bob
Old 01-16-2021, 08:36 AM
Signmaster
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Thankyou, this was my first. I used to shoot 3p, but quit in 2012. What with knee replacement and difficulty getting up out of prone, offhand and benchrest are whats left. I've been dry firing my Martini for a while and hope to get endurance to shoot the 50yd 25 shot match with it soon. It is a handful. I'm happy to see this match being put on.
Rich
Good to see more people in the offhand section. Many of the "regulars" as well as yourself in your first entry beat my first score I submitted. But that's ok with me, I'm doing it to improve my game. And some of the regulars here are putting up some awesome scores, even with years of practice behind them. Something to strive for.

That Martini is beautiful, and will be quite the workout to shoot at that weight. But probably worth it. I have an old Remington I want to shoot offhand when I get it sorted out, but it's only twice the weight of my little Rossi.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:39 AM
Signmaster
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob4BVM View Post
Shot a 476-18X today with the scoped 82G.
Felt pretty good but i got tired toward the end
Still thought i might break 480, but with four 8's it was not in the cards.
Should have been better, all the 8s were due to lousy followthru.
I do feel good about the x-count though, my best in a long while., i must've been doing something right- now i just need to do it more often. (after i figure out what it was )
Cheers
Bob
Other Bob,

When I up my game 40-45 points, maybe I can give you some tips to avoid those 8's. Until then, I'm just glad if they aren't 7's.

That is an impressive score regardless of the 8's, and the X count is killing it. Good shooting!
Old 01-16-2021, 07:41 PM
72coupe
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
25 yard iron sight practice 1/16/21
Score: 477-8X
Name: 72coupe/Roy Woodman
Gun: RPRR
Set up: Aperture sights
Ammo: Wolf MT
Individual Target Scores: 97-2X,93-1X, 92-1X, 98-2X,97-2X with four 8s
Notes: Shot 4 targets today, 463-5X, 472-12X, 470-7X with the above target being fired second in the line. I discovered that I had not been shooting with a relaxed left hand that was introducing some shake.
Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hello, I would like to start shooting in these online matches. Where can I find the two A23 bulls on a single sheet of 8.5x11 printer paper that is mentioned in the rules sticky? I used to shoot a lot of offhand local competitions but had to not participate for a couple of years. This is a great way to get back in the habit.
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
Signmaster
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22hound View Post
Hello, I would like to start shooting in these online matches. Where can I find the two A23 bulls on a single sheet of 8.5x11 printer paper that is mentioned in the rules sticky? I used to shoot a lot of offhand local competitions but had to not participate for a couple of years. This is a great way to get back in the habit.
Simply PM Bob4BVM and give him your email address. He'll probably get it to you quick. I haven't had much time to shoot offhand lately, but he's already saved me some paper.

I'm still trying to come to grips with my little Rossi. The thing is so light that if you have a day where you aren't steady, it can mess with your mind. I'm actually considering adding some weight within the stock to give it a little bit more balance and see if that helps some.