Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Capsisking

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank3 View Post
Bump for an update. Btw if you take off all the stuff (besides scope) how much does it weigh?

Can you believe I didn稚 make it to the range?!?!?? The wife surprised me with a rental on the beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert J View Post
Time for another trip to cerakote! Looks great regardless!

Oddly enough I知 going to leave it. I like shooting with my friends, and I知 debating building a slightly more budget friendly version.

If so I値l use this chassis and the cerakoted stock together and buy another chassis to go with the raw stock.

Owner of Lobster Media
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2018, 07:22 AM
Capsisking

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well my long overdue range trip will be slightly easier soon.

My Nanuk 995 came in, and I知 gonna get it set up ASAP.

Owner of Lobster Media
Old 11-08-2018, 12:52 PM
wolfshoon
Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsisking View Post
Well my long overdue range trip will be slightly easier soon.

My Nanuk 995 came in, and I知 gonna get it set up ASAP.

Owner of Lobster Media
Yea, you need to make the cutouts in the foam or all that gear will all collapse together in the case and scratch and ding the hell out of the surfaces during the car trip. Voice of experience, and that would be a shame with all the work you have into it.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Capsisking

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfshoon View Post
Yea, you need to make the cutouts in the foam or all that gear will all collapse together in the case and scratch and ding the hell out of the surfaces during the car trip. Voice of experience, and that would be a shame with all the work you have into it.

I知 building a hot wire foam cutter right now so I can do it properly.

Owner of Lobster Media
Old 11-08-2018, 10:00 PM
Capsisking

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think I have final fitment with only a few small adjustments needed. Input?

The yellow thing holds a brick of ammo.
My F Class from Atlas is under the Cole-Tac bag.
My F Class from ARS is the silver thing (legs are removed).
Black box is a torque wrench with every bit needed to take this rifle completely apart.
The black thing under the trigger is a speed loader, and mags will go over it in the same space.

Owner of Lobster Media
Old 11-09-2018, 03:43 AM
wolfshoon
Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Somebody actually put the rifle layout in the right direction the first time

Swap the black box or magazines with the brick of ammo, get as much weight as close the hinge as you can. This will also help with the balance as you have the CG of the rifle off center from the handle. Keep the heavy stuff from migrating towards the rifle and scratching it up by putting it underneath the rifle in the carrying position. Rifle should be on top of everything with scope up when you close the case and grab the handles. Purpose of this exercise is to protect the rifle, carrying anything else is a bonus secondary objective.

Since you got the right tool to properly cut foam without heartache, this will be much easier to do. Once you are happy with your layout, mark it with a sharpie approximately 1/8" smaller than the objects on all sides, this creates a tight fit that retains your stored items. USE some quarters and put a few half circle cutouts along the lines so you can fit your fingers past the foam to pull out items. Use a strong overhead light to cast shadow for easier tracing with the sharpie pen.

An electric 2 oscillating blades kitchen carving knife works well to make fine adjustment cuts after the hot wire has done it's job. You may or may not want to "V" angle cut some of the cut-outs to make it easier to insert and remove items, but straight cuts usually work pretty well.

For the block box and F class bipod you may want to make them sit vertically and cut 2 layers/pieces of foam in a narrow slit to save layout space.

Last edited by wolfshoon; 11-09-2018 at 03:46 AM.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:48 AM
Capsisking

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfshoon View Post
Somebody actually put the rifle layout in the right direction the first time

Swap the black box or magazines with the brick of ammo, get as much weight as close the hinge as you can. This will also help with the balance as you have the CG of the rifle off center from the handle. Keep the heavy stuff from migrating towards the rifle and scratching it up by putting it underneath the rifle in the carrying position. Rifle should be on top of everything with scope up when you close the case and grab the handles. Purpose of this exercise is to protect the rifle, carrying anything else is a bonus secondary objective.

Since you got the right tool to properly cut foam without heartache, this will be much easier to do. Once you are happy with your layout, mark it with a sharpie approximately 1/8" smaller than the objects on all sides, this creates a tight fit that retains your stored items. USE some quarters and put a few half circle cutouts along the lines so you can fit your fingers past the foam to pull out items. Use a strong overhead light to cast shadow for easier tracing with the sharpie pen.

An electric 2 oscillating blades kitchen carving knife works well to make fine adjustment cuts after the hot wire has done it's job. You may or may not want to "V" angle cut some of the cut-outs to make it easier to insert and remove items, but straight cuts usually work pretty well.

For the block box and F class bipod you may want to make them sit vertically and cut 2 layers/pieces of foam in a narrow slit to save layout space.

**** if all of that isn稚 genius.

Owner of Lobster Media
Old 11-14-2018, 02:02 PM
Capsisking

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I swear I知 going to shoot these groups and cut this foam.... one day

But one of my friends got a shot of my rifle this weekend at a demo event.

Owner of Lobster Media
Old 11-21-2018, 12:07 PM
Desert J
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsisking View Post
I swear I知 going to shoot these groups
Saw on instagram that the range trip didnt go as well as you would have liked, wondering if you could tell us about the trigger issues you were having?
Old 11-21-2018, 12:09 PM
Capsisking

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert J View Post
Saw on instagram that the range trip didnt go as well as you would have liked, wondering if you could tell us about the trigger issues you were having?

Y誕ll are quick

Short version;

It fires but doesn稚 reset. I have to manually push the trigger forward. Now that could absolutely be a problem with the trigger (I haven稚 been impressed overall), but I知 willing to venture that means this thing is so filthy from demo痴 that it痴 in desperate need of a ultrasonic dip.

Owner of Lobster Media
Old 01-13-2021, 06:08 PM
OrsonHumphrey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Groups? Hows she shoot??