My Tikka T1x journey - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:36 PM
Dkass

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Tikka T1x journey

This,https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GBE...ew?usp=sharing, links to an article I wrote documenting my journey with a Tikka T1x .22LR.
I posted it on Tikka's Facebook page, but they removed it very quickly. Apparently they don't like people telling the truth about their product.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:16 PM
Shooter92

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For 500 US dollars you get a rifle that shoots like something that costs three times as much. Enough said

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2021, 08:37 AM
Allen in MT
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
My Tikka T1X out shoots my CZ 455 and Bergra BXR. Onr of the best shooting 22's I've owned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2021, 10:47 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sick first post... :rollseyes:
Old 01-08-2021, 11:19 AM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Your link does not open. Apparently the internet does not like you either. Frankly, if a T1x doesn't shoot, the first thing I would check is the trigger nut. I have two T1x rifles...a .22LR and a .17HMR. Both shoot lights out. My Anschutz 1710HB just barely outshoots the .22LR and it cost 4 times as much. The triggers are absolutely amazing for the price point of the rifle, and the barrels are made on the same equipment as the Sako barrels.

Edit: The link finally opened. It looks like you made a lot of modifications to the rifle before you even bothered shooting it. Meanwhile folks with bone-stock rifles are getting great results. Perhaps we have isolated the variable?

Last edited by Mike_AK; 01-08-2021 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-08-2021, 11:28 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkass View Post
This,https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GBE...ew?usp=sharing, links to an article I wrote documenting my journey with a Tikka T1x .22LR.
I posted it on Tikka's Facebook page, but they removed it very quickly. Apparently they don't like people telling the truth about their product.
You certainly put a lot of effort into the rifle, I'll give you that.
Old 01-08-2021, 11:10 PM
Dkass

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow guys ... great responses. I now have an inkling of why these manufacturers produce the junk they do. That you accept it, and praise it as quality, is an indication of your inexperience.
Problem is, by doing that you are giving them your tacit approval ... they have no need to lift their game. Not to worry, I will withdraw the article. Far be it for me to offend your precious little sensibilities by suggesting that your shiny new toys are perhaps not quite as shiny as you believe.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:12 AM
Yougi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am an aerospace quality inspector and have also being a machinist. Even if i consider tikka’s quality product compare to most other brands, I certainly don’t consider them refined. I have certainly not bore scope inspected my rifles but could easily find some lack of proper deburring and polishing.

That is the result of cutting in manufacturing and design cost to be able to reach target price. 500$ US is no more the same value as in the 70’s , 80’s and even 90’s.

However, manufacturing process and material quality control have greatly improved since, so consistency (both in good or bad) can be better achived.

To me, the quality of tikka is not in the refinement precisely in the simplicity. Precision is not the best, for sure, not to my test also. But i would not set on an other brand.

I only think that most of people, like me, take another path to reach this ultimate. Starting with munition testing. And my groups of .500 might feels to me the same as you .250, since i am far to be a good shooter has you are.

Even if i have all the knowledge and ressources to modify my tikka’s, this will be my last option.

I really appreciate to read all your work. Would i have done the same in the same order, absolutely not.
Good job.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2021, 11:25 AM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Show me the evidence to back up the claims. I am not seeing any lack of quality. Once you have done that, show me a better rifle under $500.
Old 01-09-2021, 04:37 PM

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustnF View Post
Sick first post... :rollseyes:
I expect he joined RFC just to carry out a campaign. We'll see if he sticks around and contributes or if this is just one of many drive-by stops around the 'net.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:35 PM
MandoMan
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Experience

My T1X will group 0.5 moa at 100 yards. Not bad for an under $500 rifle. The folks I shoot against have more invested in their scopes than I have in the whole setup I shoot. Sure they usually beat me but getting a one hole group just doesn’t justify the expense.

So, I can’t speak to other’s experience but I am a happy camper.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:37 AM
cznut

TPC Rating: 
100% (108)
I have owned 4 Tikka T1X rifles in 22, the first one I got had an accuracy issue, chamber has smeared lands, but in all fairness, I have numerous other rifles with the same issue, as far as the next 3, they all shot amazing with one of them being one of the most accurate factory rifles I have ever owned. They are a great rifle for 500 bucks, and when you outshoot rifles costing twice as much, that has to mean something.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:40 AM
cznut

TPC Rating: 
100% (108)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkass View Post
When your talking about factory rifles, this will happen, I dont know if you sent it back or not but they would have taken care of it I am sure.