Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Old .22 Rimfire Box

418K views 2K replies 312 participants last post by  Collects 
#1 · (Edited)

See less See more
#56 ·
I'm fortunate enough to still have 20+ boxes of this ammo left. It shoots like Eley Tenex thru my Lilja barrels on 2 rifles.
Wish I could find a case of it. :rolleyes:

...http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb143/GREEN607/MarkIIISuperMatch
.jpg
We musta been shopping at same store, different weekend.

#25 ·
makeing me feel bad

pretty much grew up around a gun club as a kid. Seeing those boxes makes me sick now. everyone knew me there So all the old guys would toss me boxes of 22. And most of them were WWII vets so you know it was some old stuff. My dumb youth. Just glad I dont know how much they all were worth.

#1,779 ·
makeing me feel bad

pretty much grew up around a gun club as a kid. Seeing those boxes makes me sick now. everyone knew me there So all the old guys would toss me boxes of 22. And most of them were WWII vets so you know it was some old stuff. My dumb youth. Just glad I dont know how much they all were worth.
Ditto. It's interesting seeing a lot of these pictures. I think I've had and shot most of these at some time in my early teens. I used to buy from a guy in an old building who had a lot of new/old stock and I'd buy them, sometimes he'd split a box or sell me 5 or 10 at a time if that's all I could afford (shotgun shells, also). It's kinda like old cars. We did not know or have any idea that the 63 Plymouth Stage 3, the 67 Chevelle SS396, the 68 Charger, etc. would be worth so much money today.