Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Have they fixed the off center rifling and chatter on the TX 22 Barrel?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  copfish 
#1 ·
I am interested in buying the Taurus TX22 as a training gun, but have been waiting due to the reports of off center rifling, chattering in the barrels and leading.

Has anyone recently purchased a new TX22 and checked the barrel? And if the barrel looks good, what is the prefix of the serial number so that I can buy a newer pistol and not from an older lot. Thanks.

#2 ·
I bought one when they first came out and have had zero issues with it shooting with a suppressor and without. I don't have the gun handy to check serial prefix, but it was right when they first came out.

I took mine apart to check out how the slide was built. Lots of plastic, but it works fine even after being completely taken apart and put back together. Time will tell how long the pistol will last with that many plastic parts in the slide though.

Keep in mind they are not built like a Ruger SR22. Barrel is thinner and like I said more plastic, but fun to shoot and a magazine that holds 16 rounds. What's not to like?

#3 ·
Mine's an early one too... No issues, but a shooting buddy got one and it leaded up bad, so the LGS replaced it and that one too is having leading issues. Taurus is sending him a new barrel when they get them back in stock... Sure love mine, shoots well and accurate for a plinker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.