2019 Shawnee Squirrel Hunt - Page 18 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-24-2019, 12:15 AM
SARGE
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)

Got home Monday evening about 8:30. I had a great time as usual. I look so forward to this each year to see old friends and meet new ones. Was really glad that an old friend Bruce (12String) was there all the way from Virginia. I think he really enjoyed it. David's new name is Lucky! He won a really nice rifle with scope, ammo and also won the iron sights contest with all those prizes. The iron sight contest resulted in a 3 way tie among Fun 175, Paul, and David. In a flip coin elimination, David won. "LUCKY"!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2019, 12:20 AM
patience0830
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
A great time was had by all. Some wisdom gained by a few. Great to see all the regulars as well as the new guys.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:57 AM
22rfnut

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
huntschool, I use to own an archery shop in Carterville that you visited quite offten.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:10 PM
SARGE
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
22rfnut, I met huntschool at shawnee. He's old and I imagine he can't remember much. Poor old feller; his wife had to lead him to where they were parked.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:21 PM
22rfnut

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARGE View Post
22rfnut, I met huntschool at shawnee. He's old and I imagine he can't remember much. Poor old feller; his wife had to lead him to where they were parked.
Sarge, I don't think that is the first time she had to show him to the truck. You didn't let he into the spirits did you? I have seen the time when he and I both had to have help finding where we parked and it wasn't becouse we were old.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:24 PM
patience0830
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22rfnut View Post
Sarge, I don't think that is the first time she had to show him to the truck. You didn't let he into the spirits did you? I have seen the time when he and I both had to have help finding where we parked and it wasn't becouse we were old.
Spirits? What spirits?
Old 09-24-2019, 04:54 PM
Crow Feather
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reb henderson View Post
It was good as always. Crow and Keeper, we really missed yall. Both of your names were taken in vain several times.
Crow, I think I may have perfected another Shawnee Olympic event to go along with the double backflip glissade. It consists of going in a tent, stealing your buddies immaculate $1000+ dollar Kimber, tripping over the guide ropes on the run, ripping another friends tent fly, doing a half twist spin, landing on your back and shoulder in the gravel while making dam sure the rifle is held up and never gettin a scratch or knocking the scope out of alignment. I think we can shorten the name to the dumbarse glissade.
By the way you have seen that Kimber many, many times.
Didn't take much creativity to come up with an appropriate name for that one, did it, Reb?
Crow Feather
Old 09-24-2019, 04:57 PM
Crow Feather

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
We were definitely impressed with the style and grace displayed, Reb. Especially when you gifted Bolt that 511 Remington. Coulda knocked him over with a feather. Well done, my Friend. Well done.
Reb, I have to give you credit for that one, bud. That was a class act. Bolt called me and told me about it and he was very moved by it. Well done, friend.
Crow Feather
Old 09-24-2019, 05:00 PM
Crow Feather

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc243 View Post
It was great to see everyone again, I'm already looking forward to next year. Thanks to all the great cooks that made the Saturday night jamboree a real feast and thanks to all the musicians that entertained us, I regret having to step away, but friends and business called. Thanks to Dan Waite for hauling some of my stuff down for me. Thanks to Frank Buck for enduring the 400 mile round trip scooter ride. Thanks to Reb for stealing my Kimber, and saving it from his fall making his get away. Above all thanks to all my friends that showed up, just to let me know how fortunate I am to be able to hang with such and elite crew!!!
Gotta give ol' Reb credit and thanks for the Kimber Dance. I'm pretty sure he did it just for me and if he had made a clean escape I would be holding that Kimber again in a few days.
Crow Feather
Old 09-24-2019, 05:05 PM
Crow Feather

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
A great time was had by all. Some wisdom gained by a few. Great to see all the regulars as well as the new guys.
In all sincerity, Patience0830, do you think ol' Reb came away any smarter? And if so, do you think it will stick?
Crow Feather
Old 09-24-2019, 05:09 PM
Crow Feather

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pavilion

Looks like they built a nice pavilion for the Saturday Night Musican. I wonder if Ranger Angela Rose had anything to do with that? Wouldn't surprise me, she's a good'un.
Crow Feather
Old 09-24-2019, 05:30 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
I was honored to be a first time attendee this year. My chaperones, Guther, Vertfish and Tgilmer had their hands full trying to make a tree rat shooter out of a ground squirrel shooter. I'm gettin' it but I fear several more lessons and intense one-on-one laboratory time maybe required. In any case, I appreciate their patience and willingness to share their expertise.
I want to thank everyone that introduced themselves and visited awhile. A few even mentioned that they'd read some of my posts on the Kimber forum which is heartening as I thought that I was the only one that read them. It really was great to be welcomed and I especially think it's cool that RFC has played such a role in fostering the ongoing success of the group.
I witnessed the Great Shawnee Squirrel Hunt Gun and Knife Giveaway and am blown away by the generosity of the sponsors. As many of you were there may have noticed, many of us that attended are approaching "older/ancient" status and if we are to keep our shooting and hunting sports alive and viable, there needs to be more younger shooters joining our ranks. The following stepped up and generously created a great event to attract what will be our sport's future:
Guther, who donated a Savage Mark II rifle, an extra mag and a jar of ammo,
GlockR-1980, who provided a Center Point 4-16 scope and rings,
VertFish, supplier of a John Deere Case Trapper Lock Knife, MTM Ammo
Wallet and a rifle sling,
gmd1950, contributor of a brick of 500 rds of Geco Ammo.
This is a very significant package and when I visited with David, the winner, he proudly told me that used it on Sunday to harvest a squirrel. How could it be any better? Thank you to all of them!
I hope that others can step up to make this an annual tradition, both by supplying donated items and by encouraging minor shooters to attend and participate.
You all have created a great group in the best traditions of American hunting. I was proud to be a minor part of that.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:47 PM
Tgilmer

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Shawnee

I'd like to also thank everyone envolved in putting this event togather. I had a great time again. It's amazing to see such a diverse group so accepting of strangers. So eager to just make friends and have a good time. I would especially like to thank Mike, Danny, and John for their friendship and conversations. Untill next year be safe and happy my friends.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:17 PM
JAMES WHITTEN

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun175 View Post
Home safely... had a great time,, sure hope to make 2020!
Wonderful seeing young David awarded with the IronSight awards!
My friend Smitty,hasn't hunted the treerats much, but was
talking of attending next year, .22 in hand! He felt right at home
at Pinehills!!

Attachment 192765

Attachment 192767

Attachment 192769

Attachment 192771
It's been a long time since I hunted it, but isn't that a ginseng plant in the picture?
James
Old 09-24-2019, 06:53 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow Feather View Post
Didn't take much creativity to come up with an appropriate name for that one, did it, Reb?
Crow Feather
No sir, it didnt.