Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Tech Sights

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  CraigC 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking of removing the scope on my Tapco 10/22 and going with the Tech Sights. I've never done any real gunsmithing so I'm wondering about removing the front sight. How difficult is it? And how does the rear Tech Sight mount? Happy with your Tech Sights? Any info is appreciated. A picture or 2 would be great also.

#2 ·
Front sight taps out left to right. Same for the rear. Some come out easily, some don't. On difficult ones I just use a little penetrating oil and let soak overnight and then it usually taps out easily enough. I have Tech-Sights on two 10/22s and like them a lot. Lots of info here on RFC if you do a search.

#10 ·
Maybe a dumb question, but what do you mean by left to right?

I was wondering about if the sights would work on the straight stock. I emailed Tec Sights and they responded that they work on all Tapco's. I will have to get this confirmed as I really don't like the angled stock.

#13 ·
Actually i lied to you. They tap out right to left.
You had it right the first time.

Maybe a dumb question, but what do you mean by left to right?
The front sight is attached to the barrel via a dovetail slot. It slides in and out of the slot laterally. If you shoulder the weapon, the front sight must be drifted out of its dovetail slot from left to right. They're tapered. This is best done with a mallet and brass drift punch but a steel punch will work if you don't plan to reuse the front sight.

The Tech Sights will not work with the straight buttstock tube. The angled tube must be used with any open sight setup.

#18 ·
What distance are most of you zeroing the tech sights at? Second which aperture are you using? The T100 has 2 different apertures one marked 0-2 and the other unmarked. I know one is suposed to be a close zero then flip up the other and its set for another disatnce just not sure what the distances are. Just mounted mine and love them so far. Easy to mount and I'm no gunsmith.

#19 ·
I know this thread is a little bit old so please forgive me if bringing it back is bad karma.

I've pretty much decided on the tech sights for my 10/22 project. My question is which one to get? TSR100 or the TSR200. I like the idea of dual apertures on the 100 but being able to adjust elevation on the rear sight on the 200 also sounds good.

I should mention that I'd like to bring this build to an Appleseed event. After that, most of my shooting will be in the 50 to 100 yard range.

Thanks,

Spike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.