Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-17-2020, 01:04 PM
Jeffb1062

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First range day

I have the Tippmann M4-22 pistol pro with red dot sight After cleaning and lubing Ran 75 rounds of Aguila super extra 38 grain, had 3 FTF and it jam between the bolt and the barrel and bent the round between the lead bullet and the casing. Any one have these issues any ideas to solve this
Thanks
Jeff
Old 06-18-2020, 06:55 AM
Tippmann-Arms
RFC Sponsor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi Jeff,

The FTF is typically an ammo related event. Try different ammo. If you notice light strikes then that could be a firing pin or bolt issue and we would want the gun sent in for service.

The nose-up jam you describe could be a few different scenarios. The most common cause is how you load the magazine. If some or all of the bullet tips are pointing to one side of the magazine and not alternating back and forth that will cause the rounds to flip up to a nose-up jam. Keep the magazine vertical when loading and pull down on the follower just enough to load the round and then let up on the follower and repeat. Here's a video link that shows the loading process - https://youtu.be/8I93KP1_gyA

Another cause is the bolt. If there is debris (carbon) or a burr on the face where the round sits, that could cause the round to nose-up jam. If the bolt face is out of spec it could also cause the jam. If that's the case we would want to gun sent in for service.

If the barrel chamber is rough or tight this could also be the cause. You can check this by removing the upper from the lower and sliding a round in and out of the barrel chamber. It should feel smooth. If it isn't then we would want the gun to come in for service.

We have a warranty form on our website that can be filled out. This form is sent directly to our service department for review. A service tech will contact you with further instructions. Here's the link to that form - http://www.tippmannarms.com/warranty-claim-form/

I hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything else you need. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2020, 04:55 PM
Jeffb1062

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks I’ll check out the video I was doing the spring correctly but I don’t think I had it vertical and I was trying to all the runs straight now I know it’s designed for the rounds to look not inline I’ll try it again.someone here said it could be the hollow point bullets I was using. Also I figured it needs rounds to break in, if I need to I’ll send it back...ups? Never sent a firearm before
Thanks again
Jeff

Last edited by Jeffb1062; 06-18-2020 at 05:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2020, 06:28 AM
Tippmann-Arms
RFC Sponsor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Round tips always feed better, but it was probably the way you loaded the magazine causing the issue. UPS is the way to ship.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:12 PM
timbertree

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This thread is very encouraging to me. I had not heard of Tippmann Arms until about a month ago. After doing a lot of reading, I ordered a couple of rifles, one for me and one for my son. It is very reassuring to know, in the unlikely event of a problem, someone from Tippmann Arms is available here to answer my questions. Now, those rifles need to hurry up and get here!