Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-27-2020, 05:12 PM
Watsky
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I have a couple of 22 rifles with threaded barrels .
Both are CZ's. A semi auto 512 carbine which came threaded with the American threads and a 455 bolt action that has the European threads , so I use an adaptor on that one.
Both are very accurate. I am shooting targets at about 60 yards with a scope and its going very nicely.
As far as noise goes. They are both quiet. I'm sure the bolt action is a bit quieter, but the 512 is quiet enough that I don't feel it annoys the neighbors.
Either one does the job. Both quite accurate.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:06 PM
T0rtuga
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by atespo View Post
I was doing a little more research and found out that bolt action 22ís will be quieter than a semi auto due to the noise of the semi action so I may be looking for a bolt action instead.
Or just make/buy a bolt lock for an auto and have options. I think I paid $10 on eBay for this one. I glued a magnet to the storage area in the butt to keep in when not in use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01ae3ce0ab2acef278aff7a2afcb40904a3718470d.jpg (400.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-03-2020, 04:38 PM
StevieNH

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have two CZ512s, one Carbine and the other American. Both are .22lr and have threaded barrels. The Carbine was a steal at under $300 NIB. They are both pretty much stock, except for scopes, of course, and adding the suppressor doesn't seem to affect POI on either one. With the can, the Carbine makes a neater package, IMO.