Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-21-2020, 04:56 PM
Dairyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New member, Tikka T1X .22 on the way

While I'm a new member here I'm no beginner to shooting. Been shooting since I was a kid. Last 5 years I've gotten into PCP air rifles and have had an amazing time with those. Best thing for shooting birds on our dairy and I was big into shooting them with shotguns in my teens. No comparison on efficiency. Advancements on them in that time has been crazy with airguns shooting bullets. I've been on the hunt for a good one but decided it was getting to expensive and time to get a nice rimfire. Was torn between the CZ 457 Pro Varmint and the TX1. After reading through alot of reviews and the fact that the pro Varmint are all out of stock most places unless you want to pay way too much decided the TX1 was the way to go. Ordered the vertical grip and rubber butt pad from Beretta, the picatiny rail from DIP and then a few boxes of SK+, SK Match Rifle, and Norma Match bullets. Have CCI and Federal I can try also. Gun will be topped with a SWFA 10x42 which I've come to love on my airguns. Great for 50yds and further shooting. Main uses will be against the sage rat population in our fields. Trigger sounds like can be adjusted to 1.5lbs which is where I like mine. Anything else I should know? Other ammo choices to try? Besides the really expensive stuff like Center-X of course.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:23 PM
drover
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Mine absolutely loves CCI Std Vel, higher price ammo will shoot a bit tighter but on a "bang for the buck" basis the CCI S/V is hard to beat. At 50 yds it will shoot 5 shot groups inside one-half inch. The various S&K ammo shoots a bit tighter but it also cost at least twice as much.

drover
Old 05-21-2020, 06:44 PM
MarkS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wolf Match Target and Match Extra made by Eley, as ammo a Eley Target and club.
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2020, 07:14 PM
Shooter92

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cci sv 50yd t1x 5 shots per group

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2020, 07:46 AM
DRAGON64

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairyboy View Post
While I'm a new member here I'm no beginner to shooting. Been shooting since I was a kid. Last 5 years I've gotten into PCP air rifles and have had an amazing time with those. Best thing for shooting birds on our dairy and I was big into shooting them with shotguns in my teens. No comparison on efficiency. Advancements on them in that time has been crazy with airguns shooting bullets. I've been on the hunt for a good one but decided it was getting to expensive and time to get a nice rimfire. Was torn between the CZ 457 Pro Varmint and the TX1. After reading through alot of reviews and the fact that the pro Varmint are all out of stock most places unless you want to pay way too much decided the TX1 was the way to go. Ordered the vertical grip and rubber butt pad from Beretta, the picatiny rail from DIP and then a few boxes of SK+, SK Match Rifle, and Norma Match bullets. Have CCI and Federal I can try also. Gun will be topped with a SWFA 10x42 which I've come to love on my airguns. Great for 50yds and further shooting. Main uses will be against the sage rat population in our fields. Trigger sounds like can be adjusted to 1.5lbs which is where I like mine. Anything else I should know? Other ammo choices to try? Besides the really expensive stuff like Center-X of course.
I remember you from the GTA forums... you and I really liked the Benjamin Marauder platforms for a while.

I have a Tikka T1X and love it! Mine is currently sitting in a Bell & Carlson Target/Competition stock, has a DIP 20moa rail, topped with an SWFA 3-15X42 FFP scope. Favorite ammo is SK Rifle Match. The last 2 upgrades I made was replacing the stock bolt handle with a Sterk swept back ball bolt handle and replacing the bottom plastic trigger guard with a machined aluminum bottom metal. I want to say the bottom metal came from Mountain Tactical.

Here is a thread I started showing the B&C Target/Competiton stock made for the T1X:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1178849
Old 05-22-2020, 08:53 AM
Dairyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good deal! I'll be trying those CCI SV for sure. But I do know from the airgun world that all barrels are different so gotta try a few different ones to see what your barrel favors.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:00 AM
Dairyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON64 View Post

I remember you from the GTA forums... you and I really liked the Benjamin Marauder platforms for a while.

I have a Tikka T1X and love it! Mine is currently sitting in a Bell & Carlson Target/Competition stock, has a DIP 20moa rail, topped with an SWFA 3-15X42 FFP scope. Favorite ammo is SK Rifle Match. The last 2 upgrades I made was replacing the stock bolt handle with a Sterk swept back ball bolt handle and replacing the bottom plastic trigger guard with a machined aluminum bottom metal. I want to say the bottom metal came from Mountain Tactical.

Here is a thread I started showing the B&C Target/Competiton stock made for the T1X:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1178849
Oh yeah man! Great to see a familiar face! You've had some really nice Mrod builds. I moved on from them and now my only PCP is a Taipan Veteran Long .22 with the CZ barrel. Absolute tack driver.

That's a great looking T1X! I do like that stock. Im debating on what I want to do stock wise. I think with the pistol grip, butt pad and also forgot I ordered the Victor Co universal cheek riser, that it should fit me very well. Also as mainly a hunter I like the synthetic stock. But man looking at that stock and the Bravo chassis it definitely makes me want one in the future! Also will likely get bolt handle in the future but do want to shoot it as is first and see how I like it before I go overboard. But yeah gun, accessories, and ammo ordered and I'm only half way what it costs for my Taipan alone. I'm starting to enjoy this lol.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:09 AM
62Ranger13
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
While I'm a new member here I'm no beginner to shooting.
Welcome to RFC! Enjoy your T1X. Looking forward to your range/ field reports.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:07 PM
Dairyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62Ranger13 View Post
Quote:
While I'm a new member here I'm no beginner to shooting.
Welcome to RFC! Enjoy your T1X. Looking forward to your range/ field reports.
Thanks! Really looking forward to it.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:14 PM
Dairyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Do gotta say this Tikka does have alot to live up to. This is what my airgun can do at 50yds both 5 shot groups. One with 18gr pellets and other with 17.5gr NSA slugs.

Old 05-23-2020, 06:06 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
Here's a hundred yard group I shot last week with my Tikka. I think your rifle will have no problem with the "live up to" part. . .

Old 05-23-2020, 12:55 PM
Shooter92

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
100 yards with the tikka shooting sk flatnose basic the squares are 1 inch

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Shooter92; 05-23-2020 at 12:58 PM.