Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:37 PM
BeachGun
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New 452FS on the way

After a week of beating my head against the wall trying to figure out which rifle I wanted, I finally settled on a CZ 452FS. Should be here mid week.

I have zero experience with the .22WMR. I have several 22 LR pistols and wanted something a little different, so I ordered the WMR. Any FS owners willing to share some ammo preferences?
Old 10-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Mossbergman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Hollow log along the Susquehanna River, Dauphin County Pa.
TPC Rating: 
88% (7)
I don't have a FS in the WMR ,but do have a few WMR rifles in Marlin 7 mossberg and mine like the win 40 gr. the WMR is a different caliber all together and can be very picky on ammo .You'll have to buy and experiment. good choice one FS ,Beautiful rifles ~~JMJ~~
Old 10-17-2010, 06:21 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
I've only shot mine with Iron sights at 50 yards but it did pretty well with everything I tried, especially the newer Vmax bulleted loads. Every rifle is a law unto its self.
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2010, 06:55 AM
Trapdog

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Red face .22 wmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachGun View Post
After a week of beating my head against the wall trying to figure out which rifle I wanted, I finally settled on a CZ 452FS. Should be here mid week.

I have zero experience with the .22WMR. I have several 22 LR pistols and wanted something a little different, so I ordered the WMR. Any FS owners willing to share some ammo preferences?
For what it is worth my Rem 597 was picky. I ended up getting a rim thickness gage. In the end it liked Win. Super-X @ .0455.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:23 AM
9 fingers

TPC Rating: 
100% (37)
I have 3 WMR bolt guns (and one lever) and all the bolt guns prefer the 30 gr Hornady VMAX ammo. The CZ shoots easy 1/2" at 50 yards and sub 1" at 100. It also happens to be the cheapest! When does that happen? Mid South Shooters sells it for $9.25 a box and if they do not have it in stock they will backorder it for you. The CCI Maxi Mag +V is a close 2nd. Winchester Supreme was 3rd but the most expensive. CCI 40 GR Maxi Mag 4th and not bad but clearly out performed by the Hornady. I only buy the Hornady now as these results were the same in CZ, Savage and Zastava. Yours may be different but this is what I have found. Great choice in the FS WMR. I have been thinking of adding one to the collection but I need it like another hole in my head. Pictures when yours arrives!
9 fingers
Old 10-17-2010, 05:08 PM
timberbeast

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Mine shoots 1.25 to 1.5 inch groups with Remington V-max(33 gr) and Hornady V-max (30 gr).
I use a 1.75-5x20 scope. May you get good wood, and lots of it!

Old 10-17-2010, 11:44 PM
BeachGun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberbeast63 View Post
Mine shoots 1.25 to 1.5 inch groups with Remington V-max(33 gr) and Hornady V-max (30 gr).
I use a 1.75-5x20 scope. May you get good wood, and lots of it!

She's a beaut!
Old 10-18-2010, 12:10 AM
~ Rimfire ~

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BeachGun,

I don't have an FS but I do have an American WMR. My American is a shooter no question about it! Pick up a box of Remington Premier's (33gr. VMAX) as those shoot very well in most rifles and my CZ prefers them.

~ Rimfire ~