Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:02 PM
Frank3

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
TandemKross Victory trigger review

Take this for what it is. Sample size of 1.

Decided to buy a Tandemkross victory trigger (~50.00) to test it with my Kidd trigger kit (~100.00). I like the kidd kit but wold love a flat faces trigger and a longer reach.

Figured for 50 bucks why not. Email TK and they were honest and said they didn’t know if it would work and if it wouldn’t they would take it back.

Got the trigger and tried to install it. Problem was the trigger was too narrow for the sear etc... tried stoning the Kidd kit a little to get it to fit. One I got it to fit it still wouldn’t work. The angles inside the trigger wouldn’t allow the Kidd parts to reset.

Anywho I loved the feel of the trigger (reach, texture, and flat face) so I decided to get a new trigger assembly and the hammer and sear to go with it and have brimstone install it. Fast turn around by Brimstone and Dave said it’s under 2 pounds.

Now that I have it installed and been dryfiring it here are my thoughts.

1. Trigger shoe angle, reach, feel, etc... are perfect for me

2. Weight is very close to my Kidd kit ... maybe slightly lighter or it might be due to the leverage the flat face give you.

3. The biggest issues I have now are the initial take up and the “wall” before the break. What I mean is that it is hard to tell the difference between the take up and the “wall”. I don’t get this issue with the short reset because it is at the wall on the reset.

Overall this trigger is going to stay in the gun for a while. For me it is as good or better hunting trigger and rapid fire/plinking trigger as the Kidd.

For target shooting/paper punching ...... the jury is out.... if there was no take up or a better “wall” it would be a slam dunk.

I am going to keep an open mind and shoot it at the range and in matches for the next while.

Final thoughts

Is it better than the Kidd kit?.... I don’t know.....it will come down to preferences. If you don’t want/need a flat face trigger like the victory, I can’t imagine spending the extra 20-30 bucks over the Kidd kit.

If you want those things then the trigger seems to be pretty close to equal the Kidd but with some differences.

Now pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2019, 07:33 AM
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
is this set up to be a replacement trigger for a KIDD kit, or are you messing up the geometry of the KIDD parts?

or are you using it with brimstone modded factory parts?

Last edited by crackedcornish; 08-15-2019 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:27 AM
Frank3

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Sorry if I was not clear in my original post.

You can buy just the trigger itself which will drop in with OEM parts. Or you can buy a trigger kit to drop in to your trigger housing using a few of the OEM parts.

I ended up buying just the trigger at first to see if it would work with the KIDD trigger kit that I already had but it would not. So then I purchased the rest of the parts as well as a spare trigger group from brimstone and had that all installed together.

So what I have currently are to complete trigger groups in polymer Housings which gives me an apples to apples comparison between the KIDD trigger kit and the TK trigger kit.

Kidd is about 30.00 bucks cheaper

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 09:19 AM
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank3 View Post
Sorry if I was not clear in my original post.

You can buy just the trigger itself which will drop in with OEM parts. Or you can buy a trigger kit to drop in to your trigger housing using a few of the OEM parts.

I ended up buying just the trigger at first to see if it would work with the KIDD trigger kit that I already had but it would not. So then I purchased the rest of the parts as well as a spare trigger group from brimstone and had that all installed together.

So what I have currently are to complete trigger groups in polymer Housings which gives me an apples to apples comparison between the KIDD trigger kit and the TK trigger kit.

Kidd is about 30.00 bucks cheaper

OK, I see what you have

doesn't surprise me then that the TK trigger didn't work with the KIDD stuff as the geometry between the KIDD and a standard Ruger trigger is different...shouldn't work in a BX trigger either and for the same reason