Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:09 PM
bmw2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Upward pressure on magazine?

I have one 10/22 that's been really frustrating with failure to feeds and occasional stove pipes. Bullets will jam nose up before getting into the chamber.

Anyway, noticed the other day, if I apply pressure to the bottom of the magazine, almost all the ftf's go away. Would this indicate needing a new/stronger mag release plunger spring?
Old 08-10-2019, 02:35 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
That would definitely be the first thing I would try. I'd just replace the whole plunger with a Kidd.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
That would definitely be the first thing I would try. I'd just replace the whole plunger with a Kidd.
YUPP I solved one problematic sumbiditch with just that... KIDD plunger and done.

https://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Mag...eel_p_149.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2019, 08:27 PM
Old-Corps
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This mod solved that problem for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9rWr0Ry7NE

You only need to remove a tiny bit of material. Hope this helps.
Old 08-11-2019, 04:50 AM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
As simple and silly as that sounds, the Kidd plunger did make a difference in one of my guns. And I got the higher tensioned spring for it at the time as well. I don't know if it was so much the plunger in question that helped as it was the heavier spring to prevent mags from wanting to go backwards, but in that one gun it made a difference.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:07 AM
bmw2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm going to try the mod that Old-Corps posted. Unfortunately, he posted it too late to keep me from spending 50 bucks while looking for a $7.50 plunger and spring, thanks to these other two yahoos. 😀 Might as well get an extractor, charging handle assembly and couple of upgraded takedown screws too. I mean, I'm already paying shipping right?
Old 08-11-2019, 11:25 AM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2 View Post
I'm going to try the mod that Old-Corps posted. Unfortunately, he posted it too late to keep me from spending 50 bucks while looking for a $7.50 plunger and spring, thanks to these other two yahoos. 😀 Might as well get an extractor, charging handle assembly and couple of upgraded takedown screws too. I mean, I'm already paying shipping right?
.. Yupp... you can try to trim the OEM as per that Video.. then compare to the KIDD function.. they will both work.. but it is piece of mind knowing you have the BEST components on the market when you install KIDD goods. Like buying tires.. they are all rubber and round.. but, some are much better than others.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:42 PM
bmw2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm sure they'll work great. I'm actually just trying to get my to do list of gun tinkering done so I can start my first 10/22 from scratch build. I picked up one of those Kingston receivers to do a "precision" build.