Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 08:54 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
like a coral reef !!

yesiree,

a bit slow and takes time to grow, yea right !! but so far, this forum has had 14,188 hits in less than a month. granted, a lot were curious to see what is going on. now that they know, have a lot more people interested. nahhhh, vince aint goin anywhere. notice on the sticky, he is a "four star general". he is one of those that likes to stay with the troopers.

my .22 cents as usual fwiw. giddyap randy

Last edited by RICOCHET; 02-09-2006 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Skeeter27red

TPC Rating: 
94% (23)
Just build it

Just build your Superstock for you, the way you want it to be. As long as it doesn't have a stock that looks like the socks on the dead witch under the house in the "Wizard of Oz", it'll probably be accepted as Superstock, and not classified as "Ulti-sock". I like the line Vincent drew in the sand where stocks that look like "over-pulled saltwater taffy" are out, too. If you build a rifle with FUNCTION in mind, and you hang out in this portion of the forum, where accuracy is put above "Cool looks" (If that is what you want to call it), and you have ANY sort of eye for the classic look of a beautiful rifle with the stock providing an opportunity to posess incredible wood, chances are, you'll fit in. I know the synthetics and the composites.......well I know guys that date women with silicon "enhancements" too, and those guys aren't any different than any of the rest of us, except maybe their thumbs are sore more often.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Chromie

TPC Rating: 
94% (28)
Well said Skeeter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2006, 12:51 AM
gmcfixer
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter27red
If you build a rifle with FUNCTION in mind, and you hang out in this portion of the forum, where accuracy is put above "Cool looks" (If that is what you want to call it), and you have ANY sort of eye for the classic look of a beautiful rifle with the stock providing an opportunity to posess incredible wood, chances are, you'll fit in.
Skeeter,

I can agree with most of what you said but to say "If you build a rifle with FUNCTION in mind" in many cases that applies with some of the custom stocks too, its not always for a cool look.

But with that being said I'm sure you didn't mean that in the context of it would have to be near a classic configuration to be functional. I do agree for the superstock forum a classic carbine or sporter style stock is what the norm would and should be, or at least in my mind.

Way I see it the superstocks should be more along the lines of a hunters type rifle. But with all the extra mods (rechamber for match chamber, headspacing the bolt, a good bedding job and trigger work) to push it to the limits for accuracy.

Now if (REPEAT IF) we where talking about a class for competing, I would suggest a scope limitation. Maybe something like a length and objective lense limitation to keep them closer to the sporter/hunters styling.

I have way too many irons in the fire and some problems that came up that prevent me from building an extra rifle. I do have a stocker that I have tore down and polished up the reciever on and think that if I was going to do a superstock this gun would be a good choice. I haven't shot but a couple USBR targets with it and it has done well. It has also shot a 1/3" 25 yard group and a 3/4" 50 yard group. Never know I may change my mind and go the SS route rather than low dough with it (that way I don't have to rebarrel it.) We'll see, llike I said funds are limited.

Well I've babbled on enough.

Dave Z
Old 02-11-2006, 01:25 AM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Oh come one Dave....you KNOW you want to do it......Right?? Ya got ALMOST every thing you need now......couldn't cost VERY much now could it? Besides this is a build it as you go type of rifle. Put it together with what you have and then change something here and improve something there as you have time and and money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 02-14-2006, 01:48 AM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
WOW !!

one whole day and nuttin new here ?? crappy weather ?? was re-tapping my stripped TD receiver screw threads so i was down for a while. maybe i need to instigate sumpin or .......... ??

whats up people ??

Old 02-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Weather probably.....and in my case, nothing to shoot yet. The Forum is also just starting to mature a little. No big thing.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Chromie

TPC Rating: 
94% (28)
Both my semi's are down right now, the LIL'60 ejector spring broke again and I sent the TG from my DSP to Skeeter. So ......all I have to shoot is my Glenfield bolt action, I think I need some more auto feeds around here. being without a "bullet blazer" (as my GF calls it) just aint workin for me.

Chromie
Old 02-18-2006, 07:43 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
vince, if you are counting "views", 17,484. hoz that for a "short time" i think it's great
and going very nicely. just my .22 cents.

Old 02-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICOCHET
vince, if you are counting "views", 17,484. hoz that for a "short time" i think it's great
and going very nicely. just my .22 cents.
Ricochet, I think SuperStock will become a major part of RFC. Look at the attention we got IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER. Wait till people can shoot again. We'll promote it a little with the other guys, With the newbies asking "what do I do next" and We'll pick up a bunch of folks building nice little SuperStock rifles. I'm proud of what we have done buddie and I think there are more good stuff to come. We already have alot of prople thinking "I want one of those" When I do my build up and others do theirs it will get the ball rolling again, even faster.

I think a little bit of the "I want rules" thing hurt us a little but those guys has actually turned around and have seen the light. This Spring is going to be good.

Old 02-18-2006, 10:40 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
what is it, and when does spring get here, ?? LOL.

Old 02-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICOCHET
what is it, and when does spring get here, ?? LOL.
What is what? What the heck you mean, what is it? And the Ground hog said said six more weeks of winter last week.

As Vinnie Barbarino used to say "I'm so confused!!"

Old 02-19-2006, 12:32 AM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
SPRING !!
forgot what it is or when it gets here. yesterday had to go to town for "supplies" and the tires on da rig were froze to the ground. no groundhogs here. we look for the gophers. none around yet.

Old 02-23-2006, 06:54 PM
j.gill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ok I have 1 10/22 it is stock except for the tasco scope. but I am more into Marlin/Glenfield have 3 that are auto's a marlin 60 and the other two are Glenfield 60 and 75. So obviously I hope these are OK with yall. I love the idea of keeping it looking stock
Old 02-23-2006, 07:05 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
non 10/22's ??

j.gill,

just what we need; more marlins and glenners. welcome to SS. chromie has started a marlin thread here if ya wanna check it out. have a mdl 60 myself and luv it. imo, for a stocker, out-shoots my stock 10/22's, stock for stock. must be that "micro-groove" bbl.

hey, if you can, post some pics of guns and targets, and what kind of ammo.

enjoy the SS section.

Closed Thread