Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 01:36 AM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)

this forum is really taking off. now we have a few marlin people joining in. and some .17 diy'slfers. probably the fastest growing section on RFC. so many people here that could be involved, but may not wanna or dont have a camera, or, am satisfied with their squirrel gun as is, or just couldn't give a hoot, etc. but am glad to see how it has grown, like weeds in my backyard. LOL.

Old 02-08-2006, 01:14 AM
hntnnut

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sorry I didn't catch this thread sonner. I just got through reading it beginning to end and guess its a little late for my input, but heres my 2 cents anyways. Near the end of the thread I read this statement.....

Quote:
Seriously guys, if your rifle isn't a box stock or an Ultimate....chances are, you'll find yourself at home here....
I own a 10/22T that i've done some trigger/bedding work on so it doesn't fit "box stock" I bought the gun because it had realy clean lines, a non synthetic stock that still looks like a stock, yet didn't look like a neon colored raygun (unlike most "ultimates" i've seen) put on a mid-sized scope (4-16) once again unlike most ultimates i've seen. So I don't think I fit in that catagory either. So that leaves "superstock" yet since I have a factory installed "bull Barrel" I don't fit the defination of "superstock" either. So what i've gathered is near stock 10/22Ts are blacksheep. Sorry i'm ranting, I just don't think the 10/22T guys and gals got fair reprentation.

Richard
Old 02-08-2006, 01:56 AM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
"box stock model T"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hntnnut
Sorry I didn't catch this thread sonner. I just got through reading it beginning to end and guess its a little late for my input, but heres my 2 cents anyways. Near the end of the thread I read this statement.....

I own a 10/22T that i've done some trigger/bedding work on so it doesn't fit "box stock" I bought the gun because it had realy clean lines, a non synthetic stock that still looks like a stock, yet didn't look like a neon colored raygun (unlike most "ultimates" i've seen) put on a mid-sized scope (4-16) once again unlike most ultimates i've seen. So I don't think I fit in that catagory either. So that leaves "superstock" yet since I have a factory installed "bull Barrel" I don't fit the defination of "superstock" either. So what i've gathered is near stock 10/22Ts are blacksheep. Sorry i'm ranting, I just don't think the 10/22T guys and gals got fair reprentation.

Richard
guys are rigging up re-lined 10/22 /17's, but in factory carbine bbls. amazing !!. so it's kinda "factory". i know the "T"'s are bulls and are kinda looked at as a non SS bbl for what is going on here. wanted to stay with the factory slim jim bbls so to speak. shoot your baby, post pics, and make a note of what ya have. trying to stay away from the "ulti" crowd. they have their own forum. 'sides, from what i've seen the T's arent all that great. no offense to your model "T"

not an xclusive club or anything, just trying to seperate this forum from the high $$$ guys and have fun doing so, where a person is not afraid to take his SS gun in the field and get it scratched up or kinda banged around.
these SS guns are not bag queens., are meant to be used and "abused".
my .22 cents worth.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2006, 02:14 AM
Skeeter27red

TPC Rating: 
94% (23)
Don't listen to him

Your Factory Bull barreled rifle is welcome here, there are no "Rules", except "Run what you brung". I have a HMR lever action that has a bull barrel, and from its re-contoured and refinished factory stock, to its home made trigger group internals, and 24X Illuminated scope, it is 100% SuperStock.
So you got a Hemi Cuda from the Factory, instead of a small block, how does that make it any less of a 'Cuda?
Bring it on......Don't listen to that non-sense about the "T" barrels not shooting very well either, it simply is not the truth, I have OWNED and SHOT out of more than several factory "T" barrels, and they have ALL been great shooters, I think the bad wrap they get is a bunch of Parroting, not based on actual experience, but that's just me.
There are guidelines, but not having a bull barrel isn't a "Rule" for it to be a Superstock, if anything, your "T" would ba a factory Superstock.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:28 AM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
yea, don't listen.......

made an oops here and wanna apoligize.
yea, shoot what ya got. would like to have a "T" bbl just to see how it would shoot, out of curiousity.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Generally we ARE encouraging NON Bull barrel guns. BUT all factory Ruger that are "breathed" on are welcome here. The "T" will always have a place here as will thr Ruger Race Rifle. What this is NOT is a another "Ultimate" Forum. Nothing against Ultimates but they have their place and have dominated RFC for along time. With a FEW exceptions we encourage light weight, sporter barreled rifles that are tricked out to SHOOT like an Ultimate without the weird stocks and 90 lb barrels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 02-08-2006, 11:08 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (94)
I had Randy backbore my "T" barrel so it doesn't weigh 90# anymore. Maybe 88#.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSwede
I had Randy backbore my "T" barrel so it doesn't weigh 90# anymore. Maybe 88#.
SEE???? That's the spirit!!!

Old 02-08-2006, 05:16 PM
-NH

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to -NH
Quote:
I figure when warmer weather gets her theres going to be a Superstock match suggested.
I think that is a great idea! A in-formal 'fun' match...... with a target anyone can print up..... Count me in!
Old 02-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter05
I know this goes against everything you guys have built so far. BUT How about an informal Board of Directors (if you will)or judges, advisors whatever you'd like to call it. To say what works for Superstock and what doesn't. This has been going great fo far but without order there is or will be chaos. Just a thought, please don't castrate me for the suggestion. I am kinda thinking future like. I figure when warmer weather gets her theres going to be a Superstock match suggested. Might as well graduate up to an ordered chaos so we don't have to climb a whole flight of stairs at once. Instead we can go up one step at a time slowly. Wow that was metaphorically spiritual. Thanks!
YES it DOES!!!! Do the Ultimates have this Board of Directors? Do they have judges? Why in the world do we need them? What's wrong with chaos? As far a matches are concerned. Why the HELL does this keep happening. Each time it is 4 or 5 to 1 against it. Each time we have people say they don't want it and we have already had a couple GOOD people say they were quitting over this constant having to put this fire out. Please stop it.

The SuperStocks are already legal for (depending on mods made) Factory Sporter, Semi Auto, Unlimited and Low Dough. Fact is that SuperStock was and is considered first and formost a huntng rifle with a very strong plinking background. Fact is I kind of doubt there will be a real high call for SuperStock only Matches. Even if their were we could have stock barrel, modified barrel and aftermarket barrel and leave it at that. The vast majoity of SuperStock builders won't care about match shooting and if they do they can shoot in the all ready too many classes of RFC e mail matches

Last edited by Vincent; 02-09-2006 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter05
forget It Then Aalso Cancel My Rfc Support All Together. I Didnt Contribute To This Board To Be Ridiculed.

Mods Please Refund My Subscription

Im Done
You're going to run off because I disagree with you??? What is that? You said it. We put alot into this. You come in much later and demand that it go your way or you quit?? You were not being ridiculed. You were being told the history of what has already come to pass.That point of view has been decided against several times. We have long time members that repeatly have said they don't want it that way. Do you expect to go into every orginization and demand "your way or the highway". No offense but how do you get along in life?

Look I am very sorry to see you go this way and hope you change your mind.

Last edited by Vincent; 02-09-2006 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:55 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (94)
Touchy, isn't (wasn't?) he?.......Hope he's not holding his breath on that refund.....
Old 02-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSwede
Touchy, isn't (wasn't?) he?.......Hope he's not holding his breath on that refund.....

I pm'd him. I hope he will change his mind. I did NOT mean him any harm. Those of you that know me know I don't try to hurt people. I hate it when this stuff happens.

Old 02-08-2006, 09:23 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
yea, well, we all live in a chaotic world unless you're marooned on an isle. LOL.

fwiw, i'll just keep posting my groups as others have done and be happy.

okay, vince, time for some oolong. i'll have another brewski. ha ha ha.

Old 02-08-2006, 09:38 PM
OpsMgr
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ditto on posting more pics, being happy and another brew!
Closed Thread