Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorlyKrupt
The "rules" i was posting were just Ideas but also inline with this post. I agree Rules Suck! at first I had touble accepting a Kidd trigger on a SS but I have read on and opened my mind to other peoples ideas. I also realized that openess will make this forum work! but that does'nt mean a certian class of shooters won't fit right in here at the SS forum. and that would be a Box Stock class. A challenge for those who want to share ideas on how to make the most of thier guns using all factory parts. I would like to see just how much performance and how good 10/22 using all factory parts can shoot @ 100 yards. Or if, say, a 597 could out do it. I have also learned that most people don't like "box stock" stuff in any form but there are a few of us that are up to the challange.

Weather or not this idea gets shot down I will still enjoy the SS forum. Good Job all

Look you are driving me and others nuts with with this CLASS CRAP. You want a Box stock class?? GOOOOOOD! go to:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...play.php?f=116

There you will find a WHOLE FORUM that is titled "Factory Stock 10/22s". Post your Box stock stuff there. It was one of the first ever forums at RFC. Been there since the dark ages. WHY do you KEEP insisting that that sort of stuff needs a class HERE? This is NOT the place. Please get off that. You keep confusing other people like pspercy.

There are not now, there NEVER will be a class other than just plain SuperStock. We worked hard for months to make this happen. After it is all put together people that had nothing to do with it come out of the woodwork trying to change something that does not need, and will not be, changed.

I don't mean to be offensive or rude but you just keep coming back saying "Well ok but we need this class" and it is REALLY irritating to not only me but the rest of the people that worked on making this thing happen!!! Why do you insist? I was working to get this idea started 9 months before you even JOINED RFC. Please go chk the link I gave you. It is in the very first group of Forum after the rules and such....been there forever. USE IT!!! When you want to build a SuperStock or even just talk about it come back here! You'll always be welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 01-27-2006, 11:23 AM
pspercy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent
Do what ever YOU what to YOUR rifle. THERE ARE NO CLASSES NONE!!! And yes it would have been nice if Ruger would have made the 10/22 to hold open on the last shot.
I was just responding to Morly's suggestion.
I may have used the wrong word but I was referring to the mod allowing bolt release by just pulling back on it slightly rather than fiddling with that @#$%^ bit of metal by the trigger guard.

I support this Super Stock idea and don't wish to see it bogged down by "classes".
Old 01-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspercy
I was just responding to Morly's suggestion.
I may have used the wrong word but I was referring to the mod allowing bolt release by just pulling back on it slightly rather than fiddling with that @#$%^ bit of metal by the trigger guard.

I support this Super Stock idea and don't wish to see it bogged down by "classes".
I know you were responding. No problem.

The auto bolt release mods is one of the easiest of all to do and is quite useful. Take care, Vince.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2006, 05:34 PM
-NH

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to -NH
How about a SuperStock-Classic class? Just kidding Vince!

Seriously guys, if your rifle isn't a box stock or an Ultimate....chances are, you'll find yourself at home here....
Old 01-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
THAT was a GREAT way of putting it!!! Wish I had thought of it

Old 01-27-2006, 06:49 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
box stock ??

UH UH!!
no out of the box stockers for me. have a sledge that is lighter than the factory hammer. even my marlin mod 60 took some work just to get it to cycle subs, AND, there are no aftermarket parts.

am relieving the 10/22 bbl channel right now to "float" the bbl on my "burple" plastic stock, which is a lot tougher sanding than birch. that stock is gonna take some work, but enjoy the tinkering as most of us here. to build an "ulti", all you need is a hefty CC and an allen wrench. been there, came back here---"home"

YEA, feel at "home" here, finally, my projects have a place to hang out.

VINCE, go have a cup of jasmine w/ xtra honey, RELAX ole' friend.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:00 PM
OpsMgr
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well Put

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHhunter
How about a SuperStock-Classic class? Just kidding Vince!

Seriously guys, if your rifle isn't a box stock or an Ultimate....chances are, you'll find yourself at home here....
Perfectly put! Ain't it great to have a home for the "in between rifles" that can be used for hunting, plinking and bench work? Don't get me wrong, I have an ulti and plan to spend tomorrow morning with her at the range and couple hundred rounds of her favorite ammo testing a new scope. My SS is a work in progress and I'm looking forward to tinkering with it over the next few months and me and one of my buddies are planning to work on the tree rat infestation on his rural property in a few weeks - Can't wait to try my SS in the field.

So with that said, Let's all agree to adopt NHunter's simple definition: "If your rifle isn't a box stock or an Ultimate....chances are, you'll find yourself at home here"...Because you have a SuperSport! JMHO.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Ahem........SuperStock you mean???? S-u-p-e-r-S-t-o-c-k........Superstock!!

Old 01-27-2006, 09:03 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
ahhhhh, what is a little typo ?? as long as it is a S-U-P-E-R something which i have none as of yet, unless i can count my GM bbl, tapered of course. LOL.

Old 01-28-2006, 04:09 PM
bass_singer
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Vincent -

No ones trying to impose rules or turn this into a competition, as far as I can tell. We were just trying to differentiate between SuperStockers using all factory Ruger parts and SuperStockers using other than Ruger parts but still having the basic contuours etc.

It's all good.

-Stuart Townend, 'How Deep the Father's Love For Us,' c1995, ThankYou Music

I like Dwight, Jordan, Gene, David, et al...
Old 01-28-2006, 06:35 PM
OpsMgr
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Exclamation Mea Culpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent
Ahem........SuperStock you mean???? S-u-p-e-r-S-t-o-c-k........Superstock!!
BUSTED! I hope a few members had a good laugh as I sit here with a RED face! Have followed the creation of the SuperStock forum with a big smile as it was a great idea - Thanks Vincent! Please accept my Mea Culpa.

RICOCHET: I wish it had been a typo! Alas, I may have smelled too much Hoppes No. 9 over the years.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Easlily done.....truthfully I almost did it a couple times

Old 01-28-2006, 11:42 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
ha ha, LOL, do it all the time. its a matter of semantics, sometimes ,and the other times it is a typo. just gotta give a little slack, like on the fishing line. LOL.

Old 02-01-2006, 02:30 AM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
vince, SS 22's ??

hay vince,

who woulda thought this would have gone this far ?? people i have never
heard of are posting here. great stuff.

need to get the marlin thingee going soon. havent been shooting that baby in a while. soon as the weather settles down, will try out some diff ammo,
and post some pics.

seems like a few of us SSers' have a marlin or two. think all they need is a bit of "push" to really get into the swing of things.

these should get someones juices going. would get me to the range !!

Last edited by RICOCHET; 02-01-2006 at 02:35 AM.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Very nice....I don't know how they do it but Marlin makes some accurate model 60's.

Closed Thread