Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHhunter
I don't think anyone is looking for rules.... But it would be nice to set some limitations. That would define us from the "ulitimate" label. After reading Skeeter's post, we might have to consider a 'SuperStock-Prima donna" class...
To me "limits" and "rules" are the same thing. We HAVE limits. NO bull barrels. No "Ultimate" style stocks.

As far as Skeeter goes, When you see the most accurate, trickest, more work than anyone else, you can pretty much bet it will be Skeeter's. He works HARD on everything he does and it is not bragging if you can back it up. Skeeter has backed it up everytime he said he was going to do something so far. It is my opinoin but him and sawdust will probably lead the way on actually building innovative SS rifles. I'm more of an "Idea" kinda of guy, I will come up with some good ideas. Skeeter, sawdust and a couple others are the innovators. Ricochet is the hard worker, constantly shooting and trying things. Not to mention being an all around good guy that keeps us smiling. We have a great group of people here. I care for all of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 01-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I want to make sure that everybody who has posted here knows that I really appreciate your contributions. Even if in the end we don't use them there is nothing wrong with bringing them up for discussion.

Also, in the end, I have but one voice in this. I don't mean to shut off anybody but this is important to me and I just want it to be good for the most people. I think we have a chance to do something exceptional.

Old 01-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Jasper21

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I printed out this whole thread, all 35 pages or so and read through them.

Here is my conclusion: You will know a SuperStocker when you see it.

It has a functional, almost traditional, stock and a tapered barrel. The rest is up to your imagination, pocket book, or skill set.

Rember, no matter what you do it won't be only a DIY class. If some one can pay, someone else will build it. Some people don't have the skills, others don't have the tooling, and some don't have the knowledge. However, why should a person be limited to a rifle's factory potential because they are missing one of these ingredients, knowledge, skill, or tooling?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2006, 07:24 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
yea well, way before vince actually got this concept started, and which has taken off,
for maybe the last year or so have been dinking around with the factory guns and trying to make them shoot better. about the only mods were some trigger work, floating, polishing innards, etc. trying diff ammo, scopes bbls, with /without bands,
and had a great time doing so. dont expect them to be "super", but am having fun trying for smaller holes on paper. if we didn't get 4 inches of snow last nite would be
testing more diff ammo. one of these days, will send randy the 22" bbl, use his bolt and then, MAYBE, i'll have a SuperStocker. meanwhile..............

having too much fun to worry about rules. way too old for that, LOL. dont want any and dont care. will follow this thread and see where it goes.

Old 01-20-2006, 07:27 PM
OpsMgr
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up Dead On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent
We need NO rules!! Please QUIT trying to force them in. It is NOT going to happen. This is NOT a shooting class for Bullseye, NRA, USBR, ARA, RFC Email or ANY other kind of shooting.

Look if you want to shoot your SuperStocker in Comp, be my guest. MANY of them will Qualify for:

1. Factory Sporter, RFC E-mail (Factory parts, bedded action, massaged trigger)

2. Gmcfixer LowDough with a sporter Green Mountain barrel as long as you meet his other rules.

3. Any of them will meet RFC E-mail Ulimited class

So it you do want to shoot competition just build YOUR SuperStocker to one of THOSE classes, they are already there waiting for you!!!

Please don't try to force rules down the throats of the rest of us, they are not only uneeded but VERY MUCH unwanted.

This is a free style exercise if shared information for practical hunting/plinking rifles. Would you make up rules for a rabbit rifle? How about a groundhog rifle? Do YOU have to have rules for a squirrel rifle?????

This has been so good up until now. PLEASE don't screw this up!! Why do people feel like they NEED rules? I already have too %%%% many rules about how I live my life so PLEASE don't make rules on how I have to build a class of rifle that I named and did all the work promoting. I have been pushing this for months. Dropping hints here and there. Twisting an arm or two. Working with members and RFC. Now people that have done NOTHING about it want to make rules
Vincent is dead on! Let's all get on board a give the support required to move this new forum forward. This could be a hell of a lot of fun!

I caught the SS bug in another thread and I don't want to be cured!
Old 01-20-2006, 08:15 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
hard work ??

nahhhhh. not work when having fun. work is shoveling snow, or dragging logs out of the river bottom. this stuff is rewarding when ya do sumpin right for a change and it works. a lot of hard workers here; R&R guys;
( rules / regulations ), me, i'll just take it as it comes.

you are the one who did all the hard work the rest of us just chimed in as an afterthought, hoping this would go somewhere

and vince, dont get so frazzled, nuff said.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:23 PM
AK

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
No rules, just show us what you got.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICOCHET
and vince, dont get so frazzled, nuff said.
You are right on with your advice.....Ricochet we are SO close I just don't want it screwed up now Ricochet. When I started this I didn't really care all that much.......I did but it was personal. Now all these guys are so into it I don't want to let them, and you, down. I don't want to screw this up and disappoint anyone. Thanks for the advice my friend. It is well taken

Old 01-20-2006, 09:34 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
well vince ya did it. yahooie as they say in montanny.

Old 01-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Thanks to everyone and all the stuff you guys did.....this is a really neat day for us. A new forum for at least a new name to a great type of rifle. We will build a pile of these great little rifles. Congratulations to all of you!!!

Old 01-22-2006, 01:39 PM
.22 shooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
sounds good to me, i never really liked the ultis. a new cool place for us to hang out
Old 01-22-2006, 08:38 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
ha ha, nothing wrong with the "ultis", have a couple, but i find it more challenging to take a factory "sporter" and try to make them shoot better. keeps me kinda busy,
anyway.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:48 AM
MorlyKrupt

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Cool just ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICOCHET
ha ha, nothing wrong with the "ultis", have a couple, but i find it more challenging to take a factory "sporter" and try to make them shoot better. keeps me kinda busy,
anyway.

The "rules" i was posting were just Ideas but also inline with this post. I agree Rules Suck! at first I had touble accepting a Kidd trigger on a SS but I have read on and opened my mind to other peoples ideas. I also realized that openess will make this forum work! but that does'nt mean a certian class of shooters won't fit right in here at the SS forum. and that would be a Box Stock class. A challenge for those who want to share ideas on how to make the most of thier guns using all factory parts. I would like to see just how much performance and how good 10/22 using all factory parts can shoot @ 100 yards. Or if, say, a 597 could out do it. I have also learned that most people don't like "box stock" stuff in any form but there are a few of us that are up to the challange.

Weather or not this idea gets shot down I will still enjoy the SS forum. Good Job all
Old 01-27-2006, 01:11 AM
pspercy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass_singer
Morly came up with some definitions in the other thread. I suggested a small change and he agreed. What say y'all here?

My only question would be: Is "free-floating" the barrel considered "fitting"?
I'd say yes re floating the barrel.

In Morly's definition, why the emphasis on bolt buffer ? I think the auto bolt release mod should be allowed even if it wasn't a file-it-yourself job. It makes the rifle more useable and, arguably, safer because if the @#$% thing is so fiddly to operate, as it is as stock, who'd use it whereas doing the mod (or replacing the part) encourages "bolt open" safety
In fact you'd think Ruger themselves would have changed it by now
Old 01-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspercy
I'd say yes re floating the barrel.

In Morly's definition, why the emphasis on bolt buffer ? I think the auto bolt release mod should be allowed even if it wasn't a file-it-yourself job. It makes the rifle more useable and, arguably, safer because if the @#$% thing is so fiddly to operate, as it is as stock, who'd use it whereas doing the mod (or replacing the part) encourages "bolt open" safety
In fact you'd think Ruger themselves would have changed it by now
Do what ever YOU what to YOUR rifle. THERE ARE NO CLASSES NONE!!! And yes it would have been nice if Ruger would have made the 10/22 to hold open on the last shot. To me it is one of the glaring defects of the 10/22. The problem with Ruger correcting it no is that there is about 50,000,000 factory magazines out there and the magazine has to be modified to make it work. If they change it there would be a situation where they would producing 2 different magazines which would cause a good bit of confusion out in retail land. It is a fairly easy mod to convert YOUR stuff to hold open after last shot.

Closed Thread