Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 12:54 AM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
SStocker ??

not quite sure, all. this is one of the mostly stocker than "super". photobucket is down right now. will upload a pic shortly. in the meantime get your bib ready,

here ya go,

some day will send randy the bbl for his work. in the mean time, doing as vince sugg'd and setting up a baseline with diff ammo as the "before" part.

Last edited by RICOCHET; 01-20-2006 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:11 AM
AK
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks Clint, I have thought about finding another DSP stock and getting a 16" GM sporter barrel. This is one of my favorite builds though.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:36 AM
1SHOT 1KILL

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK
Thanks Clint, I have thought about finding another DSP stock and getting a 16" GM sporter barrel. This is one of my favorite builds though.
I can see why its one of your favorites, I have one as well with the GM 16.5 fluted sporter in a DSP stock and it has to be my favorite because its the only gun I own!!! I want to build another with a really good set of peep sights (gotta take advantage of my 20/20 vision while I still have it!) - but i just don't have the cash right now.

BTW Love your gun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2006, 12:36 PM
MorlyKrupt

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass_singer
Morly came up with some definitions in the other thread. I suggested a small change and he agreed. What say y'all here?

My only question would be: Is "free-floating" the barrel considered "fitting"?

I would say yes.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:39 PM
MorlyKrupt

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Exclamation Super Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass_singer
With an aftermarket barrel that fits the contour I'd say it goes in the SuperModified division of the SuperStockers.

Looks good
maybe i shold drop the modified stock class and add SuperModified?

1) Box Stock = must use all factory parts (except bolt buffer) stoning/polishing and fitting is allowed. No drilling or machining.

2) Super Stock = for those who just can't leave good enough alone. must use stock parts, parts may be swapped between models. Color change allowed as long as the shape/size or contour remains the same. With the exception of removing the barrel band and refinishing the remaining stock. Modifcaton/machining of factory parts is allowed.

3) Super Modified = same as SuperStock but factory parts may be replace with direct replacement aftermarket parts (of similar shape and size).

Last edited by MorlyKrupt; 01-20-2006 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I'm NOT critisizing guys but we are going to be very lucky to get ONE forum. Why complicte this? We are NOT shooting competition as there are already classes for most of these guns. I strongly believe we should have ONE forum, one class, one name SuperStock. Why do we need RULES?????

Can ANYONE explain that one to me????

To paraphrase a famous movie line: RULES??? We don't NEED no stinkin' RULES!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 01-20-2006, 02:14 PM
sawdust

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree.

sawdust
Old 01-20-2006, 02:32 PM
clint

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
SuperStock = just that no bull barrels, or out of this world stocks, keep it half simple and you have a SuperStock

You can do anything you want to it, kidd trigger whatever, just things like thumbhole stocks now that wouldn't be SuperStock, but say a laminated classic stock, that would be, midweight, sporter, factory barrels= SuperStock, .920 barrels wouldn't be.... Do anything else you want to it (well almost I don't think a pink rifle with a gold plated bolt would be SuperStock)

No Rules !!! Just a rifle that is user friendly that could be taken on a hunt, and at the same time give those .920 bull barrels a run for the money.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Skeeter27red

TPC Rating: 
94% (23)
Whatever

Why don't you just build what YOU like, and quit trying to define it. What is acceptable to one person may not be to another. If I had to make a rule for Superstock, it would be that none of those stinkin' multi-colored laminate stocks that are used to build what people refer to as "Ultimates" are allowed. Other than that, just define things to yourself, and allow SuperStock to define itself, how's that?
It WILL take a specific direction unto its own, all by itself, it doesn't need to be told what it can, and what it cannot be. The rules people keep trying to describe would only be for people that need structure to operate, and THIS does not need any of that structure.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Skeeter27red

TPC Rating: 
94% (23)
Superstock

This folks, is what its all about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICOCHET
not quite sure, all. this is one of the mostly stocker than "super". photobucket is down right now. will upload a pic shortly. in the meantime get your bib ready,

here ya go,

some day will send randy the bbl for his work. in the mean time, doing as vince sugg'd and setting up a baseline with diff ammo as the "before" part.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
We need NO rules!! Please QUIT trying to force them in. It is NOT going to happen. This is NOT a shooting class for Bullseye, NRA, USBR, ARA, RFC Email or ANY other kind of shooting.

Look if you want to shoot your SuperStocker in Comp, be my guest. MANY of them will Qualify for:

1. Factory Sporter, RFC E-mail (Factory parts, bedded action, massaged trigger)

2. Gmcfixer LowDough with a sporter Green Mountain barrel as long as you meet his other rules.

3. Any of them will meet RFC E-mail Ulimited class

So it you do want to shoot competition just build YOUR SuperStocker to one of THOSE classes, they are already there waiting for you!!!

Please don't try to force rules down the throats of the rest of us, they are not only uneeded but VERY MUCH unwanted.

This is a free style exercise if shared information for practical hunting/plinking rifles. Would you make up rules for a rabbit rifle? How about a groundhog rifle? Do YOU have to have rules for a squirrel rifle?????

This has been so good up until now. PLEASE don't screw this up!! Why do people feel like they NEED rules? I already have too %%%% many rules about how I live my life so PLEASE don't make rules on how I have to build a class of rifle that I named and did all the work promoting. I have been pushing this for months. Dropping hints here and there. Twisting an arm or two. Working with members and RFC. Now people that have done NOTHING about it want to make rules

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 01-20-2006, 05:43 PM
sawdust

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Once more I'll second what Vincent just said.

I'll also add that there is an e-mail match for Semi-Autos, the perfect competition for the SuperStockers. If you want to compete there is a place for you already and there is always room for a bunch more folks.

Good luck

sawdust

Last edited by sawdust; 01-20-2006 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Uncle Jed

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Funny,, but I watched this for day's, and from the start I thought the idea, was to see how different setup's can compare..
The only usefull information I seen comeing from it..
To limit it to a cookie cutter, everyone has to have the same, and do the same,, would really not tell me alot about anything..
But..
I guess for those that would only want to hope that there rig is better , just because it is?
Maybe they should form a "My Class"..
Jed.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:34 PM
MtStream

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
A few pages back " Run whatcha brung " was brought up . After days of trying to stick rules and classify to a gun ...? I like the no rules clause better - with the no bull barrel and the use of practical stocks . I ,too, tend to think this as a learning curve to see what indeed does work and what combos perform better as an all-around-rifle ( albeit a rimfire ).
Old 01-20-2006, 06:35 PM
-NH

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to -NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent
Why do people feel like they NEED rules?
I don't think anyone is looking for rules.... But it would be nice to set some limitations. That would define us from the "ulitimate" label. After reading Skeeter's post, we might have to consider a 'SuperStock-Prima donna" class...
Closed Thread