Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-12-2019, 01:55 AM
308encore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
the ugly gun

as the title says. my anschutz unlimited metalic silhouette pistol. it started life as a single shot match 64 target rifle. i used my thompson contender with anschutz sights fitted for an unlimited match and did ok. got me thinking about building something to the rules of the match.
so the anschutz got shortened to a 15`` barrel,moved the front sight back so it would fit inside the 15`` sight radius.tested ammo with a scope fitted, eley sport 3/4 inch @ 100m off a bench rest . shoots better with the barrel shortened than it did as a rifle. 1st pic i just used the anschutz stock ,cut it up to suit. all the holes where to get it down to the weight limit. 2nd pic is for want of a better name is a chassis. sits way better in the hand and dosnt move when squeezing the trigger.now has a trigger guard fitted. yes it is ugly but shoots like stink. practise on the weekend shot a 39, missed a ram
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190323_132124.jpg (484.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 20191206_114406.jpg (332.2 KB, 27 views)
Old 12-12-2019, 09:28 AM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It is ugly, but the accuracy with Sport at 100M (3/4") is incredible.
Old 12-12-2019, 01:41 PM
Lloyd S.
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Is that a legal conversion, i.e., in compliance with federal laws?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2019, 02:00 PM
308encore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i am in australia. had to get a permit from police to be able to convert a rifle into a pistol.
Old 12-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Lloyd S.
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 308encore View Post
i am in australia. had to get a permit from police to be able to convert a rifle into a pistol.
Got it -- didn't realize you lived in Oz. In the US there are tight restrictions on converting a rifle to a handgun, too. No problem going the other way that I know of.
Old 12-12-2019, 02:34 PM
lefty222
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I like your thinking, only what you need and nothing more, something I would do plain and simple and it get the job done.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:27 PM
308encore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
there are tight restrictions in oz as well, even just to buy a standard pistol. have to be a member of a pistol club, only allowed for target shooting ie no hunting or self defence. will take you close to 12mths by the time you get police approval to join a pistol club, do club training, be a member of club for min 6mths, aply for license, then permit to apply for pistol , only allowed 1 rim fire or 1 centrefire in the 1st 12mths, not one of each however you can have an airpistol or black powder gun with either of the above. we have to get a range book signed for attendances thru out the yr . have to do an amount so you can keep your lic. also not allowed semi auto rifles unless you have a special lic, which is very difficult to get.
plain and simple it had to be. weight limit is 2041 grams, ist stock as you can see is 2031g,it is now 1928 g due to the new stock and have changed the rear sight to a compact Gehmann as they are lighter than the Anschutz sight
Old 12-12-2019, 06:55 PM
Gillis2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Now that REALLY is ugly !!
But if it shoots accurately, I guess it makes it allright

Gilbert
Old 12-13-2019, 05:18 PM
Gizmo60

Ireland - Across the big pond as they say
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree with Gilbert, ugly as hell and looks like something out of Star Trek or similar, BUT then again, I realise its made to shoot not to be admired.

IMHO, I thing it looks better with wood, don't throw away the cut down stock, I'm sure it could be made to do the job while keeping a wide fore-end for bench work and keep within the weight restrictions required.

Giz

Last edited by Gizmo60; 12-13-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:28 PM
eggplant
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 308encore View Post
there are tight restrictions in oz as well, even just to buy a standard pistol. have to be a member of a pistol club, only allowed for target shooting ie no hunting or self defence. will take you close to 12mths by the time you get police approval to join a pistol club, do club training, be a member of club for min 6mths, aply for license, then permit to apply for pistol , only allowed 1 rim fire or 1 centrefire in the 1st 12mths, not one of each however you can have an airpistol or black powder gun with either of the above. we have to get a range book signed for attendances thru out the yr . have to do an amount so you can keep your lic. also not allowed semi auto rifles unless you have a special lic, which is very difficult to get.
plain and simple it had to be. weight limit is 2041 grams, ist stock as you can see is 2031g,it is now 1928 g due to the new stock and have changed the rear sight to a compact Gehmann as they are lighter than the Anschutz sight
Feeling lucky to live in Texas...
Old 12-13-2019, 05:38 PM
Gizmo60

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Feeling lucky to live in Texas...
Lord, I wish... and lots of us do....

In some EU Countries if your caught with a spent case in your possession, its considered a firearm or part thereof and the consequences can be severe.

At times I envy the US with its liberal firearms laws, however I'm in favour of basic common sense checks and procedures to obtain a license.

Giz
Old 12-13-2019, 07:20 PM
minimouse

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like it. Jolly good show and all that!
Old 12-13-2019, 08:12 PM
308encore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
always been a requirement to be in a pistol club here to own a hand gun,except 80-90 yrs ago. semi auto rifles where ok till 96 when there was a mass shooting here at port arthur in tasmania.so all semi auto rifles went . wasnt very happy about that. tho made pretty good money out of selling crap back to the goverment. where some good scams going on ie people making shotgun barrels ie rem 1100 with spare barrels , replicas being handed in. still wont vote for the party that brought in the laws.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:13 PM
308encore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
wont be throwing it away . will have aplay with it at some stage
Old 12-13-2019, 08:57 PM
Gizmo60

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rule are rules and (most are are pain the the %%%) regardless we all (authorized holders/users) comply with all relent legislation in place.

In another life long ago I remember standing on a freezing dock doing security while de-commissioned firearms including Lee Enfield Rifles were loaded aboard a vessel and were doomed to the oceans depths.

Many years later I happen to do the same duty but this time the firearms (Lee Enfield Rifles) were shipped and sold abroad.

Someone later told me Canadian hunters were super happy having purchased span new Lee Enfield’s still in their original factory grease proof packaging.

Giz