455 durability? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 11-29-2019, 06:45 AM
gmd1950's Avatar
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Dec 2006
Location: 
Mebane, NC
Posts: 
53,238
TPC Rating: 
100% (29)


Log in to see fewer ads
Signalman1 pointed to the mention and several others had the proper reply.
__________________
https://mostlyrimfire.com
NRA Patron Member/GOA Life *Esse Quam Videri Ya'll*
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-29-2019, 06:56 AM
cznut's Avatar
cznut

Join Date: 
Apr 2003
Location: 
Eastern Kentucky
Posts: 
3,955
TPC Rating: 
100% (104)
I have never had this happen on the many CZ's I have had over the years, even after lightening triggers down very low, I think some tend to work the bolt way to hard from what I have seen.
__________________
"Try to learn something about everything and everything about something."
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-29-2019, 02:00 PM
prairie maggot
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2012
Location: 
Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 
203
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am a Scout Master and NRA instructor for our BSA Council. I have Several 455's that I put 10,000's of rounds through each year and have never had a problem. I also put several 1,000's of rounds through them myself. I have not had a problem. Under normal and even heavy use, the 455 should hold up. Problems occur when you start to modify the sear engagement on almost any rifle. Those who are having a problem may be having a problem for a number of reasons - not all related to the rifle. I would be very hesitant to extrapolate one or a few peoples experience to the rifle as a whole. There are way too many people happily shooting the 452 and 455 for the platform to have durability problems. Burt
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-29-2019, 04:47 PM
C.C.'s Avatar
C.C.
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2004
Location: 
Salt lake city, UT
Posts: 
2,433
TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I had just the opposite problem with my 455. The bolt wouldn't come out without a real jerk! I started investigating the problem, and found I had assembled the bottom metal wrong during pre shooting cleaning! The trigger guard metal was actually bowed. I corrected my farble, and no problems since!

My opinion: FWIW CZ is a quality, well made affordable firearm, that may or may not come with a "problem" or two from the factory. No more or less than other brands. As said, more than a few can be traced to someone "tuning" the rifle, with little or no idea of what they are doing, only a recommendation from the Forum or You Tube about what "should" be done. Sometimes it works, sometimes not! Fortunately, parts are mostly inexpen$ive.

Last edited by C.C.; 12-01-2019 at 11:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-29-2019, 04:49 PM
C.C.'s Avatar
C.C.
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2004
Location: 
Salt lake city, UT
Posts: 
2,433
TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie maggot View Post
I am a Scout Master and NRA instructor for our BSA Council. I have Several 455's that I put 10,000's of rounds through each year and have never had a problem. I also put several 1,000's of rounds through them myself. I have not had a problem. Under normal and even heavy use, the 455 should hold up. Problems occur when you start to modify the sear engagement on almost any rifle. Those who are having a problem may be having a problem for a number of reasons - not all related to the rifle. I would be very hesitant to extrapolate one or a few peoples experience to the rifle as a whole. There are way too many people happily shooting the 452 and 455 for the platform to have durability problems. Burt
WHAT HE SAID!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-29-2019, 05:28 PM
wtb22hp's Avatar
wtb22hp
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2011
Location: 
Colonie, NY
Posts: 
354
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
As said, more than a few can be traced to someone "tuning" the rifle, with little or no idea of what they are doing

Amen to this!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-29-2019, 07:07 PM
kirby999's Avatar
kirby999

Join Date: 
Dec 2005
Posts: 
3,689
TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Iíve had an issue with the bolt coming out without pulling the trigger twice with my 455ís .
Once , involved the use of an aftermarket sear . Reinstalled the factory sear, the issue went away .
Second time involved a complete aftermarket trigger assembly that I adjusted below three pounds . Again , I reinstalled the factory parts and the issue went away .
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-29-2019, 07:52 PM
flangster

Join Date: 
Feb 2013
Posts: 
4,192
TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby999 View Post
Iíve had an issue with the bolt coming out without pulling the trigger twice with my 455ís .
Once , involved the use of an aftermarket sear . Reinstalled the factory sear, the issue went away .
Second time involved a complete aftermarket trigger assembly that I adjusted below three pounds . Again , I reinstalled the factory parts and the issue went away .
Same here. I put in a Timney trigger to my 455 UL and the bolt would come out, regardless of where the trigger pull was set. Went back to the OEM trigger and all was well.

I have flitted around among various rimfires over the past seven years . . . the end result is that I don't have that many rounds down the barrel of any one rifle. But I have no reason to think that the CZ's wouldn't be as durable as any other well-made rimfire.

But seriously, what part is supposed to be so delicate? The sear and trigger? If they wear out, replace 'em. The ejector/extractor? Ditto. The barrel? Seems to me like they'd go 100,000 rounds no problem.
__________________
============
n00by is now flangster on RFC -- still a newbie though
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x