455 durability? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-29-2019, 06:45 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)

Signalman1 pointed to the mention and several others had the proper reply.
Old 11-29-2019, 06:56 AM
cznut

TPC Rating: 
100% (104)
I have never had this happen on the many CZ's I have had over the years, even after lightening triggers down very low, I think some tend to work the bolt way to hard from what I have seen.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:00 PM
prairie maggot
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am a Scout Master and NRA instructor for our BSA Council. I have Several 455's that I put 10,000's of rounds through each year and have never had a problem. I also put several 1,000's of rounds through them myself. I have not had a problem. Under normal and even heavy use, the 455 should hold up. Problems occur when you start to modify the sear engagement on almost any rifle. Those who are having a problem may be having a problem for a number of reasons - not all related to the rifle. I would be very hesitant to extrapolate one or a few peoples experience to the rifle as a whole. There are way too many people happily shooting the 452 and 455 for the platform to have durability problems. Burt
Old 11-29-2019, 04:47 PM
C.C.
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I had just the opposite problem with my 455. The bolt wouldn't come out without a real jerk! I started investigating the problem, and found I had assembled the bottom metal wrong during pre shooting cleaning! The trigger guard metal was actually bowed. I corrected my farble, and no problems since!

My opinion: FWIW CZ is a quality, well made affordable firearm, that may or may not come with a "problem" or two from the factory. No more or less than other brands. As said, more than a few can be traced to someone "tuning" the rifle, with little or no idea of what they are doing, only a recommendation from the Forum or You Tube about what "should" be done. Sometimes it works, sometimes not! Fortunately, parts are mostly inexpen$ive.

Last edited by C.C.; 12-01-2019 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-29-2019, 04:49 PM
C.C.
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie maggot View Post
I am a Scout Master and NRA instructor for our BSA Council. I have Several 455's that I put 10,000's of rounds through each year and have never had a problem. I also put several 1,000's of rounds through them myself. I have not had a problem. Under normal and even heavy use, the 455 should hold up. Problems occur when you start to modify the sear engagement on almost any rifle. Those who are having a problem may be having a problem for a number of reasons - not all related to the rifle. I would be very hesitant to extrapolate one or a few peoples experience to the rifle as a whole. There are way too many people happily shooting the 452 and 455 for the platform to have durability problems. Burt
WHAT HE SAID!
Old 11-29-2019, 05:28 PM
wtb22hp
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
As said, more than a few can be traced to someone "tuning" the rifle, with little or no idea of what they are doing

Amen to this!
Old 11-29-2019, 07:07 PM
kirby999

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Iíve had an issue with the bolt coming out without pulling the trigger twice with my 455ís .
Once , involved the use of an aftermarket sear . Reinstalled the factory sear, the issue went away .
Second time involved a complete aftermarket trigger assembly that I adjusted below three pounds . Again , I reinstalled the factory parts and the issue went away .
Old 11-29-2019, 07:52 PM
flangster

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby999 View Post
Iíve had an issue with the bolt coming out without pulling the trigger twice with my 455ís .
Once , involved the use of an aftermarket sear . Reinstalled the factory sear, the issue went away .
Second time involved a complete aftermarket trigger assembly that I adjusted below three pounds . Again , I reinstalled the factory parts and the issue went away .
Same here. I put in a Timney trigger to my 455 UL and the bolt would come out, regardless of where the trigger pull was set. Went back to the OEM trigger and all was well.

I have flitted around among various rimfires over the past seven years . . . the end result is that I don't have that many rounds down the barrel of any one rifle. But I have no reason to think that the CZ's wouldn't be as durable as any other well-made rimfire.

But seriously, what part is supposed to be so delicate? The sear and trigger? If they wear out, replace 'em. The ejector/extractor? Ditto. The barrel? Seems to me like they'd go 100,000 rounds no problem.