Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

New personal best

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TT92 
#1 ·
Have shot my CZ455 out to 355 yards a couple times, and regularly shoot up to 300. Had the opportunity to stretch it a bit tonight, out to 373 and 403 yards.

Ammo was SK Biathlon. Decent ammo, but certainly not the best.

Pic of target shows, I think, 24 hits. I fired 20 shots at 373 and another 20 at 403. Interesting how much vertical there is, and not too much left-right spread.

I was super pleased to hear the ring of steel from almost 1/4 mile with a twennytoo. Takes that bullet over 1.4 seconds to get there and it has an absolute drop of over 28 feet.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Also played around at shorter distances, ranges labeled on the pics.

This was all done while vetting the stages for a match I’m hosting Next weekend, called “The King Of point-2 Miles.”

Attachments

#5 ·
I can get to 800 at our range, and do so with my centerfires.

The limit on the rimfire is the usable scope adjustment. To hit at 403 yards, I had to crank all the elevation on my scope and still hold over by 3.5 mils. And I have a 25 moa base!

On paper, anyway, I should be able to make hits out to 475 yards just by using the 10 mils worth of reticle markings.

My wish list includes either a Charlie Tarac or an Ivey adjustable base. Either one will run about 800 clams, so as a "nice to have" it may have to wait a little while. :sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.