Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

New to me 25n Project

973 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JMKnowles 
#1 ·
Hi all I got this marlin a week ago or so and I’m trying to make her my own.

I bought a boyds stock for a 925 with a bull barrel so I am trying to mate the 25n to it. I will put those pics in a reply to this post lol. I tried to drill and tap a rear action screw where it would be on the 925 but my bit head broke off. I will have to get a drill press to drill the bit out and thread the hole for it to work on the rear action screw I’m making. For the front action screw I had to drill out some washers to make spacers between the front action screw and the wood stock from the bottom. This was because the front action screw was bottoming out and not pulling the action down tight enough. It let the action rock back and forth. You can see the rear of the action lifted up in some of the pics.

I got a BSA Sweet 22 scope with the interchangeable turrets for the different grain bullets. Going to try it out this weekend. I pulled the sights and will fill in the dovetail and front screw hole and post some pics. Pics below are with the sights removed.

I am not sure if I should bed the front action area around the barrel but or not. If I can get the rear action to seat tightly and the range is successful I don’t think I will have to. It might just bug me enough because there is a bit of a gap around the front of the action.

I also want to do a bigger bolt knob and thread the barrel for my can. I will do a trigger job next after I get the stock fitted. I am curious though...it seems like my bolt is really heavy. Or almost sticky to lift and cock. Is there a way to lighten the bolt lift on the 25n?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
More pictures of the boyds stock and scope install. You can see it’s not a perfect fit around the barrel and reciever and I will have to tweak it some 😎. You can see the rear action screw hole in the stock in the front of the trigger guard.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.