Range Report-Plinkster702 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:45 PM
powderbrass

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Range Report-Plinkster702

I've read previous threads on this lightweight and I knew it was hit or miss with this model. I must have got a good one because I was making a ragged one hole at 50 yards (after the barrel was warmed up) and a group that a quarter could cover at 100 yards (Bushnell air rifle scope 3x9-32 attatched). I used mostly Federal bulk pack today, but I also used CCI stingers and Velocitors, Remington Viper, Thunderbolt and Gold pack. The vipers were the best hands down. The most amazing part of all this was that I had NO failure to fire or ejection problems. NONE. I was truly amazed. Based on my experience, I would recommend this rifle to anybody.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Hamish

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Great now I really want to try the bolt action version.
Cheers!
H.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:21 PM
powderbrass

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I didn't know a boltie was available in this model. I'd like to try it also. Do you know where these bolt action plinksters are available?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2006, 03:10 AM
Hamish

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have no idea were one could find one...maybe Walmart has some?

Here is were I saw it first...thanx to %%%%guy again for providing the great Mossy site!

Meet the 802 plinkster:
http://www.box54.com/06-cat-2.jpg

Cheers!
H.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:19 PM
mickeeand
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
accurate 702

LOL...I love to out shoot mine and my brothers 10/22 all day long with my 702!
That thing is just amazing..loves the remington golden bullet.

702 with free floated barrel. 89.00
4x32 scope. 20.00
box of rem bulk golden bullet ammo...10.00

able to time and again print .25 to .30 inch groups at 25 yrds?....priceless.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:00 PM
jimmygun
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have always said it was a very good rifle for the price, the open sights are very accurate at 50 yds. for bunnies and rats its light so you can shoot it all day long and won't get tired, mine loves to spit the federal 550 bulk hollow points, it just loves that stuff, I was concerned at the beginning when I got it to see how many rounds it would take, and I didn't even know about these website, the first rounds I got for it the federal didn't even had to experiment that much, I really like this rifle have over 5000 rounds and no trouble with it yet, the bolt open last shot I like it, but I think it damages my clips even if you can get them for $9.00 cheap, I think mossberg should look into this and fix it and it will be the best plinker around for the price, and if the bolt action comes out soon i would buy it in a minute.This rifle is not cosmetic, grain wood, smooth, sharp looking, and no aftermarket parts, but it is the funnest plinker i have ever shot, I prefer it over the 597, 10/22 due to the weight of the rifle and its rugged to take a beating, 3-9x32 tasco scope very nice addition, I just like the little rifle no matter what anyone says. I already convinced my brother in law and he went and got one after shooting mine. I can get replacement parts for it here in Texas at maverick arms if something would go wrong. I recommend it for beginers or experienced shooters the cost is less than a good target barrel and its worth it.

Last edited by jimmygun; 04-03-2006 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Rob62
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeeand

702 with free floated barrel. 89.0

Where can 702's be found for $89?? This sounds like a very good deal and I might even add one to my collection.

Regards,
Rob
Old 04-24-2006, 08:50 PM
jimmygun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
at your local wally world
Old 04-29-2006, 06:26 PM
droog

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just seen one of those today for the first time. I thought I would look and see what was said about them here before I buy .Looks like Ill head up to Wallyworld and grab one up.I was impressed by the weight of the gun really light I like a light rifle when Im walking around in the woods.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:37 PM
Mossbergman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Hollow log along the Susquehanna River, Dauphin County Pa.
TPC Rating: 
88% (7)
Exclamation do the search

Quote:
Originally Posted by droog
I just seen one of those today for the first time. I thought I would look and see what was said about them here before I buy .Looks like Ill head up to Wallyworld and grab one up.I was impressed by the weight of the gun really light I like a light rifle when Im walking around in the woods.
punch in 702 Plinkster in the search and see what is said,you will get the rest of the story ,b/4 you spend. --Jim--
Old 04-30-2006, 04:44 PM
droog

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I went up to
Wally world to get the 702 but they just put out a ruger that they didnt have earlier in the day for $159 so I got that instead.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:00 PM
BlackJack10

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

Picked up a 702 Plinkster yesterday at Wal-Mart for $92.88 since I am teaching basic rifle to Boy Scouts this weekend and needed some more rifles. I bought it because it was cheap and figured it would do even if it did jam from time to time (helpful way to slow the boys down and make them learn to deal with ftf and jams). Took it down and cleaned off the preservative last night leaving a light film of Ed's Red on it. Took it to the range today--100rds of Rem bulk without one hitch. The closer I look at it, it's every bit as well made as the baseline 10/22s (my favorite rimfire semi was my K10/22-22 before today). The plinkster is now my .22 plinker of choice by far. This gun is light, has a good feel, and is plenty accurate and fun to shoot. There may be folks out there who've gotten bad ones, but mine has turned out to be great. I will probably pick up one or two more, just to be sure the boys have enough rifles, don't you know. My vote:
Old 06-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Duck Whittler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I picked one up yesterday, tore it down and cleaned all of the grease out of it. Put a little 2x6 compact scope on it only about 8 inches long, and took it out to try it out. 4 shots and had it sighted in at 50 yds and was shooting cloverleafs with it. Talk about a neat little rifle this little thing is great for the money. Fired about 150 rounds through it not a glitch. I have a couple of 1 inch spinners and was realy workoing them over with the little gun. Trigger is a little rough on it , but for $92.00 whats not to like , fun little rifle.
Wes
Old 06-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Throckmorton

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Throckmorton
Glad to read this positive thread,as I

Just spotted that model at Wally World tonight but had no in info on them to make we want it.
NOW I WANT IT!!
Does it have a bolt hold-open feature?
Isn't Fathers' day coming.?? now if that isn't a 'good reason' ,what is??
Old 06-09-2006, 11:20 AM
BlackJack10

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes the bolt holds open by pushing the bolt-opening lever into the bolt. It's well thought out. Still like mine a lot--650rds now without one ftf or jam! The BSA used it with great effectiveness. Not bad at all for the price.