Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Marlin Number 32 Standard 1875...

791 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  NHcollector2 
#1 ·
A REVOLVER in .32 rimfire. Just bought it at a local shop, it's quite nice, very good nickel finish, five shot. The three inch barrel is hinged at the top in front of the cylinder, the cylinder is removed to load, there is a pin under the barrel used to push out spent cartridges, very like contemporary S&W revolvers. I didn't know they were a thing until I saw it at the shop. $400 seemed reasonable, especially since I have 100 rounds of .32 Short ammo. These were black powder firearms, I'll pull a bullet from a round to see if it is loaded with BP or smokeless, if smokeless then I won't shoot the little darlin'. Back in the day they were described as "the gentleman's companion".

#2 ·
Sold mine in 32 recently..It was rough and inoperable from a lot of wear on the cylinder ratchets and such..And the lack of .32 rimfire did not help my decision to keep it...I have been looking for a .22 version..Find quite a few in .22, but not at a attractive enough price yet..

I always wandered why some ammo company does not step up and start making .32 and .25 rimfire again. There are a lot of beautiful old Firearms just begging to be shot if someone would just make the ammo..

#4 ·
There was a nice 7mm pinfire revolver next to the Marlin that was priced at $75, for some reason I didn't buy it also, guess I was distracted by the shiny Marlin. Of course I will rectify that error Tuesday morning because why not? I find that there are kits available to load 7mm pf cartridges. Seriously, I had my checkbook out, sometimes I question my sanity.

I cleaned the Marlin up a bit this morning, the bore has some pitting but not bad, there is a useful amount of rifling present, it should do what it was designed for, personal protection. The cylinder bores are very good, no pitting at all. The guns were advertised as "the gentleman's companion". Not that I would carry that little .32 for protection, I have a Seecamp .32 for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.