Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:25 PM
4Patriot
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Scope rail

Helping a friend prepare for a new 10/22 purchase, ahead of doing an Appleseed this fall. I don't own one myself, I have the Marlin 795.

Question: Does the 10/22 come from the factory with a scope mounting rail? If not, what do you recommend? Regarding scope rings, do we need low, medium, or high rings to clear the iron sights?

Thanks for your attention, I would be glad to have your advice.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:33 PM
jackkade

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes, they do include a rail for scope mounting. Ring heigth depends on objective lens diameter. Most folds try to mount the scope as low as possible but still clear the barrel and sights (if you do not remove the open sights). Lower mounting aids in getting a good cheek weld on your butt stock.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:55 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Up to a 40mm Obj. you can use Med's. So, depending on the base type and the optic... which is...??

The OEM rail IF it's a newer rifle is sufficient.. not ideal.

This is a decent and in-expensive base... better because it has more cross slots/movement options to get the best eye relief possible... which in most cases is 10.5-11" from the end of the buttstock.. depending on the optic of course. .. ck. this base ... https://www.amazon.com/UTG-Tactical-.../dp/B002GNYCJ4

On the cheap but decent rings are the Weaver Quad-Locks... https://www.amazon.com/Weaver-49046-...g-goods&sr=1-4

Use a good feel for snug/tight if you don't have a torq. driver.. too tight is gunna be a crimped scope tube!

When mounting the base to the Receiver you can use a little tiny drop of Blue/Med. LocTite on the screws.. DO NOT drip it into the holes..DO NOT.. it will end up all over the top of the bolt and seize up the firing pin... only tighten those screws till snug.. over-tighten and they WILL STRIP!

Last edited by Chaser; 06-29-2020 at 10:09 PM.