Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:41 PM
fwood
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

That's a great looking stock KOD but I don't think it's available for a T3. I put my T1x in a B&C M40 stock and it works great but you do have to open up the inletting for the T1x magazine to fit. It's not hard and doesn't show with the bottom metal mounted. I'm looking for a T3 Hunter stock now for mine and when I find one will most likely get a second T1x to go in it.
I think you made a wise decision Gentle Ben.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:15 AM
kisssofdeath
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I guess B&C considers the Tikka more of a hunting rifle than anything else.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:52 AM
P226L
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly807 View Post
I switched mine for a walnut T3 Hunter stock. It's still light enough to hunt with if you're so inclined, my choice was more about aesthetics and feel than anything else. The thicker rubber recoil pad adds a bit to the LOP measurement.

I'm looking into the same stock for my T1X. Have you noticed any difference in accuracy with this stock? Also, was it a simple drop in or did you need to modify the stock at all? Thanks.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:47 AM
chilly807

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've never shot the rifle in the original stock, so I can't say if it made a difference or not when it comes to accuracy. I do know the rifle shoots very well when the operator points it in the right place. I'm definitely the weak link with this one.
This thread will give you a better idea what it's capable of in this configuration.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1157873

Fitting the T3 Hunter stock required drilling a small hole in the stock directly behind the hole for the rear action screw. There's a small plastic pin on the T1x trigger guard that isn't on the T3. Some folks have lopped the pin off, I wanted to keep it. You won't see the hole once the bottom plastic is in place, it's under the back of the trigger guard.

You'll need to open up the inside of the mag well area on the T3 stock to accommodate the T1x mag well. The T3 has no mag well attached to the rifle, unlike the T1x.
I used a sanding drum on a Dremel tool.

Probably less than 1/16" on each side has to come out. Note that the bottom plastic has a raised lip that goes around the mag well. I didn't remove enough wood in that area at first, and the mag wouldn't latch in place, also the bottom plastic bowed out. Once I figured out why it was a simple fix.
Once everything was fitted, I re-sealed the raw wood with some Tru-Oil.

I really like the Tikka with a wood stock, it changes the whole feel of the rifle.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:34 AM
langenc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
T1s trigger will undoubtedly beat the Ruger every shot. That is about 250$$ difference.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:13 PM
ohlongarm

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleBen View Post
I would think that a Tikka T1x would be smoother and more accurate than a Ruger RPR rimfire in 22LR. However the investment is a good bit more. So is it that much smoother and more accurate for the cost?

The $399 RPR bolt gun comes in a fully adjustable stock and free-floated aluminum chassis and it takes standard 10/22 mags. And has a built in scope rail. You can find a 3-pack of mags for $25. All for about $425.

The Tikka costs $469; will eventually need at least a Boyds stock ($200) or chassis ($400); extra mags cost about $35 each; needs a scope rail ($30). This comes to about $750 plus.

Thatís at least a $325 difference. Is it that much better?

I have a Tikka T3 and T3x in .223 and love it. So I know what Tikkas are all about. I just bought a new T3x plus a new Kidd Supergrade so price is an issue.

Just wondering if any of you guys have been able to compare the two rifles at a range or in the woods.
Not even close ,the Ruger is a clunker at best,sold mine within two weeks of owning it,lost about $150,moneyn well lost.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:54 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ruger precision Rimfire went back twice, no improvement, third time they told me the had to destroy the gun and would be sending a new one. I asked if I could have a target lite instead and thatís what I got.

The target light went back twice. Itís still is poor shooter.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:40 PM
GentleBen
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Bought the T1x, put it in a Boyds T3 At-One Thumbhole stock. With a little Dremel work it fits fine. My stock also came with a pre-drilled hole for the pin in the T1x bottom plastic. Torqued it down to 32 lbs. mag drops freely. Might bed it, not sure because it shoots pretty darn good. Boringly accurate at 25 yards. Mostly MOA at 50. Still breaking it in, only 150 rounds through it. Thumbhole very comfortable. I like it a lot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D117D68C-5EE6-44F7-A3ED-A4162F58F2F4_1560796809934.jpg (527.9 KB, 22 views)
Old 06-17-2019, 03:59 PM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
GentleBen, that looks very nice! I don't think you will ever regret the decision to go with the T1x. chilly807, I like your stock very much also. I never comented because I don't own the T1x or Ruger RPR either, but I do own a Sako Qiuad, similar to the T1x and I have owned T3 Tikka's also and in my opinion there would be no comparison between those and the Ruger rifles.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:01 PM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlongarm View Post
Not even close ,the Ruger is a clunker at best,sold mine within two weeks of owning it,lost about $150,moneyn well lost.
That's how I feel. Mine is up for sale on consignment now. The Tikka is the king in it's price range and in some cases out of price range. It's not in Anschutz territory, I know that for a fact but then again, it's nowhere near the price (new for new).

I have the Ruger "precision-lol" rimfire so I can pass judgment. It is a lose, lose situation.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:29 PM
ohlongarm

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisssofdeath View Post
That's how I feel. Mine is up for sale on consignment now. The Tikka is the king in it's price range and in some cases out of price range. It's not in Anschutz territory, I know that for a fact but then again, it's nowhere near the price (new for new).

I have the Ruger "precision-lol" rimfire so I can pass judgment. It is a lose, lose situation.
I hear ya being a hunter only it's perfect,even an Anshutz in a hunting type rifle would be splitting hairs against it.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:19 PM
chinook
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I had the RPR in .22 lr. While I liked some things about it, there were others I did not. The magazine problem I had with mine was beyond annoying (it was affecting feeding). I had already bought the Tikka and sold the RPR to fund my KRG Bravo for it. I do not typically sell my guns, but there is no love lost on that one. I took a $50 loss...not too terrible.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:57 PM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinook View Post
I had the RPR in .22 lr. While I liked some things about it, there were others I did not. The magazine problem I had with mine was beyond annoying (it was affecting feeding). I had already bought the Tikka and sold the RPR to fund my KRG Bravo for it. I do not typically sell my guns, but there is no love lost on that one. I took a $50 loss...not too terrible.
I believe there are enough of us that we could almost form a club. I'm talking people who have sold their Ruger PR's and happy to do so.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:54 AM
Lance Boyle
US Marines Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have been intrigued by both rifles. I like the Ruger design until I handled one. The stock is a touch too flimsy.

I have been watching the Tikka but it seems to be a bit too long in the LOP and barrel length for what I want. Kind of waiting for them to make a youth variant, preferably with wood stock.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:57 AM
stevezt4

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think I may go pick up the tikka today, wish it was 16Ē. Thinking about selling my savage fvsr, itís not near as refined as the tikka, but it shoots lights out! I canít wait to get the tikka all setup and ready to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk