Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:17 PM
Johnthebaptism

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tikka T1x accuracy vs CZ 455/7

I'm am going to purchase either a Cz 457 Mtr or tikka t1x very soon. I have reached out to a couple members on here who owns both a t1x and cz 455/457 to see which is more accurate out of the box. Most leaned towards tikka. I am going to leave either rifle completely stock. Base on your experience which rifle would put out the smallest groups consistantly? I don't care about wood or aesthetics. Thank you
Old 05-20-2019, 09:11 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Interesting rifles to compare, please feel free to disregard my post. My experience is with the Sako Quad, very similar to the Tikka, and CZ452. I just love the trigger on the Tikka/Sako rifles, so simple and crisp, nice. I also have much respect for CZ, and the 457 MTR sure looks great. I would just put my trust in the Tikka/Sako brand.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:36 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Don't have a 457 but do own one 452, a BRNO and an Anschutz 1710. Currently have the club Tikka 1X in my safe and shoot that a bit as well. My son just bought a Tikka and that now makes 5 Tikkas at the range. Every one shoots very well with a range of ammo.
My 452 is a little ammo fussy and the Annie not so.
For consistency out of the box and price we have found the Tikkas to an excellent choice. Lots of aftermarket stuff getting around as well. Gaining quite a following down under.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2019, 12:23 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Meant to mention that wproct is spot with the adjustability of the trigger - and a trigger spring is an easy fix if needed.
An additional benefit has been the weight and LOP. Juniors and Silhouette shooters find the weight and barrel length an advantage. That and Tikka reputation for accuracy is probably why we now have 5 T1x rifles at the club. Butt pads for the stock are easy to find if greater LOP is needed and fit straight on the stock. One club member simply changed the T1x pad out for the pad off a T3.
The action slicks up nicely in a short period of time.
Still would be worth handling both rifles to see what is the best fit for you as the stocks are quite different.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:31 AM
lithgow_101

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
been shooting my t1x in 22lr for 6 months and only just seeing the CZ457's for sale here in Australia, and almost no Varmint/Target models, anyway the T1x that I have won't shoot !!! till it fires at least 50 rounds ,after it's been thoroughly cleaned, and I mean it's been inspected with a bore scope. the T1X does out shoot my mates CZ452 Varmint, and quite a few others at my range. and it shoots better than my CZ453 Varmint, before it had the LILJA barrel fitted.
the 457 with that Big Heavy stock will feel more stable off the bench, and the T1X is light and tends to move about.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:19 AM
RMS1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I can't speak for the T1x but I would like to have one but I have recently purchased the 457 MTR and have been really pleased about the accuracy of this gun. Maybe I was just lucky but it easily outshoots all my other CZs. I have 4- 452s and two 455s that shoot well but aren't comparable as far as accurancy from the bench. Good luck with which ever gun you choose but the MTR is pretty mush just a bench rifle because of weight and the way the stock is made but mine is a real tack driver.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:55 AM
fwood
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got my Tikka in December. Out of the box it was shooting 1/2" or better with subsonic and it wasn't picky about ammunition. Groups do get better after it shoots about 100 rounds and it is always very consistent.
Bought a CZ 457 At-One couple of weeks ago. Initially had a lot of issues with vertical stringing and inconsistent groups. I was very disappointed with its accuracy. Really cleaned the barrel and chamber and disassembled the bolt and polished the striker. Bolt had a lot of oil in it. After that it has been shooting much better and actually shot better groups from the cleaned rifle than my T1x with its freshly cleaned barrel. Too soon to say if that trend will continue.
Both rifles have good adjustable triggers. The At-One has lots of adjustable options with its stock if that's your style. Both are good rifles.
For all around hunting or bench or target shooting I would pick the Tikka T1x. For bench and target shooting only I might go with the CZ and that is about the At-One stock.
The Tikka hit the ground running. CZ 457 didn't. YMMV
Old 05-21-2019, 06:36 PM
Johnthebaptism

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm really leaning towards T1x. Eventually I think I will try to find a T3x Tac A1 chassis to put it in.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:13 AM
kisssofdeath
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnthebaptism View Post
I'm really leaning towards T1x. Eventually I think I will try to find a T3x Tac A1 chassis to put it in.
Tikka T1x would be a wise choice.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:49 AM
lithgow_101

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I heard IBI Barrels are thinking about making Match stainless barrels for the T1X , Why Buy a Voodoo in 22lr when a T1x in a t3X stock feels the same !!! and if you fit a large bolt handle , you have it made

Last edited by lithgow_101; 05-22-2019 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:24 AM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lithgow_101 View Post
I heard IBI Barrels are thinking about making Match stainless barrels for the T1X , Why Buy a Voodoo in 22lr when a T1x in a t3X stock feels the same !!! and if you fit a large bolt handle , you have it made
You are correct. I have been talking to Ryan Steacy with IBI and they are still waiting on their import permit to import to the US. They have barrels already listed on their FB page for the 10/22, 455/457, Savage MK II and I believe the Ruger Precision Rimfire. The larger bolt handle is very very nice.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:21 PM
Desert J
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnthebaptism View Post
Just a heads up, its not a direct drop in. The scope rail and handguard rail will need some fitting to work together.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:55 PM
prairie maggot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just a quick question - not to hijack this thread, but if the T1X is shooting so well, why re barrel? I have the same issues with those who re barrel a CZ that is shooting good. Neither of them are BR rifles per se. And they both shoot extremely well for sporting rifles. If most of the competitions do not require BR accuracy (which they don't) isn't the problem more with us than with our rifles? Chew on that for a while. Either the Tikka or the CZ will serve you well. they are equally accurate. Get the one that you just feel drawn too and stop all this nonsense of trying to justify one over the other. Burt
Old 05-22-2019, 01:20 PM
kisssofdeath

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie maggot View Post
Just a quick question - not to hijack this thread, but if the T1X is shooting so well, why re barrel? I have the same issues with those who re barrel a CZ that is shooting good. Neither of them are BR rifles per se. And they both shoot extremely well for sporting rifles. If most of the competitions do not require BR accuracy (which they don't) isn't the problem more with us than with our rifles? Chew on that for a while. Either the Tikka or the CZ will serve you well. they are equally accurate. Get the one that you just feel drawn too and stop all this nonsense of trying to justify one over the other. Burt
Only reason I would re-barrel is because I have two 22LR T1x's. One would stay stock and the other will be played with. The plan is a KRG Bravo with IBI barrel. As good as the Tikka's are they are still no match for my Anschutz.

Old 05-22-2019, 04:21 PM
thauglor

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Does the 457 trigger still act as a bolt release/stop?

With the Tikka, it has a bolt release allowing the trigger to do only 1 job and hence can be made lighter with less issues. On my 455, if the trigger was too light, it wouldn't stop the bolt from coming out when cycling it. It was occasional but very annoying.