Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Sandy22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seewin View Post
It appears to me there is a very small, but consistent error in thread pitch which would equate to a constant gain of a couple tenths at each click.
But there isn't. 2.2 clicks coincides with 2.2 thou and so on.

The question is, why (& how) would you have a reading at 2.2 clicks?
Old 12-09-2013, 05:18 PM
glp
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
But

From which point on the thread did they start? First value was 1:1 all others showed a gain.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Hip's Ax

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Hip's Ax
OK after some small and some major set backs I am pretty much moved into my new digs. Got some of my stuff unpacked and my Mk10 is a 1/8" not the 1/4" I thought I remembered and the serial number is 00161. Trying to get some pictures up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2014, 08:48 AM
JohnOhio

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip's Ax View Post
OK after some small and some major set backs I am pretty much moved into my new digs. Got some of my stuff unpacked and my Mk10 is a 1/8" not the 1/4" I thought I remembered and the serial number is 00161. Trying to get some pictures up.
Thanks for posting the serial number of your MK 10! Evidently the serial numbers never went in sequence or there would be over 25000 MK 10 sights that were produced. In my research I have found that as little as 30 might have been made but I don't have any concrete evidence to prove this. Seems like somebody I know was doing a article on redfield sights several years ago and contacted Redfield for some information and this was the figure that was thrown out there. I do know that each one of these sights were handmade and very timely and costly to make. The price also reflected this and would have only been purchased by the most serious of shooters. Whatever the figure these are very rare sights and most have never even heard of the Mark 10.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Hip's Ax

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Old 01-11-2014, 02:07 PM
Hip's Ax

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Old 01-11-2014, 02:07 PM
Hip's Ax

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Old 01-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Seewin

TPC Rating: 
100% (68)
Hip's Ax,
Look's like the adjustable scales are missing. Yours look's a little earlier than mine based on serial number.
I think you better shoot that old Eley before it oxidizes away!
Steve
Old 01-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Hip's Ax

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Steve, the scales are on the other side for some reason.

LOL those 3 bricks are part of tons of ammo unearthed during the move. Yeah, I have a LOT of ammo that the lube has oxidized, I am going to try some re-lube experiments this year. I fell in love with lube making due to my new black powder cartridge target addiction so I have hundreds of pounds of various ingredients (including mutton tallow) to concoct and try. Hope it works out, you see the new Eley and Lapua prices?? >
Old 01-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Seewin

TPC Rating: 
100% (68)
Yes, I have seen the prices! Just about had to get a second mortgage for the 2 cases I got. It's up over 50% in the last 5 years.
If interested in lubricants, I can get you the formula my dad developed about 45 years ago. It's listed on several websites or I can send you a link. Worked very well for us back in the old days in our Popes and Petersons.
Steve
Old 01-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Hip's Ax

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Steve, I would love to have the formula, Please!!

Yeah, only 12 years ago Tenex or Midas gold box was $762 a case to your door. I think I may be shooting a lot more centerfire and black powder in the years to come if this price gouging continues. That is if I can find 107 and 142 MatchKings and pure lead and tin I'm willing to pay for!
Old 01-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Hip's Ax

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
OMG I just remembered your last name. Is it 50% beeswax, 40% Crisco and 10% canola oil?!?!

I am using a tweaked version of that lube now, I replaced the 10% canola with 5% jojoba and 5% lanolin. Going to try incorperating some soy wax soon but the formula I just stated has been working wonderfully!!
Old 01-11-2014, 05:31 PM
wfoss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The serial number range is perplexing any thoughts as to why they changed from. 00000 to E00000 ? My 00140 looks like yours seewin scale indicators below the serial number it also appears that they could be placed on the other side like hipax's I have searched the net for production numbers but no luck finding any
Old 01-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Hip's Ax

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mk10's were ambidextrous, perhaps mine was owned by a lefty. In any event the scales can be easily moved from front to back.

Being an engineer perhaps the change in format of the serial number is due to a revision. Perhaps the serial number is more like a lot number in that in each character position a given digit has specific meaning like who assembled or fitted the sight etc. Just thinking out loud.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:13 PM
wfoss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hip's ax I was leaning towards an I'd of the assembler somewhere in the number too have you compared yours to seewin's pictures ? I think mine looks nearly identical. Wish I had a chance to clean out redfields old paper records before they sold. those records. are now lost sadly