Altamont Advanced Hunting Stock (KKC) - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-08-2021, 02:27 PM
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

I've been on Altamont's "list" for over a year waiting for the KKC to come back into stock
Old 06-09-2021, 07:01 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
I've been on Altamont's "list" for over a year waiting for the KKC to come back into stock

I find it ugly, no offense
Old 06-09-2021, 07:36 PM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (272)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
I agree (and no offense). But I, too, am too much of a traditionalist to like that stock, no matter how functional. But if it works for you...

Doug
Old 06-09-2021, 10:12 PM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
I agree (and no offense). But I, too, am too much of a traditionalist to like that stock, no matter how functional. But if it works for you...

Doug
definitely no offense taken guys, I never said it was a beauty or anything and my favorite stock remains the Raptor, but I find it much better looking than say some of the plastic stocks available like an archangel, a magpul, a hogue or even any of the AR chassis type stocks..now those are downright ugly

besides I'd bet you guys have never picked one up a KKC and shouldered it...they feel really good
Old 06-10-2021, 07:27 AM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (272)
I emphatically agree on the Raptor, cracked! One of the most comfortable and natural-feeling stocks to shoulder that I've ever used. And it works quite well off the bench too. Finding one can be a real challenge though.

Doug
Old 06-10-2021, 06:34 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
definitely no offense taken guys, I never said it was a beauty or anything and my favorite stock remains the Raptor, but I find it much better looking than say some of the plastic stocks available like an archangel, a magpul, a hogue or even any of the AR chassis type stocks..now those are downright ugly

besides I'd bet you guys have never picked one up a KKC and shouldered it...they feel really good

The Archangel looks the worst---it looks so "baduy."

I would give it away or donate it.

For personal use, I would not even buy it for $5, seriously.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:00 PM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I am not a real fan of the archangel stock, but I do have one in red. Red with a older highly polished receiver, metal polished trigger group with a Kidd Trigger Job kit, Kidd Ultra Lite silver barrel with silver Mueller APV scope and silver rings, just seems to make it look okay. I have two of the Magpul stocks for competition guns because they fit me so well. I have one At-One and several Boyd's walnut hunter stocks. I am probably in the minority, but I just cannot wrap my head around a thumb hole stock. JMHO
Old 06-10-2021, 08:29 PM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpolk View Post
I am not a real fan of the archangel stock, but I do have one in red. Red with a older highly polished receiver, metal polished trigger group with a Kidd Trigger Job kit, Kidd Ultra Lite silver barrel with silver Mueller APV scope and silver rings, just seems to make it look okay. I have two of the Magpul stocks for competition guns because they fit me so well. I have one At-One and several Boyd's walnut hunter stocks. I am probably in the minority, but I just cannot wrap my head around a thumb hole stock. JMHO
you're not supposed to wrap your head around it...you're supposed to wrap your hand around it