Kidd Supergrade Slip Fit Inlet Mod - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-25-2018, 07:23 PM
DInghram
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

I have a new Supergrade from this spring. I only shoot USBR targets at 25 and 50 yards. Occassionally, I take the scope off and put my little red dot on it to shoot at larger targets from the bench. I can take the gun all apart, barrel, scope, and red dot, and then put it back together and it might be 1/8" inch off at 25 yards at the most. My scope is in Leupold QRWII rings that actually work. Anyway enough of that. I wish I had been a fly on the wall when George was doing this work. I used to be a carpenter a long time ago, so this work would have been wonderful to watch. I would love to see all his little bits and pieces of end mills, and drills and such. I would also love to see him take all these measurements and set up his equipment. Cool stuff!!!
Old 08-26-2018, 09:44 PM
PhilF
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Supergrade

This is helpful, trying to figure out the best way to modify my Victor Titan so I can change barrels without total dissambly. I'm sure the folks at Kidd have a fixture to drill the Magpul stock for the Supergrade, would be nice if you could send your stock to them for this mod after buying a Supergrade. The vertical hole would be simple, it's the 45 degree hole in the Titan that's the problem.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:53 PM
supersharp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilF View Post
This is helpful, trying to figure out the best way to modify my Victor Titan so I can change barrels without total dissambly. I'm sure the folks at Kidd have a fixture to drill the Magpul stock for the Supergrade, would be nice if you could send your stock to them for this mod after buying a Supergrade. The vertical hole would be simple, it's the 45 degree hole in the Titan that's the problem.
See if azguy would do it for you .You won't know until you ask he's a great guy
Old 08-27-2018, 07:25 PM
PhilF
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
See if azguy would do it for you .You won't know until you ask he's a great guy
Thanks supersharp, I pm'd azguy, see if he can help. I have neither the tools nor the skills he has, I'm not willing to experiment on what is now a near 3K build, more than willing to pay to have this done right!. Things got a little crazy when I bought the Nightforce 8-32X56! Really bought into the Buy once-cry once, I'm only going to do this once!
Again, thanks
Phil
Old 08-02-2020, 03:25 PM
cmb1

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I know this is an old thread but it ain't as old as I am. My Supergrade is exactly what the Dr. ordered...literally Both of my hands and shoulders have had surgeries for Rheumatoid
Arthritis so "range of motion" is really limited for me. Removing the barrel first has certainly kept my cleaning/maintenance chores more pain-free! I don't expect anyone to consider what working for a paycheck for 50 years can do to a body
Old 06-10-2021, 02:32 AM
RaggedHole
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
It's been almost 5 years George and it is still shooting lasers! Hope you are doing great and I am so thankful for thistle stock work and this rifle, I'll never sell it!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (307.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (119.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 06-17-2021, 01:16 PM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedHole View Post
It's been almost 5 years George and it is still shooting lasers! Hope you are doing great and I am so thankful for thistle stock work and this rifle, I'll never sell it!!!
Looks like a KEEPER! This is something that I’ve been saying for years - people don’t realize the value of pillar bedding until they’ve had one properly bedded and shot it over several years’ time. Properly maintained, they hold their accuracy for a reason. That maintenance requires disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly. A rifle in a properly bedded stock ensures that the action will return to its original position and provide consistent stability and barrel harmonics over time.

DrGunner