savage 22 pistol - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-08-2021, 08:27 PM
larry2kat
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
savage 22 pistol

A co - worker gave me a Savage model 101 single shot 22 rimfire pistol to clean up. It belonged to his father who was moving to another state. Co-worker did not know he had the pistol. Not counting some minor surface rust that was easily cleaned, the gun seems to have not been fired much. Rifling is very good. I fired two rounds with no problem
It even has the original box and with what passed for an owners manual and some of the waxed paper it was shipped in.
I know they were made from 1960 to 1968/69. With having the original box, owners manual, any idea what it might be worth? I would put its condition at around 80 to 85%, but that is a guess on my part.
Thanks for any info.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:38 PM
Trailboss
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I can't really say what their worth but I still have mine from that period. I was a kid and walked into a sporting goods store and purchased it for $15 with a box of Winchester Super-X 22 included. With that first box of 50 rounds I'm pretty sure I killed at least 30 rabbits and 1 wild dog that was tearing my pant leg off. With the permission of my school Principal, my pistol stayed in my paper delivery bag in my locker each day, waiting for my after school walk home while delivering papers. My route was around 8 miles long and quite rural.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:41 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Imo, it is pretty much impossible anymore to do valuations considering the current flux of the real value of the American Dollar.....the inflation/devaluation thing.
Warning: Well, such as I can remember, dont try to take the 'cylinder'/loading breech out, there is a trick and if/when done wrong it locks the whole thing up when a ball check falls in the wrong place. Drilling is then required!
The one I had wasnt but pop can 'accurate', not good enough for small game except a trap-line. Too bad, it was the size of the much better Ruger Bearcat and lots cheaper.

Last edited by gcrank1; 06-08-2021 at 09:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2021, 08:52 PM
larry2kat
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I forgot to mention that I had one of these myself back in mid sixties.
As I recall, a lot of pests met their end. Actually wore the gun out, don't remember what was done with it them. Sure liked it though.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Sav99age
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
85% but has box and papers...guessing around $200.