Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Got a 10/22 TD. Now what?

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Plainsman 
#1 ·
Last week Walmart marked the 10/22 TD down to $184. I sent my buddy after one, and I managed to pick on up as well.

So, I'm planning on getting into the suppressor world soon.

With that in mind, I thought this would be a great one to be able to mount a can.

I see Ruger offers a factory threaded barrel for these, and then there are all kinds of options out there ranging up to $300+.

I don't really see this as being a tack driver, more of a plinker, so let's see some of your more affordable 10/22 TD's that can handle a can.

Not opposed to a new stock, but honestly the factory rig feels fine to me. I like the feel of the Hogues, but don't know if I want to make a $200 plinker into a $600 plinker, so will most likely keep the stock....stock.

#6 ·
I agree for a plinker the factory threaded barrel should be fine. I too like the Hogue stock's (for the TD) because I feel like they help dampen the weird harmonics that the TD makes. Not stated as a fact just something I think could be possible as to why my TD's seem to shoot best in Hogue stock's. I know you don't want to put a bunch of $ into it but you can get Hogue or Magpul stock/ barrel combos for the TD. Here's one of mine with a Hogue/ Tacsol fluted & threaded combo. I paid around $350 but I think you can find them for less now.

Attachments

#7 ·
$400 is as cheap as I find them.. and that's the plain Jane Black Tupperware stock non-threaded barrel... no Back Pack just the soft brief case looking tote/case... cheap guns are no-mo... they are getting what the Market will tolerate.. which like ammo is HIGH. I am working on a Buddies right now and he has $1100 in it... mostly all now aftermarket goodies in/on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.