Russian CM-2 Cadet version for an adult? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Charlotte
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)

I do have a bloop tube for my CM-2. I actually have two, a 6" and a 10". I'm not using either one right now because I personally haven't found them to benefit me. A lot of top level competitors use them but my personal experience has shown no benefit, but that's just me. The tube is useless if you are using a scope. The tube does reduce noise though which you may find beneficial. It isn't a silencer kind of noise reduction but it is noticeable.
I'm just now finding that using an occluder and shooting with both eyes open significantly improves my sight picture and is more worthy of your attention than a sight extension tube.
I would like to add that for those of us who need glasses it will be a BIG help to have prescription shooting glasses. Before you go to the optometrist get into position with your rifle and look through your sights as you normally do your shooting. While in that position pay close attention to the part of the lens you are looking through and you will find it somewhere in the upper inside corner. Your optometrist can have your aiming eye lens ground to optimize your sight picture if he knows how/where you are looking through the lens. The results are gratifying to say the least.
Ideally shooting glasses are single vision lenses and for most people they are your distance rx with a +.25 or +.50. Mine happens to be +.75
In shooting my prone matches I wear Knobloch frames with a 23mm lens and I'm getting another set of glasses made for shooting offhand in our NRA Light Rifle match.
I know this all seems like loose association, but since the purpose of the bloop tube is to improve your accuracy by a longer sight radius, I am just saying that an occluder and designated shooting glasses will have a greater impact on your accuracy than the tube.

Last edited by Charlotte; 05-18-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:28 PM
**DRB**

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
I do have a bloop tube for my CM-2. I actually have two, a 6" and a 10". I'm not using either one right now because I personally haven't found them to benefit me. A lot of top level competitors use them but my personal experience has shown no benefit, but that's just me. The tube is useless if you are using a scope. The tube does reduce noise though which you may find beneficial. It isn't a silencer kind of noise reduction but it is noticeable.
I'm just now finding that using an occluder and shooting with both eyes open significantly improves my sight picture and is more worthy of your attention than a sight extension tube.
I would like to add that for those of us who need glasses it will be a BIG help to have prescription shooting glasses. Before you go to the optometrist get into position with your rifle and look through your sights as you normally do your shooting. While in that position pay close attention to the part of the lens you are looking through and you will find it somewhere in the upper inside corner. Your optometrist can have your aiming eye lens ground to optimize your sight picture if he knows how/where you are looking through the lens. The results are gratifying to say the least.
Ideally shooting glasses are single vision lenses and for most people they are your distance rx with a +.25 or +.50. Mine happens to be +.75
In shooting my prone matches I wear Knobloch frames with a 23mm lens and I'm getting another set of glasses made for shooting offhand in our NRA Light Rifle match.
I know this all seems like loose association, but since the purpose of the bloop tube is to improve your accuracy by a longer sight radius, I am just saying that an occluder and designated shooting glasses will have a greater impact on your accuracy than the tube.
Great post, thank you very much!

I do indeed wear glasses, but all to often skip wearing them at the range. I dont like saftey glases worn over my regular glasses and I dont have any specifically for shooting. I'm gonna look into that

drb
Old 06-07-2010, 07:29 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CM-2 Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by **DRB** View Post
Maybe you guys could help me out with some info on a "bloop tube"
sounds like something I may be interested in....
Be careful ... one modification may lead to another - aom22.
Charlotte can attest to this.
CM-2 Pictures
CM-2 cheek piece
Rear irises
CM-2 vs Annie ... Entry Russian VS Entry ANSCHÜTZ: For the Money - Fair Comparison?
CM-2 at the match
My new CM-2
Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Charlotte
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
In reading some of the older posts I noticed we had someone come into the thread seeming to take a little offense to our comparison of the CM-2 to the Anschutz. I don't think anyone here ever slammed Anschutz and if they did it would most likely have been me who was mis read. All in all, when it comes to shooting the old saying "It's not the arrows, it's the indian." is the most valid statement that can be made.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:22 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Link Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
In reading some of the older posts I noticed we had someone come into the thread
seeming to take a little offense to our comparison of the CM-2 to the Anschutz....
Charlotte ... could you post a link to the thread?
I'd like to re-read it - aom22.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:57 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Give and Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by aom22 View Post
... I'd like to re-read it - aom22.
Just finished re-reading the thread ... nothing to be concerned about.
Normal give and take - I think.